Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2021 2:25:34 PM EDT
I've seen references to sequential serial numbers on pairs or more firearms for sale like Gun Broker etc.  I'm assuming this adds more value to the guns?  If so, why?  I can see it adding value to already rare guns but why would it add anything to modern, readily available guns.  Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I honestly don't know.
Guy was selling a pair of sequential revolvers. they'd been on GB for a while. I offered to buy one of them as I actually wanted it. He said he wouldn't split up the "pair"
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Only worth more if someone is willing to pay more.

Me?  No way.

But I can see someone payng a little bit more like for a husband/wife or parent/child relationship for sentimental reasons.

That being said, I do happen to have a pair of sequential MEGA Gator lowers
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes it adds value sometimes not. On mass produced guns most likely not. I’ve had customers that wanted them. On mass produced guns it’s almost never worth more money which everyone agrees on until they go to sell them

In my experience people more often asked for specific numbers that meant something to them rather than sequential numbers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my experience people more often asked for specific numbers that meant something to them rather than sequential numbers.
View Quote

This I can understand.  On several occasions, when having the ability to pick a firearm from several in stock at a gun store, I've picked certain serial numbers that had personal meaning.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had fathers and sons looking for consecutive or sequential S/Ns from time to time.  Most distributors purposely do not ship consecutive S/Ns.

I know Ruger offers them in their SASS Vaqueros, only sold in consecutive pairs.

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I have some sequential PSA lowers I got in a 10 pack years ago.  But, they're valuable now just because reasons.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Laugh when I read this in a description.
Don’t get it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I lucked into three SSNed Stag lowers about 15 years ago.  I bought them to eventually give to my boys when they eventually became of age.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not really a thing with AR receivers in my opinion.  It is a thing with handguns though just because getting two handguns with sequential serial numbers is generally very rare.  Rarity = exclusivity = money
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top