Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2019 11:22:55 AM EDT
My wife got a small Sentry Safe years ago and never used it.....never took the screw out to put batteries in. The manual is, well we don't know.

Apparently I need the factory code to open it, Sentry wants $30 and a 7-10 day wait.

Anybody have any idea on how to get it quicker?  (We have the Round little key, just not the code)
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I found the manual online for mine. I'm pretty sure there's a button inside you hold down to reset the code. Your safe may be different though.

ETA After second thought I may have a gun vault brand. Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, the problem is getting in to get to that button,.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, the problem is getting in to get to that button,.
View Quote
You have to use the key and a code on those or was there a typo in the OP?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The reset button on my Sentry safe is right behind a hinge making it impossible to reach from the outside.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a key for a cylinder lock that the manual needs to be popped out on. Then have to enter the code on the digital lock.

I have the key, but not the factory code.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Sentry should also request something signed from your local police department verifying ownership.

A faster way would be to take the safe to a local locksmith who is set up in Sentry's system.  They can verify ownership and call in for the combination instantly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is a key for a cylinder lock that the manual needs to be popped out on. Then have to enter the code on the digital lock.

I have the key, but not the factory code.
View Quote
Sorry, can't help you there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sorry, can't help you there.
View Quote
No worries.  Your response a few minutes ago reminded me that there is a 4 digit code on the key, got excited and gave that a shot.  It didn't work.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
1 2 3 4
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
You don't need code. Open with round key. To program, press red button, press new code and then press red button again.  Or something like that. The manual has the program instructions and should be downloadable online somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You don't need code. Open with round key. To program, press red button, press new code and then press red button again.  Or something like that. The manual has the program instructions and should be downloadable online somewhere.
View Quote
This one needs to code and the key.

I ended up doing the Sentry $30 factory code look up.  Less than two days, faster than I thought.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top