Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2018 8:54:18 AM EDT
Hello,

Im trying to compile a list of services offered by FFL and was looking if you can help me add up to it.

- Transfer
- Storage
- Stipling
- Gunsmithing
- Bowsmith
- Gun Cleaning

?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Scope, accessory installation. I wouldn't really call that gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Consignment
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Restoration
Bluing
Anodizing
Parkerizing
Engraving
Light machining (barrel threading, milling, etc)
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Fingerprint scanning & passport photos for NFA forms
Firearm shipping
Appraisals

Are you contemplating applying for an FFL?
If so, is this for your business plan?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:33:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fingerprint scanning & passport photos for NFA forms
Firearm shipping
Appraisals

Are you contemplating applying for an FFL?
If so, is this for your business plan?
View Quote
Thank you all for the replies and yes @DogtownTom. Wanted to see options available to offer people. Now, one that you mention did call my attention "Fingerprint scanning & passport photos for NFA forms"

- Can you tell me more about this?
- Is this something that you do?
- Is it legal for a regular person to fingerprint others?

Around my area, there is a lot of people that want fingerprinting for jobs and cannot find a place for it. I notice that there is the paper option and the digital one. Is the paper option going away eventually?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you all for the replies and yes @DogtownTom. Wanted to see options available to offer people. Now, one that you mention did call my attention "Fingerprint scanning & passport photos for NFA forms"

- Can you tell me more about this?
- Is this something that you do?
- Is it legal for a regular person to fingerprint others?

Around my area, there is a lot of people that want fingerprinting for jobs and cannot find a place for it. I notice that there is the paper option and the digital one. Is the paper option going away eventually?
View Quote
Yes, you can do fingerprints, I do quite a few for different friends and customers every year, I order all of my cards from the ATF, they send them for free and they have the correct information on them as far as the ORI number and then you just roll the prints, give them the card.  Pretty simple, if they are also buying something from me, I normally do them for no cost.  Just make sure you learn how to do them correctly, they are not difficult, but it does take some practice.  That is what wife's and kids are for, you can practice with them.  I don't think print cards are going anywhere soon,

As far as taking pictures, a small digital camera and a photo program and you can do those and print them on a photo printer as well, not hard, just look at the specifications on what they require and set up a template in your photo program.  I use an older version of photoshop and it works fine.  If you don't want to do the printing, tell them to bring a thumb drive and put them on there, send them to who ever in your town can print them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]Quoted:

- Can you tell me more about this? Since, July 2016, ATF has required fingerprints and passport photo for any Form 1 or Form 4 application. Previously, only individuals needed to provide those, but 41F made it a requirement for trusts, LLC's, etc
- Is this something that you do? Yes
- Is it legal for a regular person to fingerprint others? ATF says its acceptable for "anyone properly equipped" to do so. This only applies to Form 1/4 submissions, not to anything else.

Around my area, there is a lot of people that want fingerprinting for jobs and cannot find a place for it. This is in no way the same thing. Some jobs require fingerprinting by an LE agency.

I notice that there is the paper option and the digital one. Is the paper option going away eventually? Not likely.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Around my area, there is a lot of people that want fingerprinting for jobs and cannot find a place for it. This is in no way the same thing. Some jobs require fingerprinting by an LE agency.
View Quote
That's the problem around here, that police does not do them anymore. I went by to drop off my alarm registration and heard a person asking for it and the straight up said: "We don't do them anymore and cannot recommend you a place"

I would have to find out more about that. But good to know that for the other forms I can do them with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
did you buy one of those kits from a vendor or are you on the silencer ship system?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top