Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 37 of 46)

Previous Page
/ 46
Next Page
9/28/2021 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got my AAC SDN-6 back from ECCO so I can now use the DA keymo mounts. Seems right at home on the MCX...

9/28/2021 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bwhited:
Just got my AAC SDN-6 back from ECCO so I can now use the DA keymo mounts. Seems right at home on the MCX...

https://i.postimg.cc/y8fyqw2Q/20210928-153355.jpg
View Quote
When did you get on the list? I got on it in May.
9/29/2021 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
When did you get on the list? I got on it in May.
View Quote


Very end of December 2020.
10/6/2021 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Did some parts swapping on my TacOps.
  • Black 12" HG for an FDE 12" HG
  • Romeo4T & Juliet3-Micro on a Wilcox Riser to an Aimpoint T2 on a Unity FAST mount.
  • Added a SF M300V with RS SD-Rail Scout mount with a Unity MLOK Hot Button.
Deciding whether to strip my current upper receiver down and have it cerakoted, or locate a factory FDE upper.


10/16/2021 3:06:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567][Edited] [#5]
Finally SBR'd my .300 blk Rattler.  Not sure if I like this stock, as it's a little short.  But it seems most of these you need to buy & try for yourself.






10/17/2021 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
" />
10/23/2021 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
10/24/2021 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#8]
11/1/2021 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Changed it up…





Moved the the Steiner forward and the Surefire to the offhand side. Adjusted the corresponding tape switches, the hand stop, and the forward sling point to suit the change. Feels better overall. Haven’t been to the range to see if it’ll stay this way but my impression so far from LARPing around the house is satisfactory.
Give Respect & Take Responsibility
11/5/2021 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Chikenmastr:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475009/52771653-C6F0-4BF9-B6C7-BAC4AB9E0584_jpe-1992577.JPG


Finally got into the MCX/MPX game
View Quote


@Chikenmastr

What's the length on the rail, and do you know the ID?

Also, the OD of the can, and do you have any issues with clearance with anything attached to the rail due to the T-nuts? I want a similar setup on my MPX-K, but haven't pulled the trigger on buying the OEM 8" rail due to being unsure of clearance issues with a Wolfman and the T-nuts.
11/11/2021 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Attached File


Happened across this at a local store.
11/19/2021 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
With the addition of an SRD762Ti to my Virtus, I finally have both of these configured exactly how I want them.



This suppressor has some impressive G I R T H

11/24/2021 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Ackrite:


@Chikenmastr

What's the length on the rail, and do you know the ID?

Also, the OD of the can, and do you have any issues with clearance with anything attached to the rail due to the T-nuts? I want a similar setup on my MPX-K, but haven't pulled the trigger on buying the OEM 8" rail due to being unsure of clearance issues with a Wolfman and the T-nuts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Ackrite:
Originally Posted By Chikenmastr:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475009/52771653-C6F0-4BF9-B6C7-BAC4AB9E0584_jpe-1992577.JPG


Finally got into the MCX/MPX game


@Chikenmastr

What's the length on the rail, and do you know the ID?

Also, the OD of the can, and do you have any issues with clearance with anything attached to the rail due to the T-nuts? I want a similar setup on my MPX-K, but haven't pulled the trigger on buying the OEM 8" rail due to being unsure of clearance issues with a Wolfman and the T-nuts.



I cut my barrel down to 4” has a 3 lug flash hider

It is the Mid west industries rail

MI MPX 8.0" Handguard M-LOK(TM) Compatible

Weighs only 6.6 ounces
Length 8.0 inches/ Width 2.06 inches/ OAL height 2.6 inches/Internal Diameter 1.8 inches

The suppressor is the omega 9 K with 3 lug adapter


TOTAL LENGTH4.54″
​WEIGHT7.3 oz
​DIAMETER1.48″

I do not know much about the sig rails. But the t rails do not touch after I trimmed the screw

I guess it could touch during shooting but I have not seen a difference at the distance I shoot (50 yards or less)

11/25/2021 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Chikenmastr:



I cut my barrel down to 4” has a 3 lug flash hider

It is the Mid west industries rail

MI MPX 8.0" Handguard M-LOK(TM) Compatible

Weighs only 6.6 ounces
Length 8.0 inches/ Width 2.06 inches/ OAL height 2.6 inches/Internal Diameter 1.8 inches

The suppressor is the omega 9 K with 3 lug adapter


TOTAL LENGTH4.54″
​WEIGHT7.3 oz
​DIAMETER1.48″

I do not know much about the sig rails. But the t rails do not touch after I trimmed the screw

I guess it could touch during shooting but I have not seen a difference at the distance I shoot (50 yards or less)

View Quote


Thanks for the reply. I just ordered a Black Friday deal DA Wolfman, which is a little wider than the Omega 9k so I’ll have to see what my options are for a longer rail while still allowing attachments with clearance on the screw. I also need to decide between a 3 lug or Lantac keymo brake for attachment pretty soon since my FFL allows conjugals while waiting on the stamp.

I keep it under 50 yards also.
12/5/2021 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#15]


Give Respect & Take Responsibility
12/8/2021 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#16]
SIG Rattler Factory SBR with a forward assist added. Almost looks like the Talo distributor exclusive TacOps model except it has a shorter barrel and shorter handguard.
I wish someone made a Rattler charging handle!

12/8/2021 7:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaThree][Edited] [#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:
SIG Rattler Factory SBR with a forward assist added. Almost looks like the Talo distributor exclusive TacOps model except it has a shorter barrel and shorter handguard.
I wish someone made a Rattler charging handle!

https://i.postimg.cc/g0NgBhQm/Rattler-TAP.jpg
View Quote

Any MCX CH will work in the rattler

Attached File
12/9/2021 1:14:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142][Edited] [#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:
SIG Rattler Factory SBR with a forward assist added. Almost looks like the Talo distributor exclusive TacOps model except it has a shorter barrel and shorter handguard.
I wish someone made a Rattler charging handle!

https://i.postimg.cc/g0NgBhQm/Rattler-TAP.jpg
View Quote


Impressive looking little setup!

After being unable to find the "discontinued" Radian Raptor CH for the MCX, I went with a NLA (Next Level Armament) one.

https://nextlevelarms.com/product/mcx-ambidextrous-charge-handle/

It's big and ugly, but it works great, including when the folding stock/brace is folded.
12/9/2021 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:


Impressive looking little setup!

After being unable to find the "discontinued" Radian Raptor CH for the MCX, I went with a NLA (Next Level Armament) one.

https://nextlevelarms.com/product/mcx-ambidextrous-charge-handle/

It's big and ugly, but it works great, including when the folding stock/brace is folded.
View Quote




The radian raptor is actually not discontinued they do runs of them on their website pretty often. Thats how I got mine.
12/21/2021 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I needed a small case for the Rattler and had an old Plano four pistol case laying around that fits the setup perfectly. I wouldn't fly with this case but it makes going to the range a piece of cake.


12/21/2021 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By xxbrotherhood77:




The radian raptor is actually not discontinued they do runs of them on their website pretty often. Thats how I got mine.
View Quote

I think the original one is discontinued, but they LT version is still made.

The original was all aluminum and the LT has the plastic latches.
1/13/2022 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone had a 16" 5.56 barrel chopped to 11.5?  Any issues arise from it?
Not a Tennessee Squire
1/13/2022 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By m1afan1000:
Anyone had a 16" 5.56 barrel chopped to 11.5?  Any issues arise from it?
View Quote
On a Legacy. Zero issues. Runs like a raped ape.
1/13/2022 7:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar][Edited] [#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
On a Legacy. Zero issues. Runs like a raped ape.
View Quote

Cool.  I’m clueless on MCXs, but I now have one.  Nothing needed as far as messing with pistons, ports, etc?  Did you have to send it to anyone that specializes in Sig or could anyone with a bandsaw do it?

Eta: also, it’s a virtus if that matters.
Not a Tennessee Squire
1/13/2022 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By m1afan1000:

Cool.  I'm clueless on MCXs, but I now have one.  Nothing needed as far as messing with pistons, ports, etc?  Did you have to send it to anyone that specializes in Sig or could anyone with a bandsaw do it?

Eta: also, it's a virtus if that matters.
View Quote
Parker Mountain Machine did mine. Highly recommended by all in the MCX community. You've got an $800 barrel in your hands. Don't trust a monkey with it.
1/16/2022 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ayyyota:

Yeah AFAIK. The MCX ones are downright nuts on Gunbroker.
View Quote

Whoa, just reading through the thread and saw this. I had no idea, there's one on GB right now for $550, not sure he'll get it. My post recall legacy 300blk SBR has both the Kate Moss stock and the Geissele SCH. That's like 1000 right there.


It now has a longer MI handguard one it.


1/17/2022 12:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GGGBeo50][Edited] [#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:

Whoa, just reading through the thread and saw this. I had no idea, there's one on GB right now for $550, not sure he'll get it. My post recall legacy 300blk SBR has both the Kate Moss stock and the Geissele SCH. That's like 1000 right there.


It now has a longer MI handguard one it.

https://i.postimg.cc/RFTnfwsz/66965827-10219153308684740-5742261044416348160-n-1.jpg
View Quote


I have 2 kate moss stocks, the Collapsible PDW stock that came with my gen 1 MPX-K SBR and one of the folding visor stocks I use when wearing a gas mask or shooting indoor with a face shield. The folding visor stock is probably used the most because you can get on the optic without breaking your face seal, but the downfall is no cheek weld. Not for sale

1/19/2022 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#28]
New Virtus in the stable! Born in November 2021.


1/28/2022 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Fresh out of the box:

"Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"
3/12/2022 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50568757387_a0e1e8b8c6_h.jpgLoadout by J M, on Flickr
View Quote


@dmjerrywest44. How do you create this mw2019 load out?
3/13/2022 1:41:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:


@dmjerrywest44. How do you create this mw2019 load out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50568757387_a0e1e8b8c6_h.jpgLoadout by J M, on Flickr


@dmjerrywest44. How do you create this mw2019 load out?


I took a screenshot of the loadout screen in the game and used it as a template to photoshop
3/13/2022 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#32]
picture uploader
3/13/2022 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I have the mcx canebreak but am trying to get my hands on a Tacops model. Want to build a LVAW clone. Anyome have a lead on a Tacops?
3/15/2022 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By coachwhip99:
I have the mcx canebreak but am trying to get my hands on a Tacops model. Want to build a LVAW clone. Anyome have a lead on a Tacops?
View Quote

I should be listing a Tacops upper in the EE in the near future. Just put a SRD762TI on Gunbroker too.
3/15/2022 10:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shawnsamm2][Edited] [#35]




The two brothers are now at home
3/16/2022 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By shawnsamm2:



https://i.postimg.cc/DZPYSzGZ/brothers.jpg
The two brothers are now at home
View Quote


@shawnsamm2 details on the light on the rattler? and what is the grip stuff, Talon paper?
"every exercise is a low back exercise if you do it wrong enough"
@MacManus
3/16/2022 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Light: Streamlight 88058 ProTac Rail
Light mount: Arisaka Offset Scout Mount MCX

Grip: Talon Rubber.  Just bought a sheet and cut it to fit


3/17/2022 8:13:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16][Edited] [#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By shawnsamm2:
Light: Streamlight 88058 ProTac Rail
Light mount: Arisaka Offset Scout Mount MCX

Grip: Talon Rubber.  Just bought a sheet and cut it to fit


View Quote

@shawnsamm2 awesome thanks! Would you mind showing some pics from the light side? I'm trying to do something different with my rattler. I have a TRL HL on a pic mount but the damn thing sticks out pretty far/
also curious why the stamp on the 9mm but not the 300. Personal preference?
"every exercise is a low back exercise if you do it wrong enough"
@MacManus
3/17/2022 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Just got my hands on a MCX rattler canebrake. Wish I had got the tacops but now I can’t find one anywhere. Anyone know a lead on one? Really want to clone the LVAW and be able to change to 5.56 easier.
3/17/2022 12:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel][Edited] [#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By coachwhip99:
Just got my hands on a MCX rattler canebrake. Wish I had got the tacops but now I can’t find one anywhere. Anyone know a lead on one? Really want to clone the LVAW and be able to change to 5.56 easier.
View Quote

Dealers have been selling them almost exclusively on GB for the last 2 years. Create a saved search and be prepared to pay MSRP ($2897) at a minimum. Everyone wants a "lead" or a "deal" but the reality is you'll have to pay to play. At least for the time being.
On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
3/17/2022 3:30:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shawnsamm2][Edited] [#41]
@steviesterno16

I don't have a picture handy.  But they have it on their website.  Mine is mounted in the first Mlock slot to keep it out of the way.   The gas block can be adjusted on one side, so the mount does not get in the way.
https://arisakadefense.com/offset-scout-mount-mcx/

My top rail is full with the pressure pad and sights, but this is also a good option for the Rattler if you have the top rail space
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-surefire-scout-offset-mount-lt752/

Both of the above only support lights with Scout mounts.  Which also make them stay close to the gun.  There are options with rails, but I don't think they will fit as tight as the scout mount.

As for the SBR on the MPX and not the Rattler.   I have had the MPX for years and it was my first SBR.   I am still debating if I want to SBR the Ratter, it does not gain me much vs. the hassle traveling with it.
3/18/2022 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Going to give this euro rail a try

3/18/2022 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By sbye:
Going to give this euro rail a try

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20220318_102236-2317531.jpg
View Quote

Was looking at those the other day (online). What did it cost?

Also, those screw holes are supposedly spaced for attaching mlok spec mounts without using the locknuts. Not sure if the little indexing tabs that are usually featured on the backsides of those mounts need to be removed or not but if I had to guess I’d assume so.
Give Respect & Take Responsibility
3/18/2022 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SIASL:

Was looking at those the other day (online). What did it cost?

Also, those screw holes are supposedly spaced for attaching mlok spec mounts without using the locknuts. Not sure if the little indexing tabs that are usually featured on the backsides of those mounts need to be removed or not but if I had to guess I’d assume so.
View Quote

I have one on preorder from ALTRD. I think they are around $350 USD when shipped (They're made in the EU). The screw holes are spaced for mlok, but you do need to remove the locknuts. ALTRD was also selling rails for them, but I ordered mine from Sheffield Tactical.
3/20/2022 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#45]
A new addition:
Attached File

3/20/2022 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice transitional keymod rail! Those are hard to find
3/20/2022 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By regular_guy01:
Nice transitional keymod rail! Those are hard to find
View Quote
Thanks. It didn't come with it, I got this from the MCX FB owners group about two years ago or more. You can still find some full-size ones, in fact, I need to get another to keep normal since I cut down the one I have.

The one pic someone posted recently showed a bunch of them in Indonesia or somewhere in use by police.
3/23/2022 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Got a Canebrake upper for sale if anyone is interested has about 200 rounds through it just listed it in the EE.
3/24/2022 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#49]
After years of owning 9mm ARs, I decided to jump into an MPX.  Here's my setup "so far."  Really liking it a lot!

3/25/2022 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#50]
nice setup

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 46
Next Page

Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 37 of 46)

Armory Sponsor