Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2018 12:12:09 AM EDT
I am NOT, a Teir 1 seal operator, Tactical LEO.

I am just a regular guy, who works in High-end retail.
I wear business causal or a half suit 6 days a week.

I usually carry a pistol in my back pocket. Or inside the waist band on my lower / small of my back.
I have recently, add some new suit. Where I have been CCW. Up in the front of my chest.
So this leaves the small / lower back open.

As chance would have it, my best friend is a BenchMade dealer.
And let's me buy knifes at cost.
I was in there the other day.
And impulse ordered the new 133 Fix Blade Infidel.

So I thought to myself why, not.
I am going to carry this some at work sometimes in the small / lower back.

The problem is I need a sheath!
I do not like the angle of the factory one.  (But it is nice )
I think something at about a 45_ish degree angel is what I want / preffer.

Where would everyone recommend I look for a sheath, that will fit my needs??

Is anyone else caring this knife that way?

Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Just put an ulticlip on the stock sheath at whatever angle you want.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...a 45-degree angle?  Not sure, but it's very possible with a Tec-Lok clip.  I've been carrying the TOPS CUT 4.0 SOB for the past 7-8 months.  My environment is different (Afghanistan), but I do dress "business casual" most of the week (of course with Body Armor and at times a battle belt which interfere with carry the knife in that location).  While the positioning is more "scout" style, the poly-fiber loops on TOPS' sheath are simply awesome, very secure, easy to don/doff, and actually keep the bulk to a minimum.

I like that sheath so much, I'm going to have Red Hill Sheaths make up a couple more for some other knives when I get back home.  If you're set on that angle (45), I would pick up a Tec-Lok and if your sheath isn't compatible, you can go the cheap route and drill a the holes, or get a custom sheath made, pancake-style is the simplest and cheapest.  One issue with the Tec-Lok, is that if it's not a tight fit on your belt, it will slide.  I like the dual poly-loops as I can strap them on both sides of my back-side belt loop, leaving the sheath extremely secure.

I've also seen knives angled 'down' at a 45 degree angle for faster access.  If it rides high enough on your belt, it would stay pretty concealed under a jacket.  The key is a very secure-fitting Kydex sheath.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It does not half to be right at 45 degrees.
But some type of angle
It seems like it would be easier to carry
At 90degrees it is is 9 1/2 inches long. That is over 3/4 the length of my back.

Thank you for the ulticlip recommendation.
I think that is exactly what I looking for!

@ROCK6
How do you carry yours?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the ulticlip recommendation.
I think that is exactly what I looking for!

@ROCK6
How do you carry yours?
View Quote
Well, I mostly carry that TOPS horizontal across the small of my back.  Length of the blade is a concern, so that's a big consideration.  Once a blade OAL gets beyond 8", it starts to stick out far enough to snag doorways or maneuvering tight spaces.

A guy that goes by the name "Charlie Mike" over on Bladeforums carries his larger fixed blade knives in this orientation:

" />

Now, the MOLLE clips could be position closer to the handle, thus pushing the handle closer to the belt, but still accessible.  I wouldn't want a large fixed blade like that, but a smaller fixed blade would pretty much disappear and be very fast to access...of course it would be drawn out in an a reverse grip...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE

So the knife came in.
After some messing with I realised the fine people at BenchMade it so it is adjustable.
And I was able to use the factory hard wear to adjust it and get it right where I wanted it.

It is different than a gun. It does not go as far down the back.
It is much lighter
And of course long going father across the back. The blade is in a different spot so it also puts the weight in a different spot.

It will take some getting use to, to carring something different back there.

I am sorry I did not take any photos of it, when I had it apart.

Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks like a very nice setup.

Looks like the sheath is good, and would work well for a lefty too.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top