Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2018 5:44:04 PM EDT
Before Christmas I sent off a 10/22 trigger assembly off to Brimstone Gunsmithing for a Tier 3 (Basic) trigger job.

The trigger I sent off was the typical, Ruger 10/22 lawyer-weight trigger.  The trigger I received back has paperwork saying it should break at 2lbs and I believe it.

At $38.50 for service plus $9.50 return shipping I’m happy with the result.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Brimstone does a good job
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I second this.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I second this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I second this.
I’m going to send in my trigger from my second 10/22 that’s set up with Tech Sights.

I was debating sending in two triggers at once to save on shipping costs but I wanted to see the finished product first.

In hindsight I should have sent both triggers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’m going to send in my trigger from my second 10/22 that’s set up with Tech Sights.

I was debating sending in two triggers at once to save on shipping costs but I wanted to see the finished product first.

View Quote
Any benefit on doing this to a BX trigger?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got mine back from Brimstone with a tier 2 trigger work.  The torque spring on the hammer and getting rid of that drilled on an angle Ruger trigger stop was worth it.
I asked for the 'sweet spot' and my trigger is 2lb 2 oz.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No personal experience, but they do offer BX Trigger Work which sounds like it gives you a nice 1.5 lb trigger.

Obviously the “worth” if this trigger job is fairly subjective, but it’s an option.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just got mine back from Brimstone with a tier 2 trigger work.  The torque spring on the hammer and getting rid of that drilled on an angle Ruger trigger stop was worth it.
View Quote
I’m going to shoot the currentbtrigger for a while in my scopes 10/22.  I may end up swapping this Tier 3 into my Tech Sight Rifle and then getting a Tier 2 job for the scoped rifle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m going to shoot the currentbtrigger for a while in my scopes 10/22.  I may end up swapping this Tier 3 into my Tech Sight Rifle and then getting a Tier 2 job for the scoped rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triggers can turn out different in regards to overtravel. The Tier 2 is worth it to get the trigger stop.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Did that too!  Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
The Tier 3 is a tuned stock trigger, about equivalent to the BX for me.

Tier 2 adds the aluminum trigger blade, torsion Springs, etc.  Very nice trigger.  I prefer this one for the trigger blade alone. Worth every penny.

Tier 1 I haven’t tried yet, but I’m considering sending the trigger from my 10/22T for a Tier 1 tune up.

I also had Brimstone overhaul the factory trigger on my T/C R22. They say it’s sImilar to the BX trigger. Same price as a tuned BX trigger.  It’s super nice now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top