Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 9:39:13 AM EDT
This forum doesn't get the traffic it used to, so here is a decent video on the largest Snapsafe Titan XXL.

Uncrating and Assembly: SnapSafe Titan XXL Double Door Modular Safe
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool.  I am looking for a small one for a closet, this may be it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have looked at these for a long time.  I would like to get my second safe into a closet with a small door.  I noticed they sell these at lowes and homedepot, I wonder if you can get the 10% off through them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
$3,700 for weak 9 gauge steel seems like a rip off, and you have to assemble it yourself.

I personally feel like a lot of these gun cabinet and gun safe companies rip off gun owners.
A lot gun cabinets (not safes, but cabinets) run between 2-3k, the same size "office cabinet" with the same steel thickness and lock mechanisms run around $500 on Amazon. The only difference is shelving instead of slots for guns.

I had Gallow Tech give me an estimate for a cabinet, they quoted $3,800 for a 14 gauge steel cabinet, a cabinet that's not even a gun safe. I found a similar sized cabinet with the same mechanism on Amazon for $500
Anyway, just an observation.

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$3,700 for weak 9 gauge steel seems like a rip off, and you have to assemble it yourself.

I personally feel like a lot of these gun cabinet and gun safe companies rip off gun owners.
A lot gun cabinets (not safes, but cabinets) run between 2-3k, the same size "office cabinet" with the same steel thickness and lock mechanisms run around $500 on Amazon. The only difference is shelving instead of slots for guns.

I had Gallow Tech give me an estimate for a cabinet, they quoted $3,800 for a 14 gauge steel cabinet, a cabinet that's not even a gun safe. I found a similar sized cabinet with the same mechanism on Amazon for $500
Anyway, just an observation.

View Quote

Could you link to that cabinet off Amazon? I'm curious what one of those looks like. Could be handy to store mags, ammo, gear in.

Do agree that there is some markup with cabinets & "safes" when you add the word gun or tactical to it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Could you link to that cabinet off Amazon? I'm curious what one of those looks like. Could be handy to store mags, ammo, gear in.

Do agree that there is some markup with cabinets & "safes" when you add the word gun or tactical to it.
View Quote
This Gladiator cabinet has a similar dimension and steel thickness as the $3,700 Gallow Tech cabinet I was quoted.
It may not have all the rifle slots inside, but at $500, you could probably piece together your own system. Spending $3,700 to just have a weak steel cabinet is just crazy. This would be the same amount of "security" at a fraction of the price.

https://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/products/ready-to-assemble-extra-large-gearbox?variant=39514508722264cy=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpTX1aKi-AIV1x-tBh2giw9xEAQYESABEgIanfD_BwE

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This Gladiator cabinet has a similar dimension and steel thickness as the $3,700 Gallow Tech cabinet I was quoted.
It may not have all the rifle slots inside, but at $500, you could probably piece together your own system. Spending $3,700 to just have a weak steel cabinet is just crazy. This would be the same amount of "security" at a fraction of the price.

https://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/products/ready-to-assemble-extra-large-gearbox?variant=39514508722264cy=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpTX1aKi-AIV1x-tBh2giw9xEAQYESABEgIanfD_BwE

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not saying that thin gauge RSCs are super secure, but that cabinet offers nowhere close to the same level of security as a RSC constructed of similar materials.  The doors on that thing could probably be pried open with a moderately size flathead screwdriver.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not saying that thin gauge RSCs are super secure, but that cabinet offers nowhere close to the same level of security as a RSC constructed of similar materials.  The doors on that thing could probably be pried open with a moderately size flathead screwdriver.
View Quote
I disagree. All of these 14 gauge cabinets can be pried open with basic tools. Assuming you already know how thin 14 gauge steel is..
My point was that paying almost 4k for a 14 gauge steel cabinet from Gallow tech is a little nuts.
They won't stop anyone with an eagerness to pry.
It's just good for keeping kids out at best.

Here's a similar example for $260
It has the same 3 point type locking mechanism as the Gallow Tech cabinet:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HBQ1LGH/ref=cm_sw_r_api_i_57JJPM386XDT1GP9RXW6_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&dplnkId=6ebd6257-9362-4c92-ac2a-3889d4da074f&nodl=1

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 2:48:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gladiator is generally 22 gauge. They wobble like crazy and can easily be opened with a screw driver at the seams. I have Durham 12 gauge cabinet, it weighs a ton, is a nightmare to move around, and it is durable as hell. I paid about $900 for it 6 years ago. $3,000 plus is insane for 14 gauge, but then again it is custom. I actually like the snapsafe and will probably grab the xxl double door, but that is because I need to get it up narrow stairs and into a closet. I had a nice tl-15, but we moved into a 2 story with a basement so that beast had to go.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#9]
The XXL is probably going to be in my future. Thanks for starting this thread.

ETA.  I thought it was bigger. I’ve been studying this one for a while and in all their info, it looked wider and taller. With him standing beside it, it looks small.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I don’t think that the snap safe is a true 9 gauge steel body.

Last time I checked, it was 2 layers of thinner steel. I don’t think that is a strong.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t think that the snap safe is a true 9 gauge steel body.

Last time I checked, it was 2 layers of thinner steel. I don’t think that is a strong.
View Quote

You are correct. "2 ply 9 gauge steel" implies 2x layers of 14 gauge, which is why the previous poster mentioned 14 gauge.

ETA- Zanotti armor advertises 1/8", so between 10 and 11 gauge, but a solid sheet I believe. So the question becomes, thinner solid sheet or thicker double layer?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are correct. "2 ply 9 gauge steel" implies 2x layers of 14 gauge, which is why the previous poster mentioned 14 gauge.

ETA- Zanotti armor advertises 1/8", so between 10 and 11 gauge, but a solid sheet I believe. So the question becomes, thinner solid sheet or thicker double layer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think that the snap safe is a true 9 gauge steel body.

Last time I checked, it was 2 layers of thinner steel. I don't think that is a strong.

I would rather have the thicker double layer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the video.  I will probably be getting the Titan XL.  I really like double door setup and the fact that I can easily move it and put it anywhere in the house.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think that the snap safe is a true 9 gauge steel body.

Last time I checked, it was 2 layers of thinner steel. I don't think that is a strong.

I would think the same but only if that double layer is complete throughout.  Ill probably try to reach out and find out, because if the seams and edges aren't the same double layer, they could be significantly weak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top