BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2018 8:31:11 PM EDT
Do these exist anywhere?  Similar to this but with IR output:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but if they did, what IR wavelength would you want them to operate at? Maybe you could substitute IR LEDs for visible LEDs?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm wondering whether the intent was to provide illumination for a standard night-sensitive video camera or for some other purpose...
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:52:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know, but if they did, what IR wavelength would you want them to operate at? Maybe you could substitute IR LEDs for visible LEDs?
View Quote
Buy some and replace with IR LEDS in appropriate freq. range.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Busy day yesterday and forgot about this.

I've got some dark spots in my camera coverage that wouldn't be easy to get power to.  I can't use bright white lights so looking for alternatives. The DIY is looking like my best bet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:17:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The problem with those type of lights is they are usually really weak and don't put out alot of light.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Better illumination.

I've looked quite a bit for standard bulb style IR led replacements as well with no luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top