Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2019 10:26:24 PM EDT
I had a buyer on GB ask me to do this; he wants me to send the slide directly to him and the frame to his dealer.  I was initially ok with it, since the serial numbered part is going to the dealer anyways, but I'm kinda thinking that maybe this reclassifies the completed as a frame only.  What's the verdict on this?  I'm kinda thinking I need to send the payment back to this guy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Tell the buyer you'll send the pistol complete or not at all, you aren't going to add the cost and hassle of two separate shipments.
View Quote
As well as the possibility that he might refuse,, pistol lower .
Than keep upper as he might already have a lower
Just needs a complete upper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Buyer in WA state I’m guessing?
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buyer in WA state I’m guessing?
View Quote
MA actually.

Is there anything about this that's a legal no-go?  He paid extra shipping.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a buyer on GB ask me to do this; he wants me to send the slide directly to him and the frame to his dealer.  I was initially ok with it, since the serial numbered part is going to the dealer anyways, but I'm kinda thinking that maybe this reclassifies the completed as a frame only.  What's the verdict on this?  I'm kinda thinking I need to send the payment back to this guy.
View Quote
What is the problem? Nothing illegal here at Fed Level. If he is willing to pay for 2 packages let him.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What is the problem? Nothing illegal here at Fed Level. If he is willing to pay for 2 packages let him.
View Quote
Yep.  I've done it before.  Make him pay the shipping.  Nothing illegal here and helps someone behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd also consider stripping the slide and sending the bits and pieces along with the frame in case the buyer doesn't plan to pick up the frame.  Maybe a little ornery.
View Quote

Orney? More like retarded.
If the buyer paid for the entire gun and paid for shipping the frame and paid for shipping the slide/barrel assembly ...........why the heck does anyone care if he does/does not pick up the frame?
Really , the weirdness in this thread is weird.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

..why the heck does anyone care if he does/does not pick up the frame?
Really , the weirdness in this thread is weird.
View Quote
I wasn't going to say anything!

Link Posted: 10/11/2019 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#10]
This is a pretty common occurrence here in MA as a pistol frame is not considered a firearm and and as such it wouldn't be subject to the approved handgun roster.

btw it was mentioned above - the BEL in my name is the name of my shop - Behind Enemy Lines
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Similar stuff happens here since they started charging sales tax on transfers. If I buy a barreled action in a chassis for $1200 that’s $100 I pay in tax. If the barreled action is $400 it’s only $33. Depending on h the gun it can be a huge difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top