Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2017 5:58:51 PM EDT
I finally was able to get out and zero my ACR today, or at least the Meprolight M21 I put on it. I left my front sight adjustment tool at home so I couldn't zero the irons. I guess I'll just have to go back next week.  I only put 20 rounds through it (15 to zero and the other five I just sent downrange). Last night I took it apart for the first time to clean and lube.  I'd never really thought much about the whole caliber conversion thing.  I got an ACR simply because I wanted one.  After taking it apart, putting it together and shooting it, I could see how easy it would be to switch calibers with it.  Too bad they didn't follow up with it, because if they had some I'd buy a conversion or two.  Still, I really like it and look forward to sending a lot more rounds downrange with it.  I think it will quickly become my favorite.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good stuff.  Since your Meprolight optic is zero'd, use the dot to zero your irons, then when you get out to the range, confirm zero, or fine tune.

And for the love of all things, the Masada gods demand pics!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a few folks that produce the conversions. Check out the ACRForum.com - Look for Bigdog200399 (Dana Beck) here or Nexus Tactical. There are lighter trunions, HGs, Barrel conversions and even lowers in development. Some good folks putting in a lot of time and effort. As luck would have it, now Bushmaster seems to be coming around with some aftermarket options as well.

Good luck to you bud.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 12:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good stuff.  Since your Meprolight optic is zero'd, use the dot to zero your irons, then when you get out to the range, confirm zero, or fine tune.

And for the love of all things, the Masada gods demand pics!!!
View Quote
I got the irons adjusted to the dot.  I figure I should at least hit the broad side of a barn at 50 yards if the meprolight goes down.  And, to appease the Masada gods, I give you pics:

The family (a few notables are missing: M&P-15, Tantal, AK-74)
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a well rounded collection, OP.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Great collection!

Wish I could get out to the range with a few rifles. Seems time is in short supply these days.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a fan of caliber conversions. I'd much rather have a couple ACR's vs kits.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Tripleoption, you should put up a post about what you think of the CZ vs Beretta vs ACR vs AR.  I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the different platforms.  I think there are some threads/videos out there that compare them but always take review videos with a grain of salt and think that someone who basically all of the non-AR modern rifles (missing SCAR) might have some interesting thoughts on them.  I have considered purchasing all of those to complement my ARs but just haven't had enough good information to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tripleoption, you should put up a post about what you think of the CZ vs Beretta vs ACR vs AR.  I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the different platforms.  I think there are some threads/videos out there that compare them but always take review videos with a grain of salt and think that someone who basically all of the non-AR modern rifles (missing SCAR) might have some interesting thoughts on them.  I have considered purchasing all of those to complement my ARs but just haven't had enough good information to pull the trigger.
View Quote
That sounds like an interesting project that I'd never thought about.  It would be a great excuse to spend a day at the range  .  My first thought is not to worry about accuracy.  They're battle rifles and I've got Trijicons on the Bren, ADCOR, and Colt, a Mepro M21 on the ACR and a Vortex SPARC with magnifier on the ARX, so I'm sure in the accuracy department there will be some variation.  I'm thinking along the lines of ease of disassembly/assembly, features, handling and even just overall feel.  I like your idea and I'll have to look into this.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#9]
That Beretta and carpet are wretched... but I'm totally digging everything else.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That Beretta and carpet are wretched... but I'm totally digging everything else.
View Quote
+1 lol
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
HAHA, just what I thought!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top