Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2018 10:20:22 PM EDT
Picking up a Lithgow No.1 Mk3 and a No.4 mk1 not sure on Manufacturer

Both look fairly nice and I’m happy that neither have the mag cut off

I know useless without pictures but being on the phone and being not so tech savvy I’m not able to post them lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up some chargers from Numrich:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1136330

They were super tight. First tried loosening them with a deep socket (don't remember what size) and pushing it in with a C-clamp. That helped a bit, but ended up having to sand the parkerizing off the inside a bit. They work, but there was work put into making them work.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Check with LibertyTree.com for slings.

I've bought a few things from them.  They've been gtg for me in the past.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Slings:
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-wwii-dated-british-enfield-web-khaki-sling-with-brass-fittings

Buy legit, don't waste time with repros.

And I'd be incredibly happy if I found a "No. 4 Mk. I" with a magazine cutoff (or even the slot), because that would make it an extremely rare and valuable No. 1 Mk. VI.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And I'd be incredibly happy if I found a "No. 4 Mk. I" with a magazine cutoff (or even the slot), because that would make it an extremely rare and valuable No. 1 Mk. VI.
View Quote
There was one for sale on Empire Arms a couple months back... In immaculate share too.

Personally, for Lee Enfield's I like leather slings, even on my No4's which is unusual if not authentically wrong. If you look around you can find quality reproductions but they aren't cheap. If accuracy and cost is what drives you just get a cheap $10 canvas sling. I recommend www.libertytreecollectors.com. They've always done right be me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Find someone that has HXP and they may have chargers for sale, or even to give away.

I think I kept some, they're probably buried in my shop.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
So is it normal for the chargers to be a “bit loose” in the guide on the No4?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There was one for sale on Empire Arms a couple months back... In immaculate share too.

Personally, for Lee Enfield's I like leather slings, even on my No4's which is unusual if not authentically wrong. If you look around you can find quality reproductions but they aren't cheap. If accuracy and cost is what drives you just get a cheap $10 canvas sling. I recommend www.libertytreecollectors.com. They've always done right be me.
View Quote
Second that suggestion for Liberty Tree, good folk

I can help if you get stuck finding a leather sling
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Slings:
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-wwii-dated-british-enfield-web-khaki-sling-with-brass-fittings

View Quote
IMA are a huge rip off, lots of repro & spurious origin Indian made junk, passed off as original.
They may have some good kit, but I'd personally avoid them.

Know a bloke here with a No.4 with cut-off.
He knows what it is, he should do, it cost him enough!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#9]
So I picked up some ammo loaded the chargers I was given in the DUDUD way (down up down up down)
And every other round I’m getting rim jams... I’m ensuring the rounds stay in the correct pattern and load them in and watch them go and it’s still rim jam city...

Only way I can get a flawless loading is if I make sure every rim is in front of the other similar to a Mosin stripper clip

Not a big deal because I’ll mainly be hunting with the rifle and unless I burn through 10 rounds and have a bear charging me... I won’t be in need of a hasty reload
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Slings:

View Quote
Yep.  I picked up a sling and other parts from Aim.   No mention of the sling being a reproduction.  It was obviously so when it arrived.  The old ones were a better weave.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I picked up some ammo loaded the chargers I was given in the DUDUD way (down up down up down)
And every other round I’m getting rim jams... I’m ensuring the rounds stay in the correct pattern and load them in and watch them go and it’s still rim jam city...

Only way I can get a flawless loading is if I make sure every rim is in front of the other similar to a Mosin stripper clip
View Quote
The cases often had a chamfer on the rim to help overcome rimlock. Some modern cases are not chamfered and can cause malfunctions if the rim isn’t stacked in front of the rim below it.

Magazines also go some way towards preventing rimlock. I’m not as familiar with the mechanics of how this works, but there are videos that explain it which I could find if needed.

Yes, many find that a preferable way to load them. They can lose alignment if the clip is loose.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#12]
So to update the “feed issue” I was having was what I described was when I would get rim jams and the top round was plowing the round under it into the front of the mag

After I stopped doing the DUDUD method it works fine
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IMA are a huge rip off, lots of repro & spurious origin Indian made junk, passed off as original.
They may have some good kit, but I'd personally avoid them.

Know a bloke here with a No.4 with cut-off.
He knows what it is, he should do, it cost him enough!
View Quote
Could be, but I've personally ordered Enfield slings from them, and they are as advertised - legit WW2-dated slings. Most are of Canadian manufacture, but I did get a 42 MECo (Mills) and a 44 Bagcraft. Some have FKF Danish markings.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Pm me your address if ya still need some I stacked the hxp on clips deeeeeeeeep since I have 7 enfields to feed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top