Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2022 7:47:39 PM EDT
There's a dealer that I've gone through here that is a fairly larger dealer class 3 dealer - SS shop kiosk top tier shop.  I have bought 4 suppressors through them because of this - the kiosk makes buying it easier, but now that e-forns is live I am looking to branch out to other shops.  Reason being is that whenever my tax stamp has arrived, whenever I go to show up to pickup the can, it takes damn near an hour and a half for them to fuck around with everything.  Every, damn, time.  I'm to the point that my time is more important than going in to just wait.  Their employees don't seem to even want to process the pickups that I've done - they basically fuck around helping other customers, while ignoring me until they get everyone taken care of then come back to help me.  I'm over it.  How long has it usually taken you to process and pickup your can from your FFL once the tax stamp is approved?  Just trying to find out if my experience is normal or not.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
i show up fill out a 4473 not sure if its because i live in the peoples republic of Oregon or what but they dont run a background check. once im finished with that i get my can and pay any transfer fees ect then leave.

pretty quick and easy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There's a dealer that I've gone through here that is a fairly larger dealer class 3 dealer - SS shop kiosk top tier shop.  I have bought 4 suppressors through them because of this - the kiosk makes buying it easier, but now that e-forns is live I am looking to branch out to other shops.  Reason being is that whenever my tax stamp has arrived, whenever I go to show up to pickup the can, it takes damn near an hour and a half for them to fuck around with everything.  Every, damn, time.  I'm to the point that my time is more important than going in to just wait.  Their employees don't seem to even want to process the pickups that I've done - they basically fuck around helping other customers, while ignoring me until they get everyone taken care of then come back to help me.  I'm over it.  How long has it usually taken you to process and pickup your can from your FFL once the tax stamp is approved?  Just trying to find out if my experience is normal or not.
View Quote

You've already waited many moons for the AFT to waste your life before you can enjoy your can and now you're going to complain about an hour and a half?  Go sit in the corner and play sudoku on your phone or something until the gunshop employees are done handling customers.  The world doesn't revolve around you, Karen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can’t really blame them IMO:  you are a “captive” customer (i.e. done deal) to whom they are providing a service albeit at a price.

Their other customers come first…which is understandable (INO).

IOW don’t sweat it or take your transfers elsewhere and see if they are any better and the additional travel time is worth it.
View Quote

Yeah, and I have a problem with that because they are making money off of my transaction - yet they don't seem to give a rip to make my experience as painless as possible.

I am going to find another dealer, was just curious to know if other had similar experiences when picking up your cans.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i show up fill out a 4473 not sure if its because i live in the peoples republic of Oregon or what but they dont run a background check. once im finished with that i get my can and pay any transfer fees ect then leave.

pretty quick and easy.
View Quote

The approved Form 4 was the background check.

My experience mirrors yours, btw. All I had to do was fill out a 4473 and I was out the door.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
In and out the door for pickups @hansohnbrothers in under 15 minutes. Ray is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I always get the call that my stamp came in while I am out of town and have to wait until I am home to get them.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My experience mirrors yours, btw. All I had to do was fill out a 4473 and I was out the door.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty quick and easy.

Yeah 15 minutes, max.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

pretty quick and easy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#10]
in and out 15 to 20 min max
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#11]
AIM has handled all my nfa transfers. Longest was 20 minutes (they were super busy), shortest was 6-7 minutes. They do a great job, Brian runs a good business.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#12]
My guy runs a busy range at the same time.  Its just him and his mom running the show as his dad has gotten too old and retired.  He's tried to get reliable help but with the recent events of the past few years its been hard for him to get someone willing to work outside in the heat, do some manual labor as outdoor ranges require maintaining etc.......  Guess the Govt paying people to "not" work didn't help either.  

In other words I try and pick a day in the middle of the week vs the weekend where I know they are going to be ridiculously busy when purchasing or picking one up.  I'm also a patient guy and plan ahead accordingly knowing it might not be a 15 min in and out process which it has been for a few of them but usually is not the case.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can't really blame them IMO:  you are a "captive" customer (i.e. done deal) to whom they are providing a service albeit at a price.
Their other customers come first which is understandable (INO).
IOW don't sweat it or take your transfers elsewhere and see if they are any better and the additional travel time is worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Can't really blame them IMO:  you are a "captive" customer (i.e. done deal) to whom they are providing a service albeit at a price.
Their other customers come first which is understandable (INO).
IOW don't sweat it or take your transfers elsewhere and see if they are any better and the additional travel time is worth it.

It should be first come first serve. You are paying for this service and they get a cut from SS. It's not a free favor for a friend.

Quoted:
You've already waited many moons for the AFT to waste your life before you can enjoy your can and now you're going to complain about an hour and a half?  Go sit in the corner and play sudoku on your phone or something until the gunshop employees are done handling customers.  The world doesn't revolve around you, Karen.
Yeah, I don't get why it should take a long time either. You come in, fill out the 4473, grab your suppressors and leave. There is absolutely no reason why that should take more than 20 minutes max. No different than any other firearms transfer.  

I'd go to a different dealer that understands customer service.

I've never had this issue though. It's always been in and out.  My problem lately was on the eF4 front end certify nonsense. I switched to a different dealer and solved that.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In and out the door for pickups @hansohnbrothers in under 15 minutes. Ray is amazing.
View Quote

Second that. Ray is a class act. Picked up my first can with them last week. Absolutely will get more business from me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a dealer "lose" my integral 10/22 in his safe for a week when my stamp came in and he was a dick about it.  It came with a hard case and when I got home I pealed back the foam in the case and there were bunch of parts for some other guys gun in it.  I don't go there any more.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had a dealer "lose" my integral 10/22 in his safe for a week when my stamp came in and he was a dick about it.  It came with a hard case and when I got home I pealed back the foam in the case and there were bunch of parts for some other guys gun in it.  I don't go there any more.
View Quote

'Lose' as in you show up and he says he can't find it and you leave empty handed and have to wait a week? Fuck that. I'm a pretty reasonable guy but I wouldn't have left until he 'found' it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Walked in, filled out 4473, clerk ran background check  and walked out in 20 minutes total.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Walked in, filled out 4473, clerk ran background check  and walked out in 20 minutes total.
View Quote
Why are they running a background check?  The atf/fbi already processed the background check for the NFA item.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why are they running a background check?  The atf/fbi already processed the background check for the NFA item.
View Quote
Last item I got was a integral 22/45.  Pistol plus stamp.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

'Lose' as in you show up and he says he can't find it and you leave empty handed and have to wait a week? Fuck that. I'm a pretty reasonable guy but I wouldn't have left until he 'found' it.
View Quote

Yeah… I think that might be the one time I say go hide your dog while I call our local AFT affiliate…
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
About the time it takes to fill out another 4473
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There's a dealer that I've gone through here that is a fairly larger dealer class 3 dealer - SS shop kiosk top tier shop.  
View Quote

There are plenty of Silencer Shop Powered By dealers.......you can use any one of them in your state to receive your silencer.

I have bought 4 suppressors through them because of this - the kiosk makes buying it easier,
View Quote

No it scans your fingerprints once. After that you never need to visit that dealer or his kiosk again.

but now that e-forns is live I am looking to branch out to other shops.
View Quote

One has nothing to do with the other.

Reason being is that whenever my tax stamp has arrived, whenever I go to show up to pickup the can, it takes damn near an hour and a half for them to fuck around with everything.  Every, damn, time.  I'm to the point that my time is more important than going in to just wait.  Their employees don't seem to even want to process the pickups that I've done - they basically fuck around helping other customers, while ignoring me until they get everyone taken care of then come back to help me.  I'm over it.  How long has it usually taken you to process and pickup your can from your FFL once the tax stamp is approved?  Just trying to find out if my experience is normal or not.
View Quote

That just poor management and shitty retail operations.
I get customers in and out in under five minutes.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can’t really blame them IMO:  you are a “captive” customer (i.e. done deal) to whom they are providing a service albeit at a price.

Their other customers come first…which is understandable (INO).

IOW don’t sweat it or take your transfers elsewhere and see if they are any better and the additional travel time is worth it.
View Quote

WTF does this have to do with anything?
OP is a customer like any other.
Silencer Shop is a distributor that can take direct orders from customers, the dealer setting the pricing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any gun shop taking an hour and a half to complete a transaction aint going to be in business very long. With NFA, there is just filling out the 4473 and going home. NICS check was already completed before the tax stamp was affixed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotcha
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m I mis reading the course of events..?
Customers previously in the store before you..?

- quote- "they basically fuck around helping other customers, while ignoring me until they get everyone taken care of then come back to help me".
JFC..well aren’t you special..?

Yes. They are taking care of customers that walked in the door before you.
If you happened to show up and several people are there ahead of you then your options are:
Wait, comeback later, whine like a little bitch on Arfcom you are never using them again.
I guess next time try tears and stomping your feet !

Having managed a very busy FFL previously. Just because I acknowledge you as a previous customer does mean I drop the next customer in line or the one I’m talking with, others waiting on service or a question answered.

If they are out of employees to help you specifically because…every fucking ‘employee is busy ?
WTF did you expect ?

You sound like a wonderful customer ! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I’m I mis reading the course of events..?
Customers previously in the store before you..?

- quote- "they basically fuck around helping other customers, while ignoring me until they get everyone taken care of then come back to help me".
JFC..well aren’t you special..?

Yes. They are taking care of customers that walked in the door before you.
If you happened to show up and several people are there ahead of you then your options are:
Wait, comeback later, whine like a little bitch on Arfcom you are never using them again.
I guess next time try tears and stomping your feet !

Having managed a very busy FFL previously. Just because I acknowledge you as a previous customer does mean I drop the next customer in line or the one I’m talking with, others waiting on service or a question answered.

If they are out of employees to help you specifically because…every fucking ‘employee is busy ?
WTF did you expect ?

You sound like a wonderful customer ! /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/crycryGirl-329.gif
View Quote

I don’t know about misreading, but you added the part about the other customers being in the store before OP.  He actually didn’t state which order the customers arrived in but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out he’s probably upset because the staff isn’t doing it on a first come, first served basis.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#30]
It normally takes less than 10 mins with Quiet Riot Firearms. Most of the time is taken up by me filling out the 4473. Great folks at QRF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top