Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2018 11:56:58 PM EDT
Hi all.
Are there any issues with putting a full auto latest gen Shrike/ MCR belt fed upper on a Colt SP1 lower that has been converted?  Does everything line up and function correctly despite the large pin vs small pin issue?  Are folks generally happy with their Shrikes/MCR's in general, and would they buy them again if they had to do it over again?  Thanks for any and all input. Trying to decide if its feasible and also worth the money.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are there any issues with putting a full auto latest gen Shrike/ MCR belt fed upper on a Colt SP1 lower that has been converted?  Does everything line up and function correctly despite the large pin vs small pin issue?
View Quote
If you use an offset adapter pin, or have had the SP1 converted with permanent bushings, it'll fit and line up. Function will likely be up to the quality of the conversion job that was done when it was made into an RR.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. That is what I was hoping to hear. Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
yea mine runs great...even with 250rds linked up
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Have M60 Joe bushing convert that thing, best thing I ever did for my SP1.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Thought M60 Joe was out of the game?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I hadn’t heard that, he responded to an email I sent earlier today in minutes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
If M60Joe converts the lower to bushings how is the front pivot pin then contained in a slab side lower?  Use one of the ball detent type pins?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If M60Joe converts the lower to bushings how is the front pivot pin then contained in a slab side lower?  Use one of the ball detent type pins?
View Quote
Correct. You need the long ball detent pin or a later .250" Colt two-screw pivot pin. If the upper pivot lug is rebated, it's possible to use the tidier-looking 601-style ball detent pin.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
M60Joe is no longer doing any work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]
That’s too bad, he did great work cheap on mine. Running a KNS push button pivot pin.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top