Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2020 8:46:21 AM EDT
Thinking about picking one up. Any owners here who'd be willing to share their feedback?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Ridiculously light.  I have no regrets.

Might feel differently if I burn through large quantities of ammo, though.  But I don't.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Very quiet.

Very light. Don’t even know it’s on the end of the barrel.  

Got to scrape it to clean it.  No dips or tumbling due to all aluminum construction.

Limited to 22LR due to all aluminum construction.  

If you have a dedicated 22LR host, buy it without fear.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I love mine. Would get a 2nd
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
It's my loudest 22 can but it's super light. I like it on handguns due to the weight not messing with the balance much.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll tell you in about 6 months, give or take. And a Switchback too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's my loudest 22 can but it's super light. I like it on handguns due to the weight not messing with the balance much.
View Quote

What do you have that you consider noticeably quieter?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Take apart or the original?

I'd avoid any sealed 22 can.  I have both.  The original Warlock was re-cored by a local SOT after Sico messed up the tube trying to take it apart.  I do not blame them.  I'd shot the piss out of the thing.  They did give me an Osprey 45 for the trouble though, so I came out ahead big time.

The take apart version is a great can.  As others have said it's light.  Great for Pistols.

Warlock II on bottom  Spectre II on top.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Take apart or the original?
View Quote

So the only difference between the I vs II is user-serviceability (removable end caps)?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So the only difference between the I vs II is user-serviceability (removable end caps)?
View Quote

I’ve never seen an original Warlock, but the early Spectre’s had Omega baffles which have the integral spacer smaller diameter (away from the tube wall), and ported it to create an annular dead space.  

Sort of a combo between cones and K baffle. The skirt/spacer on an Omega baffle is a straight cylinder instead of a flared cone. As with a K baffle it can be stuck to the tube with carbon buildup.

The II-model baffles seal the tube interior from most buildup and make maintenance easier.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still waiting on mine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting on mine.
View Quote

Just left the dealer, now we're both waiting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up a TX22, the shop has Warlock II for $200, Osprey Micro for $300, in-stock ready for Form 4.

I haven't heard either, which one should I pick?
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just picked up a TX22, the shop has Warlock II for $200, Osprey Micro for $300, in-stock ready for Form 4.

View Quote
Osprey probably doesn't sound as good but has a cool form factor.

I would get the Warlock II.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Warlock II. Ridiculously quiet on my P-22 and Savage Mark II FV-SR.
Buy without regrets
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

C none of the above, if it’s your first rimfire can.

The Warlock out of those two choices.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my Warlock II during some crazy sale a few months ago for $158.99.  
It's funny when the stinkin' tax stamp is more than the can.  
I should've bought 2 at that price.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

C none of the above, if it’s your first rimfire can.

The Warlock out of those two choices.
View Quote

Not my first, but all 3 of mine are stainless steel, never had an aluminum rim fire can.  

I care about more about sound reduction between the two.  

It will be sitting on my pistols.  SS cans will take care of rifles which will be fired a lot by sons.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not my first, but all 3 of mine are stainless steel, never had an aluminum rim fire can.  

I care about more about sound reduction between the two.  

It will be sitting on my pistols.  SS cans will take care of rifles which will be fired a lot by sons.
View Quote

When I got my first .22 suppressors I picked up a warlock and a stainless. I got the stainless because they said I could use it to fire full auto, 5.7, 22 mag, etc. The weight difference was significant and the sound reduction was the same for a standard .22LR. I now have 5 aluminum ones (original warlock, 2 warlock 2s, Pilot and Pilot 2) with just the one original stainless steel. Unless you plan on shooting full auto, tens of thousands of rounds and you like to use the dip to get rid of the lead or need stainless for a larger caliber the aluminum ones can't handle then I would always go with the much lighter ones.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I decided to go with Warlock II, mailed F4 today.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:01:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I decided to go with Warlock II, mailed F4 today.
View Quote
Good choice.  You'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

A Specter 2, Element 2, and Checkmate.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Kids and I enjoy shooting our Warlock II.  We primarily use it on a Ruger 22/45 Lite and a 10/22 rifle.  Like it so much in fact that I went back to local shop to get another.  As I was chatting with the sales guy and he heard I wanted to mount it on a 10/22 charger with a Franklin Armory binary trigger, he steered me away saying the Warlock isn't the best choice for this due to it's light weight construction.  They recommended an OSS RAD 22 as it's full auto rated.

Probably good advice so I went with their recommendation.  

Warlock does take awhile to clean, but I really like it and will likely own a few more down the road.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#24]
^^ I'm also looking forward to my Switchback, which is FA rated.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pretty much everything else is quieter than a Warlock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Specter 2, Element 2, and Checkmate.

Pretty much everything else is quieter than a Warlock.
Unless you're a secret squirrel assassin, it doesn't matter.  They're plenty quiet.

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Unless you're a secret squirrel assassin, it doesn't matter.  They're plenty quiet.

View Quote

This ^^^^^^

I have tried multiple suppressors that are heavier, longer and some wider on different pistols (buckmark, Mark IV and the Taurus TX22). I am sure with a sound measuring device you could tell the difference but with my eyes closed and not seeing what suppressor was being used I would be hard pressed to tell if any of them were quieter than the warlock. All of them are very quiet and while some may have better specs for reduction on paper in the real world unless you have a fine tuned ear the differences are so minor that for me the bulk and weight are hard to justify on a non full auto .22LR. I now go with the shortest and lightest suppressor on my primary plinker. Which is the AAC aviator on my Mark IV because it is small, light and mates with the Mark IV to make it look like it is almost integral. The other pistols get the warlocks and if the warlock didn't have the tiny gap between the end of the barrel and the beginning of the suppressor I wouldn't have any other problem using it on the Mark IV.

I may switch my primary plinker to the TX22 for the added mag capacity and since the aviator doesn't look as nice on the TX22 as it does on the Mark IV I would probably run the Warlock on. I am still testing the TX22 and don't have the thousands of rounds through it yet like the Mark IV to verify its reliability. If it does prove reliable then the TX22 with the Warlock will be my go to setup.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 5:23:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a warlock II that is absolutely horribly inaccurate with CCI minimags out of a Ruger mk4 22/45 lite.  

It's OK with lower powered ammo.  

Wish it worked with ubiquitous ammo though.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The other pistols get the warlocks and if the warlock didn't have the tiny gap between the end of the barrel and the beginning of the suppressor I wouldn't have any other problem using it on the Mark IV.
View Quote

This interests me as I was planning on running mine on a MKIV. Would you mind providing a picture that illustrates why you're not able to run the warlock on the MKIV?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#29]
It will fit on the ruger it is just that the aviator 2 and older aac pilot 2 fit flush against the barrel and look seemless .

Most other cans are textured for grip or have a small space between the barrel when connected.

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This interests me as I was planning on running mine on a MKIV. Would you mind providing a picture that illustrates why you're not able to run the warlock on the MKIV?
View Quote

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The Warlock runs perfectly with the Mark IV. I just like the seamless ascetics that the aviator provides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top