Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2021 9:17:21 PM EDT
First up: These would be exclusive to a Ruger Mk4 and a 10-22 TD with SBX barrel.

Secondly, I am bored and was rewatching some videos.

I was watching Forgotten Weapons video on the OSS M3 Grease Gun with Hi Standard made suppressor.  The innards were mostly screen, similar to what one would find on screen doors (in hurricanes).  The portion that went over the perforated barrel was nothing more than a 4" wide role of screen.  The last portion of the suppressor had a stack of discs made of the same screen with a slightly larger than bullet diameter perforation down the middle.  

I started the video at the suppressor disassembly

[youtube]-hNLrDbw8nc?t=175[/youtube]

Now its obvious that neither the barrel on the Mk4 nor the 10-22TD is perforated so that would eliminate the need for roll of mesh screen.  I thinking of a simple bar of 1" diameter bar of 7075 aluminum, cut to 4" in length, threaded on one end for the barrel, threaded on the other end for a simple cap.  Then head to the hardware store and buy a roll of aluminum screen, and cut a mess of discs to fit inside the tube.  I could run a .25 punch into a stack of discs, or I could simply cut a cross into the middle.  Hell I could do both.

I'd sure appreciate your thoughts

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you revisit your youtube link?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop

Join this forum and read this thread and this thread.

Your welcome ;)
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you revisit your youtube link?
View Quote

I have several times.  It shows up correctly in the preview, but shits the bed when I post.

We'll try this, just skip to like 3:30

Suppressed OSS M3 Grease Gun and Bushmaster Booby Trap Trigger
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Stop

Join this forum and read this thread and this thread.

Your welcome ;)
View Quote

Stop

I've joined enough forums.   Being that this is a technical forum, I came here for info.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stop
I've joined enough forums.   Being that this is a technical forum, I came here for info.  
View Quote

I'm not going to copy and post 20 or so pages, from another forum.
If you're not willing to sign-up and do like an hour of reading....
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
That just sounds like a bad design, if your are going for cheap or just want to copy that design then go ahead. It will not compare to a modern baffled suppressor. If you just want to DIY a good sounding .22 suppressor look into quietbore. They have all the info you need on their site. Even if you do not buy from them the info on the site is worth looking at.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not going to copy and post 20 or so pages, from another forum.
If you're not willing to sign-up and do like an hour of reading....
View Quote

I'm not asking you to copy and paste anything.  I came to this technical forum, because I am already here, and again, its.... ah... Technical Forum.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That just sounds like a bad design, if your are going for cheap or just want to copy that design then go ahead. It will not compare to a modern baffled suppressor. If you just want to DIY a good sounding .22 suppressor look into quietbore. They have all the info you need on their site. Even if you do not buy from them the info on the site is worth looking at.
View Quote

Not looking for anything cheap.  I just found the design interesting, and I realize that the items needed are, for me at least, are easy to source.  I also noted that anecdotal information seems to indicate the design worked well for .45acp, though it was a very large, even by 1940's standards.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top