Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2023 6:52:59 PM EDT
I've got a pvs14 and a nox 18 on a bridge mount on a ops core fast bump. I'm wanting to set up a counter weight system but do not know where to start.
I've seen the mohawk set ups, but have no idea which one or what is needed to mount it. Do you need extra Velcro for your helmet or a helmet cover?
ETA also upgraded pads for opscore fast bump. The one with the molded mount vr the newer model.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Use a battery pack as primary counter weight. Which pouch depends on which pack you want to use. The mk1 will fit a decent pack and comes with the flat weights to fine tune the balance. Strip the nox of the w mount and extension and run a 123 as backup to your pack. The nox weighs about what a 14 does stripped down but gets pretty chonky set up for weapon mount. I initially left all that on for helmet mount thinking I'd switch things in the field but in reality i never really did that. Set it up at home for how your going to run it.

Eta we have TW helmets and the aglite cover is higher quality than the TW cover. Not sure how the ops core ranks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Use a battery pack as primary counter weight. Which pouch depends on which pack you want to use. The mk1 will fit a decent pack and comes with the flat weights to fine tune the balance. Strip the nox of the w mount and extension and run a 123 as backup to your pack. The nox weighs about what a 14 does stripped down but gets pretty chonky set up for weapon mount. I initially left all that on for helmet mount thinking I'd switch things in the field but in reality i never really did that. Set it up at home for how your going to run it.

Eta we have TW helmets and the aglite cover is higher quality than the TW cover. Not sure how the ops core ranks.
View Quote

I took the weapon mount off a long time ago. I planed for this to be a hand held and helmet mount originally.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If staying as stealth as possible the type of material the battery pouch or helmet cover is made out of since some even well known makers material will "Glow Brightly" under IR. I've used Crye battery pouches/Night Caps that will not fluoress under IR.

Quoted:
I usually find the real 4D pads on Ebay relatively cheap, new and not copies. They are a great upgrade.
View Quote

Yup I've bought several of these all in brand new in the package from 4D Tactical.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I took the weapon mount off a long time ago. I planed for this to be a hand held and helmet mount originally.
View Quote

The other thing to consider is ear protection. We run the amps and the way it clamps your head adds a lot of stability. The amps are nice but the arms are what make them special. The arms are like 100$ and they make adapters now to mount different brands to the arms. It helps enough that just out hiking i run my chinstrap loose enough so it's just for retention. My wife wears glasses so we got her the NF gell cups. These are super comfortable and I'm going to get some for myself.

Get it balanced decent and have the places where it touches you comfortable ie the 4d pads and gel cups and it makes for a much better time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the mk1 Mohawk and the 4 d pads as a start. Ordered a Anker power pack and cables from Amazon.
Will at TNVC was very helpful. Thanks Will.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Should probably point out that TNVC is the exclusive distributor of the 4D Zero-G DELUXE (3/4”) pads made specifically for Ops-Core FAST helmets (legacy and Vented Lux Liner) and ACH (including MTEK/Crye/TW).

Most folks use 3/4” pads (OE or 4D) if the helmet is sized correctly so the deluxe pads are the best choice. They also come with additional pads vs the 4D Zero-G standard kit.

View Quote

I got the deluxe kit. It’s worth every Penny. You can really pack your helmet full, or have extras, or toss the leftovers in another helmet.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Stuff came in. I need some more Velcro for the helmet for top of mohawk. What are you guys using.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Mil-Spec monkey has a DIY store with Mil-Spec color velcro in multiple sizes. I’d get the 4” rolls
View Quote

Sold out of Velcro.
What about these usb cables
SUNGUY USB C Cable Right Angle 3FT

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

With the Mohawk MK1 I would get a cable with a USB-A straight connector and a 90 degree USB-C. I thought you had a newer bump with the new velcro pattern. We have replacement velcro for legacy BUMPs that you can trim and repurpose as well as a lite version of the new universal velcro.

Go on our site and click on "brands" then go to "Ops-Core" and you'll find the replacement velcro
View Quote

It has the back piece and the side pieces, but I need a strip for the Mohawk top flap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top