Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2020 8:01:42 AM EDT
I have a new long rail A3 M1 ordered, it should be shipped soon and my dealer is going to hold it until I return stateside from deployment.

I already have a bunch of Steyr and MagPul mags and a factory 1.5x optic.

Minor questions:
What else is in the box?

I gather it's a manual, a magazine, and maybe a cleaning kit. Sling?

Is the short rail off to the side included?

If so, is it reversable?

What flavors/weights,etc. of ammo do they tend to favor?

What else to get (other than a second one)?

Any recommendations on suppressors?

Finally, are there any obvious questions I have not asked?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
When I had one, it included a mag and manual.  No sling or cleaning kit.  The rail is attached.  It is not reversible as it would interfere with the charging handle.  Since it was a 1x9 twist, I've shot everything from 52 grain up to 62 grain without any issues...accuracy was fine.  I never did get a chance to really stretch it's wings so I can't comment what it liked best.  

About the only things I can comment on adding are a sling and more mags.  If you want to shoot suppressed you will need a suppressor gas plug from Pete at PJS but they are sold out at the moment.  

I decided that I needed another AUG and found STG77SA that decided to pick it up.  Should be here Monday.  Might have to get another for my son.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
operate the charging palm-up
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:[/b]
I have a new long rail A3 M1 ordered, it should be shipped soon and my dealer is going to hold it until I return stateside from deployment.

I already have a bunch of Steyr and MagPul mags and a factory 1.5x optic.

Minor questions:
What else is in the box?

Gun, mag, and manual

I gather it's a manual, a magazine, and maybe a cleaning kit. Sling?

No sling or kit

Is the short rail off to the side included?

Yes

If so, is it reversable?

No

What flavors/weights,etc. of ammo do they tend to favor?

I have limited here but it’s shooting well with 55

What else to get (other than a second one)?

2020 sear, a good sling, Corvus defense shell deflector, parts kit for extra stuff if you can find one and maybe another barrel

Any recommendations on suppressors?

Have t used one with it sorry none from me

Not really, new barrels aren’t chromed lined, just get out and shoot it, maybe how to take down or remove barrel but that’s all I can think of and those videos are all the place. Push the button on back and push out swivel for trigger back to rear , barrel out front with it of a button and turning the barrel, and receiver separation from stock by pushing out the block. It’s all very easy. Also it’s a good gun to wear gloves with due to the charging handle and gas system. Otherwise you may mess up your knuckles or turn you thumb black

Thanks for the help.

Response in quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
operate the charging palm-up
View Quote

Good one, or with gloves otherwise you will cheese grate your hands.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd suggest using the gun out of the box as is, first. You'll get a good understanding of the AUGs behavior before slapping parts all over it, then you'll be able to judge the efficacy of the parts you've swapped out.

Congratulations on the new gun.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd suggest using the gun out of the box as is, first. You'll get a good understanding of the AUGs behavior before slapping parts all over it, then you'll be able to judge the efficacy of the parts you've swapped out.

Congratulations on the new gun.
View Quote

Do this. Run the gun a few times to see if you want to improve it or not.

I did a few mods on my A3CQC:

the ejection port deflector from Corvuos defenso which can be found on the Stery Usa website the last time I visited there about 16 months ago.

TSM 2020 sear which improve the trigger pull.

Manticore switch back charging handle. The factory handle was getting in the way with a LaRue rail that I am using the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the replies!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#8]
another vote for the switch back charging handle.  it's the single best upgrade I've made other than a trigger on any rifle I've owned.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congratulations! I'm glad that you were able to find the black model that you were having trouble locating in stock.

Now, instead of having to trade you a black stock set for a white one, I'm on the hunt for someone to trade me a mud set for my black set.

Stay safe over there!

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the help.
View Quote
 Yes What are the most important mods you can get for the AUG. Answer ; The Ratworx 2020 sear & Corvis mag release.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top