Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2024 8:37:26 PM EDT
I just put an asr, 3 prong flash hider on my socom 16.  Unfortunately the Schuster adjustable as well as the factory springfield plug are both too long to allow my can to thread onto the asr.  The base of the can hits the plug way before it seats.  I believe I need a shorter plug.  I know sei makes a shorter plug but does anyone know if it is short enough?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Read this thread

Attachment Attached File

Stock is .940"
SEI is .700"
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  A .24" difference might get it done.  I'm just not sure if I need the adaptor.  I'd like to avoid adding a usless inch if I can help it. Not sure how the asr mounts compare with what you used.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:01:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snevid:
Thanks.  A .24" difference might get it done.  I'm just not sure if I need the adaptor.  I'd like to avoid adding a usless inch if I can help it. Not sure how the asr mounts compare with what you used.  Thoughts?
View Quote

Take the gas plug out and install the can. Measure the distance from the gas plug mounting surface to the back of the can.

I think most suppressor mounts are going to be an issue. The suppressor usually always go to the back of the mount to save length. That is why I asked Ron to make his mount a little bit longer to prevent having to use an extra adapter.

Eta:

This style may work, but then it doesn't work with the rest of your mounts, etc.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top