Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2018 10:19:56 PM EDT
I swapped the original safe-semi-auto, selector in my M16A1 with a KAC ambi selector.  Now I don't get the typical solid 'click' when I switch from safe to semi.  Semi to auto feels correct.

I believe the cause is that the long leg of the autosear spring, as it is pressing on the top of the selector, effectively smooths out the transition.  I'm talking about the spring leg that is on the serial number side of the receiver.

I don't see a remedy to this, unless I have the autosear spring leg in the wrong place.  If I remember correctly, it won't fit behind the selector because the leg was too long.

Make sense.  What am I doing wrong?  I'd like to get the crisp click back.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top