Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2019 8:23:59 PM EDT
I'm looking for a small long gun safe for the bedroom for a rifle and shotgun.  Either something that would mount in the wall like the Stack On or something that I could bolt to the floor or wall in the closet.  I would like a combination or quick opening system.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m using this Hornady Rapid Safe I’ve got a 16” AR 15 in it. It technically has room for two long guns bit it’s a bit tight. You’ll have to be careful with shotgun options though. I’ve got a VersaMax Tactical and it’s too long to fit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Secure it has a couple options you might be interested in.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
SecureIt Fast Box.

Mounts to your bedframe, which I understand is not as secure as bolting to the floor, but most quick access gunsafes aren’t that tough anyway. Plus, if you use a bedskirt, it is out of sight and less likely to be noticed by a burglar.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
All the under bed ones that I have seen are very similar in that they are usually 14-16GA steel are using inexpensive Chinese made electronic locks. I would at least get the one with a UL listed lock.

http://www.amsecusa.com/product/dv652/

Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the under bed ones that I have seen are very similar in that they are usually 14-16GA steel are using inexpensive Chinese made electronic locks. I would at least get the one with a UL listed lock.

http://www.amsecusa.com/product/dv652/

http://thesafewarehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dv652.jpg
View Quote
I have 3 of these.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
This is very relevant to my interest.

Any option with a Simplex lock that is worthwhile? I am always put off by electronics or keys.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I bolted a V-Line rifle safe to my closet wall and keep an AR in there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you have a light on the AR? I have been eyeing these, but the 3" internal depth has me concerned that a properly set up AR will not fit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do you have a light on the AR? I have been eyeing these, but the 3" internal depth has me concerned that a properly set up AR will not fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mounted a TLR-1 at a 45 degree angle to a Magpul handguard. This setup works well for me but may not be the most tacticool.

It’s also a bit wide so think you could mount something more low profile. But you are correct - it’s tight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I mounted a TLR-1 at a 45 degree angle to a Magpul handguard. This setup works well for me but may not be the most tacticool.
View Quote
Thank you for the picture. Very helpful.

Gene
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 3:22:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Knoxx makes a SG safe PB6. https://www.ftknox.com/?attachment_id=13813

I have a couple of their pistol safes that are similarly built and they are very secure storage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top