Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2023 7:05:55 PM EDT
The People''s Bull-Pup - Senex Arms - IT WORKS!

I left a question there about.

Is this an ambi-ejecting gun?
Does the handguard forward of the receiver hold zero (For those with IR, Irons, or anything mounted on the handguard rails).

He does say there will be a beauty pass on it..So right now they just working on the mechanical stuff.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 5:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#1]
My biggest issue is the DI system right at your face ....
https://youtube.com/shorts/tCjdIo-0nko?si=MsdKiX2xgM5z3C-l
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:
View Quote

a kaboom is a kaboom… DI or not
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Frens:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Frens:

Not really. I’d rather have it take part of my hand vs my whole face …
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

The explosion comes from the chamber, not the gas tube. Did you mean bullpups in general?
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Since this is not a kit bullpup, I imagine this is being set up to be safe in the event of a KB.

All the other Bullpups (Tavor, Aug, Keltec, Desert Tech) all have features that make your face safe in the event of (KBs happen)
Generally this is a design choice to have the energy redirected through the magwell.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Tempting design.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Odinforever2000:

Since this is not a kit bullpup, I imagine this is being set up to be safe in the event of a KB.

All the other Bullpups (Tavor, Aug, Keltec, Desert Tech) all have features that make your face safe in the event of (KBs happen)
Generally this is a design choice to have the energy redirected through the magwell.
View Quote

Honest question: what are the features you’re talking about especially on the AUG?
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

The explosion comes from the chamber, not the gas tube. Did you mean bullpups in general?
View All Quotes

Most bullies have kaboom mitigation … but they also don’t run DI systems … DI undoubtedly has higher risk of pressure spikes
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#9]
You mean the oldest bullpup in military service?

Steyr tested the AUG A1 by doing all kinds of nastiness to it and it never failed, like driving a bullet into the barrel and then firing a live round through it. Blew both bullets out of the barrel without doing any damage

Searching the forum for Kabooms in the Aug I found this( there are lots of threads on this topic)

"The AUG has a double-layer reinforced steel plate covering the inside of the closed ejection port.  It's bigger than the ejection port and held in place by the outer cover. The stock would have to break away for it to come straight out.  The open ejection port and magwell provide two huge paths of least resistance in case of an OOB detonation."
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Most bullies have kaboom mitigation … but they also don’t run DI systems … DI undoubtedly has higher risk of pressure spikes
View Quote

a pressure spike would make the chamber explode before the gas is able to enter the gas block, travel down the gas tube, and into the expansion chamber behind the bolt.
something strong enough to make the bolt carrier explode would also make the gas block or gas tube explode.
plus the carrier vents gas so i'm not sure how that would be an issue even if it could get to it.
it would also blow out the firing pin hole or out the front of the carrier past the gas ring.
basically something weaker will fail first.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thehun06:  My biggest issue is the DI system right at your face ....
View Quote

Doesn't it take standard AR bits?  Throw a piston on it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:  My biggest issue is the DI system right at your face ....

Piston vs DI has absolutely zero to do with a kb. Where are you hearing this nonsense?
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

Piston vs DI has absolutely zero to do with a kb. Where are you hearing this nonsense?
View All Quotes

I said nothing about a kaboom.  thehun doesn't like DI, so put a piston on it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:  Not really. I’d rather have it take part of my hand vs my whole face …

Que?  How so?
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:35:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#15]

Que?  How so?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:  Not really. I’d rather have it take part of my hand vs my whole face …

Que?  How so?

DI redirects high pressure gas to actuate the action …

Piston guns dumps it all at the gas block …

While it doesn’t matter which system is used for a kaboom to happen … I certainty don’t want a DI gun dumping all that high pressure gas right in front of my face in a bully application … slap a can on it and I bet it would become a very unpleasurable platform.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#16]

While it doesn’t matter which system is used for a kaboom to happen … I certainty don’t want a DI gun dumping all that high pressure gas right in front of my face in a bully application … slap a can on it and I bet it would become a very unpleasurable platform.
View All Quotes

Que?  How so?

This bullpup uses standard AR parts - so SLAP AN AFTERMARKET PISTON KIT IN IT and quit yer bitchin.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#17]

View Quote

In the event of a OOB kaboom the remaining and now lower pressure (as most of it vented out the path of least resistance) DI gas will enter the upper receiver long after it went kaboom.

A real pressure spike kaboom, one that blows the carrier and bolt out of the extension, happens before the gas has even traveled back to begin the cycling process that would unlock the bolt.

The gas from a DI system has absolutely zero bearing on a “pressure spike” related to a kaboom. A DI kaboom is no more or less catastrophic than a piston kaboom.

I agree It will won’t be pleasurable with a baffle can. Gonna have one dirty face!
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:30:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone figured out if this will be LH eject option as well?  That seems to be a standard option on modern bullies and it's be kind of silly not to incorporate it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Lots of gassy piston guns out there. Probably 99% of the suppressor blow back comes out of the breach, not the gas tube. With a properly timed and gassed system, both can be improved.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:  Has anyone figured out if this will be LH eject option as well?  That seems to be a standard option on modern bullies and it's be kind of silly not to incorporate it.
View Quote

Is it using a standard upper, or is that proprietary?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#21]

This bullpup uses standard AR parts - so SLAP AN AFTERMARKET PISTON KIT IN IT and quit yer bitchin.
View All Quotes

Que?  How so?

If you think this uses a standard BCG where I can just slap a piston kit in there then you are sadly mistaken that is so and you clearly haven’t studied this design accurately enough prior to making that comment.

I can disagree with a DI bullpup design … as do others … it’s ok. Trust me. It’s ok to not like it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Lots of gassy piston guns out there. Probably 99% of the suppressor blow back comes out of the breach, not the gas tube. With a properly timed and gassed system, both can be improved.

View Quote

It’s something the VHS-2/Hellion platform does amazingly well. Zero gassing out, no smell … it has been the most pleasurable firearm to fire suppressed … and I’ve shot a lot of firearms with cans.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

The pressure of the gas operating the action in a DI is half or less than that of chamber pressure (depending on gas system length). If it goes boom it's going boom before the gas ever makes it back to the BCG.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

While it probably doesn't happen often, a Kevlar, upside-down J shaped cover that mounts on the receiver/chamber area, would probably catch anything if it where to happen. Basically a ballistic cheek rest.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:
Has anyone figured out if this will be LH eject option as well?  That seems to be a standard option on modern bullies and it's be kind of silly not to incorporate it.
View Quote

If it uses standard AR-15 bolts, couldn't it just use a drop-in left-side bolt carrier/bolt, if the ejection port is there?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:11:10 AM EDT
[#26]
New video.

MBLR-15 Gen2 Prototype 30 round mag dump
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#27]
New video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTeL3OJ1CNk
View Quote

I’m more excited about this thing than any rifle recently released, or on the horizon
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#28]

It’s something the VHS-2/Hellion platform does amazingly well. Zero gassing out, no smell … it has been the most pleasurable firearm to fire suppressed … and I’ve shot a lot of firearms with cans.
View Quote

Yep. Same for me. Super surprised and pleased that I didn't even get a whiff of gas smell with a Turbo k on my VHS-2.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I really do hope he makes it left-hand eject capable. It wouldn’t be hard at all to do so especially since it’s using A.R. 15 bolts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:
I really do hope he makes it left-hand eject capable. It wouldn’t be hard at all to do so especially since it’s using A.R. 15 bolts.
View Quote

I really hope he makes it at all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:  I really do hope he makes it left-hand eject capable. It wouldn’t be hard at all to do so especially since it’s using A.R. 15 bolts.
View Quote

Dremel makes left-side ejection ports.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:18:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#33]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

backbencher being edgy as usual, LOL.

It doesn't put the pocket in the upper for the cam pin to rotate in on a left handed bolt carrier.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:  I really do hope he makes it left-hand eject capable. It wouldn’t be hard at all to do so especially since it’s using A.R. 15 bolts.

Dremel makes left-side ejection ports.

backbencher being edgy as usual, LOL.

It doesn't put the pocket in the upper for the cam pin to rotate in on a left handed bolt carrier.

Sven
Manticore Arms

True, but a 9mm blowback doesn't need one.  

More seriously, if this thing is using standard AR parts, just drop a Stag left-eject upper in there.  If the bullpup chassis covers up the ejection port, Dremel it open.

ETA:  Scrolling up, this doesn't look like the bullpup AR chassis I was thinking of, but a whole new proprietary upper.  Dremel maybe could cut the pocket?  There would be a hole on the outside of the gun...
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 3:36:52 AM EDT
[#35]

I talk directly with Brandon from Senex, I will hit him up with an email to see if he has considered left hand ejection.  The main issue I see is it puts a hole in the left side right where a right handed shooter's cheek is, meaning you then have to seal that up, and the associated concerns/risks to the end user in a catastrophic failure.

For all we know he may just be focusing on reliable function at this point, and it could be a down the road test/evolution on his product development cycle- I am sure it is something he has considered.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Because as it stands now, this wouldn’t be viable at all for a left-hander

Also, the AUG, Tavor, Hellion all have LH Ejection ports right next to or under the face of a RH shooter. 0-issues
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top