Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2018 11:08:02 AM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CCp5g4Zki8&lc=z23mdznp5pixutlo504t1aokgvathkfioxgfu5fbu4gnrk0h00410.1539314384432105
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That is satire, right?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh they lost me running tula ammo and bitching about reliability. I’ve seen that shit choke factory built AKs before, besides like everything else I’ve heard both praise and ridicule from operators with every weapon in their arsenal. I tend to just go on my own personal experience in these matters. My scar has been extremely reliable and accurate over the past 8 years, including several tactical courses. Not exactly “Operating” in Iraq or Afghanistan but good enough for my needs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The thing that really struck me is how much nut hugging there is going on in the comments section.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
They have been the most unreliable rifles in our rental fleet.  They are run harder than anyone including the military would run them to be fair. In saying that any of our ARs will out run them
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Yet battlefield Vegas says they are the most reliable
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yea, they probably clean the gas cylinder more frequently
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
So neglect is a design flaw that laws the gun as unreliable?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The thing that really struck me is how much nut hugging there is going on in the comments section.
View Quote
I thought the same things. Sycophants.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I think that video was made just to troll. You can tell by the two guys in it and how they are acting plus reading their comments and replies to comments. As if they purposefully hated the SCAR ahead of time and made a video to prove their bias.

Quoted:
They have been the most unreliable rifles in our rental fleet.  They are run harder than anyone including the military would run them to be fair. In saying that any of our ARs will out run them
View Quote
Doubtful. Everything else from independent testers says otherwise. I'll take Ron Cheney's documented results over yours. The fact that he puts significantly more rounds down rage through his equipment than you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Really don't care who hates the Scar, I like mines.  It's not for everyone as those two clowns proved.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think that video was made just to troll. You can tell by the two guys in it and how they are acting plus reading their comments and replies to comments. As if they purposefully hated the SCAR ahead of time and made a video to prove their bias.

Doubtful. Everything else from independent testers says otherwise. I'll take Ron Cheney's documented results over yours. The fact that he puts significantly more rounds down rage through his equipment than you.
View Quote
We averaged over five thousand a week.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, I posted about this in GD last week.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/So-apparently-the-SEALs-hate-the-Mk17-SCAR-17/5-2154915/

Those guys struck me as hardly objective. The title itself is designed to inflame.

Plus, while nobody likes a paid shill, I detest just as much the obnoxious guys who are constantly harping over how they "aren't scared" to post something bad about a gun/mfg/gear and prove it by going out and randomly bashing good stuff to prove their bonafides.

The review was farcical on it's face. On one leve they liked the caliber, yet then proceeded to bash the gun for the weight, length, and noise (LOL!) of the cartridge. Just nuts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Buddy sent that to me. Literally laughed out loud and sent back that he was an idiot for believing that crap. "3 jams in 40 rounds" ive had 0 in 3000ish soooo

Their videos are for the wilfully ignorant who cant or wont test things themselves.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We averaged over five thousand a week.
View Quote
so battlefield vegas with their couple 100k rounds on full auto isnt on par with yours?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've got to say I just flat don't believe any of your post on this subject. There are literally hundreds/thousands of SCAR 17 owners on the net commenting on their rifles running perfect for thousands of rounds. You say you run your rentals harder than the military....in what way?? Do you rent them out and let people go running around, dropping them in mud, sand, dirt and shooting them in completely adverse conditions?? And 5,000+ rounds a week......is that for just your SCAR 17's?? Don't believe that either. And then you think other companies "clean their gas tubes more".......what gas tube? Gas goes out the barrel port, into the block and then hits the piston which hits the carrier. You clean the piston maybe every couple thousand rounds, maybe brush out the piston housing and you're done. Sounds like you need a better armorer staff and need to learn more on the weapon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think Battlefield Las Vegas mostly is referring to their SCAR-16s, which have the longest-lasting bolts of their 5.56 NATO weapons.

If they did a thread on full auto or high volume SCAR-H, I must have missed it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think Battlefield Las Vegas mostly is referring to their SCAR-16s, which have the longest-lasting bolts of their 5.56 NATO weapons.

View Quote
Go to this thread, he talks a lot about the SCAR H's. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/FN-products-handle-stress-VERY-well/24-447078/
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CCp5g4Zki8&lc=z23mdznp5pixutlo504t1aokgvathkfioxgfu5fbu4gnrk0h00410.1539314384432105
View Quote
Dupe alert.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/So-apparently-the-SEALs-hate-the-Mk17-SCAR-17/5-2154915/?page=2

@Minion42
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ron has talked quite a bit about the auto SCAR 17s (H) they run. Quite a bit, you just have missed it.

Quoted:

I've got to say I just flat don't believe any of your post on this subject. There are literally hundreds/thousands of SCAR 17 owners on the net commenting on their rifles running perfect for thousands of rounds. You say you run your rentals harder than the military....in what way?? Do you rent them out and let people go running around, dropping them in mud, sand, dirt and shooting them in completely adverse conditions?? And 5,000+ rounds a week......is that for just your SCAR 17's?? Don't believe that either. And then you think other companies "clean their gas tubes more".......what gas tube? Gas goes out the barrel port, into the block and then hits the piston which hits the carrier. You clean the piston maybe every couple thousand rounds, maybe brush out the piston housing and you're done. Sounds like you need a better armorer staff and need to learn more on the weapon.
Exactly. He is blowing smoke. His experience goes against well respected BFLV experience and countless civilian experiences. Also goes against what the SCAR trial itself showed and what even the recent Pakistan trial showed. He is a hater and trolling with nothing to back up his claims but some random statement by a random member posting to a forum.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I dont agree with the content of the video. They further NSW is the Jersey Shore of SOF stereotype. I will agree this is a commonly held perception with SOCOM at the user level. I was just talking with someone at FN today as to why the info they need isn't moving up the chain. FN and SOCOM were handed a set of solutions, but they couldn't get it all sorted and supported. Also make no mistake the MK.17 of now is not the MK.17 of 2010. I think they are on what like rev 15-16?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I dont agree with the content of the video. They further NSW is the Jersey Shore of SOF stereotype. I will agree this is a commonly held perception with SOCOM at the user level. I was just talking with someone at FN today as to why the info they need isn't moving up the chain. FN and SOCOM were handed a set of solutions, but they couldn't get it all sorted and supported. Also make no mistake the MK.17 of now is not the MK.17 of 2010. I think they are on what like rev 15-16?
View Quote
Honest question, what are some of the changes that they have made.

The last time I messed around with mk17's was around 2014.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Honest question, what are some of the changes that they have made.

The last time I messed around with mk17's was around 2014.
View Quote
Not sure on the real military MK17 but the only change I can think of on the 17S is the additional lug on the bolt which happened sometime around 2011ish.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not sure on the real military MK17 but the only change I can think of on the 17S is the additional lug on the bolt which happened sometime around 2011ish.
View Quote
I think they also put a flat peice of steel "bridge" on top of the barrel seat. I wish we could compile a timeline of revisions... let me start a thread....
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#24]
The vid is a joke (not literally, but it may as well be). Not sure what the agenda is, but it's obvious they have one. Scar is absurdly reliable. There are some legit gripes end users have, most of which are being addressed. Ironically some of them only even exist because of what the operators wanted at the start of the program. But reliability and durability arent one of them.

Heck I have 4 or 5 of the first 100 production MK17's, and several MK16's for that matter, in my office that have had the shit shot out of them, arent cleaned anywhere near enough, and are still being used regularly. They all have well over 100k on the receivers (some much more than that). Watching that vid is full of
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

They said the list of cons was long, then only named 3.

1) The guy complained about the bolt hitting his hand, but he had the bolt on the wrong side for a RH operator.

2) Size & weight. They complained about the size & weight, but it is a battle rifle, not a room clearing gun. And in beginning they stated it was a light gun, but was heavy after adding a 4 lbs of crap on it.

3) Reliability. Is this valid or is the reliability caused by putting the bolt on wrong side and allowing your hand to intefere with it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
They said the SCAR 16s were, they have not made that comment on the 17 yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reading is good for the soul. Actually Henderson Defense reviews both the SCAR 16 and 17 as being very reliable.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/FN-products-handle-stress-VERY-well/24-447078/

Quoted:
Quoted:
So you have not noticed any excessive wear on the 6061 receiver or the rear stock attachment plate as claimed by others?  What is the highest round counts for the SCAR 16/17 in your inventory?
For us, there has been no excessive wear on the receivers. We use both SCAR-H's and SCAR-L's and the receiver condition has been unremarkable to this point.

V/R
Ron
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the round count on the SCAR-L and SCAR-H? What springs broke and what were the circumstances of the hammer breaking? Great post, thanks for sharing this info.
We tried to put together the numbers from the amount of cleaning and that the fact that both weapons have been on the line since day one. We now have doubles and some triples but the originals (both the L and H) are on their third barrel and continue to be run daily. I will ask one of the armorers to check his maintenance log and see if it was the hammer or trigger spring or a combination of both.

As for hammer breaking, these both being guns that have to have well over 100,000 rounds them under full-auto use is the reasoning for the broken hammer.

V/R
Ron
Quoted:

Yes. The only parts we've broken (other than the stock from staff dropping the weapon) are the hammer, hammer spring, extractor pin, and the plate on the side of the trigger pack ( not sure the name of it).

Again, these two original weapons have been on the line for over two and half years.

V/R
Ron
Quoted:
Quoted:
How has the gas block on the SCAR 16/17 held up to having that many rounds through it?  What about the lowers?  Have they held up okay?
Zero issues with the gas block nor the lower receiver.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Needed a longer range rifle (800 yds+) but put a grenade launcher on it. M’kay.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Is the video monetized? Because if it is, there is reason one to toss up click bait. Reason two is to try and increase subscribers for follow on videos (and more views which == more money).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top