Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2020 1:13:53 AM EDT
Alright guys and gals I need some help from the hive mind. I have a beautiful newer model Blued Winchester 70 Supergrade in 30-06 I just picked up.

I need to put scope rings and or bases on it. Preferably in gloss.

What’s the hive say?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
CONETROL
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
warne rings.

i just put these on my dads new 243 supergrade in maple. been holding fine for the last 2 years. no issues in countless atv rides and multiple deer killed.

always holds zero

go to their website and it will set you up for a configurator
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I like Talley steel bases and rings.  The bases are small, slim, and have double lugs or shoulders to keep the rings anchored fore and aft.  The rings are machined on the base as a unit, matching numbers for each half.  Like the main bearing saddles in an engine block.  Extremely precise tolerances.

They can be used with or without QD levers.  When the lever version is used, return to zero is very good, well within one MOA.  I’m not sure if available in high gloss.  Mine came semi-gloss, satin blued.  This matches well with most current scope tubes.

Many custom gun makers/builders use them on high end builds.

This is how they look on my Remington Custom Shop 700 Mountain Rifle (.280 Rem).  Scope is a new Leupold VX6 HD 2-12x42 with Firedot Duplex reticle, zero stop, zero lock MOA turrets.

The same rifle with a nice 2-7x36 Kahles Helia CL scope for when shots are at more modest distances.  Kahles image quality is breathtaking.  Both scopes are pre-zeroed for that rifle and can be swapped with no discernible loss of point of impact.  Apologies for poor cell cam photo.  All I could locate quickly.

I have some other nice wood bolt guns wearing these bases and rings.  I’ll see if I can find a photo or two.

Here is a Win 70 Supergrade (not mine) with Talley rings and bases with a nice Kahles scope similar to mine.  Levers, when used, are usually placed on the opposite side of the bolt handle and ejection port, although they can be reversed, if preferred. They are slim and do not protrude.  You can barely see the front one in the photo below.  They are indexable and can be configured to just about and angle when locked down.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top