Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 4:55:05 PM EDT
Hey Guys its been a month or so since I asked the question. Here is what I have done. I have used Small Magnum pistol primers for my 300 blackout.  I am using Winchester primers. I have had no problems with the subsonic at all.
I have loaded about 30 supersonic and they have all functioned without any problems with piercing the primer cups. I have had none go off going into battery.  Here is a picture of the cases after I got back home.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what the question is.
Free bump
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked if anyone had tried using Small Magnum Pistol primers in 300 blackout.  Got alot of warnings...

Ty
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I would prefer them if you are using something like Lil'gun, or H110. Anywho, I used them and prefer them. There may be subtle differences in volume/noise when loading for whisper quiet loads but I don't really believe anyone could honestly tell the difference. As for slam firing, not gonna happen if you seat the primers correctly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I use magnum rifle primers with W296/H110 in supers. Greatly reduces unburned powder in FCG pocket. I don't have  those problems with IMR4227 subs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure about Winchester but CCI SPM are the same as the regular small rifle. Winchester might have a spec sheet you could check.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure about Winchester but CCI SPM are the same as the regular small rifle. Winchester might have a spec sheet you could check.
View Quote

No they aren't.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6811870#post6811870

See posts number 7 and 14.  

And see the updated ar15 post here;

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Interesting-Conversation-With-CCI-Tech-About-SPM-vs-SR-Primers-Today/42-282516/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top