Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2019 12:24:14 PM EDT
I'm really confused on this and I'm looking for some clarification. I've looked over the 'net and found no clear answer.

*This is NOT a for sale ad.*

I have a 03 FFL and I'm thinking of selling some of the guns I've obtained using my license. What is the process of that for me as a 03 FFL holder?

Can I just sell something as I normally would? What do I put down in my log book?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Will have to record it in your long book.  Should have detail info on who you sold it to.  Record dirvers license id make sure address is correct and include issue date of drivers license so you can prove you saw the license.  Or record their ffl # if the have a license and keep a copy of their ffl
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, just sell like normal, except, as a C&R holder you are required to record in your book the name and address of the person you sell to. That is a requirement you would not have to abide by if you were not a C&R holder.

Can also sell interstate direct to any C&R or FFL holder, in which case you'd record the license number of the person you sold it to, instead of their name and adress.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is an example using a blank page from my bound book.

When you buy a C&R firearm, you fill out the Receipt section and fill in the Discription.
Under the Receipt, I put the date, if the seller has a FFL I either put the name/address ( Aim Surplus, Monroe OH or Century Arms, VT) or FFL/Name or  FFL/Name/Address . If it is from a non-FFL you put down their name/address/DL info etc...  I usually buy online, so the seller sends me a copy of their DL or C&R.

Selling
You need to get the buyers info (same as if you were buying...FFL, address, DL etc..) but it goes on the Disposition side.  If you are selling online, be sure to include a copy of your C&R FFL for the buyer’s(or the FFL01 that is handling the transfer) records.

I’ve had good luck selling things in the EE C&R section over the years, but have also sold a couple of C&R firearms on gunbroker.  I prefer here.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm really confused on this and I'm looking for some clarification. I've looked over the 'net and found no clear answer.
View Quote

Seriously?
Your first stop for ANYTHING firearms related should be The ATF website

I have a 03 FFL and I'm thinking of selling some of the guns I've obtained using my license. What is the process of that for me as a 03 FFL holder?

Can I just sell something as I normally would? What do I put down in my log book?
View Quote
I can't wrap my head around the fact you have an 03FFL and don't know how to acquire/dispose of firearms.
Did you read anything you got with your license?
Have you recorded your acquisitions to this point?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the helpful responses. That was more or less what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure since I've never done it before.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seriously?

I can't wrap my head around the fact you have an 03FFL and don't know how to acquire/dispose of firearms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

Very harsh, but true
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top