Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2018 3:11:55 AM EDT
One of the ugly camo ones.  Always wanted one and the price was right.  Missed the sale a month ago but oh well it’s like $85 (they have free shipping right now) and still cheaper than anywhere else.

Well now I have to buy crap for yet another rifle platform, ugh.  So Geissele trigger pack?  MI rails?  What else do I need?

Do I need that whole conversion kit that IWI sells to do .300 BO or will just the barrel do?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Never used the geiselle trigger, but the shooting sight one is very nice. Best accessory, to me, is the gear head works handguard that lets you mount a light inside. So much smoother, lower profile, and no bbl shadow. Much better than putting a light on an AR.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget your 9mm conversion and the Manticore "internal" (uses the empty space in the handguard) suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Geisselle trigger pack FTW
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geisselle trigger pack FTW
View Quote
You got your affirmation Tank.  Hit it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
The trigger pack is a must. You may not need to have a rail tiser depending on optic. I didn't need one with the Burris MTAC, but I did with the Vortex SE. I'm going back to the Burris, the SE is junk.

The one thing a lot of people don't do is learn to hold their head a little different, and your contact point to your face is lower. Combine that with your forearm contacting the front of the trigger guard as a third contact point and it's fast and steady, real accurate when standing or position shooting. Once I did that my accuracy improved. Also, shooting from a bench, don't put a bag uner the forearm, or anything on the forearm. Put your bag under the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
The trigger pack is a must. You may not need to have a rail tiser depending on optic. I didn't need one with the Burris MTAC, but I did with the Vortex SE. I'm going back to the Burris, the SE is junk.

The one thing a lot of people don't do is learn to hold their head a little different, and your contact point to your face is lower. Combine that with your forearm contacting the front of the trigger guard as a third contact point and it's fast and steady, real accurate when standing or position shooting. Once I did that my accuracy improved. Also, shooting from a bench, don't put a bag uner the forearm, or anything on the forearm. Put your bag under the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The X95 has a different trigger pack than the original SAR.   IWI was going to start using the newer trigger pack from the X95 in the SAR.  The X95 trigger pack supposedly has a lot better trigger than the original SAR.   I suspect your camo SAR is old stock with the original trigger pack.   I bought a Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack for my SAR and this is a very good trigger.

I’ve read where many X95 users have added the the Geissele trigger bow with the X95 trigger pack with good results.   Let us know how you like your new SAR and let us know how you like the original trigger pact.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The X95 has a different trigger pack than the original SAR.   IWI was going to start using the newer trigger pack from the X95 in the SAR.  The X95 trigger pack supposedly has a lot better trigger than the original SAR.   I suspect your camo SAR is old stock with the original trigger pack.   I bought a Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack for my SAR and this is a very good trigger.

I've read where many X95 users have added the the Geissele trigger bow with the X95 trigger pack with good results.   Let us know how you like your new SAR and let us know how you like the original trigger pact.
View Quote
The packs are different, and the X95 pack is better; I bought one for my SAR.

OP, the Manticore buttpad is a must to reduce the LOP.  I got a good deal on the MI rail on mine, but the Manticore unit is vastly superior.

All lower 1/3 optics will cowitness just fine with the irons, and sit more naturally for an AR user. The Meprolight RDS is fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a Timney Gen 2 trigger for my SAR and it is very nice, and cheaper than the Geissele  by over $100.   The trigger pack on my X95 is really good to, and you can buy one of those direct from IWI for under $200 and save yourself a lot of money over other options that are 50-75% more.

I also got the MI extended rail and it is much nicer than the stock plastic one it comes with.

I get a good cheekweld with my ACOG, but if yours feels too low, you can replace the top rail with an aftermarket with a riser built into it for a better cheekweld.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Another part I added that is badass is the SAR Bipod.  It bolts right onto the handguard and folds up and is spring loaded.  Deploys in a flash with the press of a button.   One of the easiest and best upgrades I made.   Should have come with it from the factory.

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#12]
lots of good things to look at.  Thanks guys.  Will be here thurs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Another part I added that is badass is the SAR Bipod.  It bolts right onto the handguard and folds up and is spring loaded.  Deploys in a flash with the press of a button.   One of the easiest and best upgrades I made.   Should have come with it from the factory.

http://www.zahal.org/files/images/Tavor-Manticore-Arms/tar/tar3.jpg
View Quote
Does this fold up out of the way when not in use?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Personally I'd skip the trigger packs and just get a Lightning bow.  Larue mounts are a no go and running suppressed sucks.  It's a nice rifle out of the box, the lightning bow fixes the trigger slop.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Yeah it does , Works really well  I think
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, the bipod folds completely out of the way when not in use.  It has a button for spring loaded deployment to make it very fast.

Picture of it folded up

Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Picked up a 9mm conversion kit from cheaper than dirt.  $685 with free shipping.  Was the cheapest I could find online

Do you need the full conversion kit for .300 BO?  shouldn’t you just need the barrel since the bolt should be the same?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't speak for Tavor, but every .300 BO barrel I have seen uses the same bolt as the 5.56 barrel for conversions.  That is the case for my Ruger 556 Takedown conversion, as well as my LMTs.

Quoted:
Picked up a 9mm conversion kit from cheaper than dirt.  $685 with free shipping.  Was the cheapest I could find online

Do you need the full conversion kit for .300 BO?  shouldn’t you just need the barrel since the bolt should be the same?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't speak for Tavor, but every .300 BO barrel I have seen uses the same bolt as the 5.56 barrel for conversions.  That is the case for my Ruger 556 Takedown conversion, as well as my LMTs.
View Quote
what I was thinking.  Don’t see why you’d need more than a barrel.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#20]
You probably have to buy the whole kit. They are the only supplier of barrels for the rifle. Be nice if they sold just the barrel for you but IWI is paranoid about headspace. Every barrel they sell for The tavors comes with a bolt that’s been headspaced with it. That’s also why they don’t just sell lefty bolts and you have to send it in to them for them to headspace the new bolt.

The recoil spring might be a different weight in the bcg too but that’s just pure speculation on my part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top