Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 2:50:42 AM EDT
I noticed the SIG OEM threaded barrels for P320 have a slightly different profile than regular threaded barrels. Sig barrels have a distal region after the threads. Can I still use a regular piston on them or should I go with one that indexes off the muzzle. For reference, Ill be using the Sig Mod X 9 suppressor
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve had better luck with pistons that index off the muzzle than the shoulder on my P320. The standard 1/2-28 piston that came with my Obsidian 9 “works” with my P320, but it walks off very easily. There’s just not enough of a shoulder on Sig’s threaded barrels to make good contact with the piston.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The Sig pistons should be good to go with your factory 320 barrel, and I believe they do index on the muzzle face due to the unconventional threaded muzzle profile they chose for their 320 barrel. If you ever go to run another can on that factory Sig barrel, you need to make sure the piston has a bulkhead in the distal end of the socket for muzzle indexing, and that the counterbore in the very rear of the piston before the threads start is large enough to accommodate the barrel diameter behind the threads. Prior to the Mojave 9 pistons going into full production, I had to open up the counterbore a few thousandths of an inch to take the factory 320 barrel and prevent the barrel diameter behind the threads from touching the piston and providing a false sense of seating on the muzzle face.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Atlmike:
The Sig pistons should be good to go with your factory 320 barrel, and I believe they do index on the muzzle face due to the unconventional threaded muzzle profile they chose for their 320 barrel. If you ever go to run another can on that factory Sig barrel, you need to make sure the piston has a bulkhead in the distal end of the socket for muzzle indexing, and that the counterbore in the very rear of the piston before the threads start is large enough to accommodate the barrel diameter behind the threads. Prior to the Mojave 9 pistons going into full production, I had to open up the counterbore a few thousandths of an inch to take the factory 320 barrel and prevent the barrel diameter behind the threads from touching the piston and providing a false sense of seating on the muzzle face.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
View Quote

So the Sig pistons should work fine on Sig barrels and other barrels with similar profiles like glock threaded barrels, or really any other hosts since the sig piston indexes off the muzzle?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top