Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 2:19:59 AM EDT

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Same thing over here on a 17. Guy sent it back and is waiting to hear from FN.

https://www.fnforum.net/threads/brand-new-17s-nrch-canted-barrel.229614/

I am worried. I won a new SCAR 17 off gunbroker last week. It is on the FedEx truck to be delivered to my dealer today. I await to see if it has a straight barrel or not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same thing over here on a 17. Guy sent it back and is waiting to hear from FN.

https://www.fnforum.net/threads/brand-new-17s-nrch-canted-barrel.229614/

I am worried. I won a new SCAR 17 off gunbroker last week. It is on the FedEx truck to be delivered to my dealer today. I await to see if it has a straight barrel or not.
View Quote

Let me know what yours looks like.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If you put a level along the top of the rails - is it square and level?

If so - try to then check the barrel in relation to the top of the receiver.
Mine are the older Belgium made with the thumb torture charging handle.
All mine show more at the bottom than the top and shoot fine. Yours looks a bit more to the top than mine.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you put a level along the top of the rails - is it square and level?

If so - try to then check the barrel in relation to the top of the receiver.
Mine are the older Belgium made with the thumb torture charging handle.
All mine show more at the bottom than the top and shoot fine. Yours looks a bit more to the top than mine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16765/30F4CF92-D954-4FAE-88BE-3BD2451EECAC_jpe-2353181.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Your picture looks normal to me, my SCARs aren't centered top to bottom either and have a larger gap at the bottom. I do not think that is close enough to impact the top plate during firing. Best bet would be to shoot it and see how your accuracy is. Look for any signs of contact there if you are getting flyers.

You could loosen the barrel screws again to make sure the barrel trunnion is all the way seated against the bulkhead in the receiver for piece of mind. I usually stand mind on end and put downward pressure on the barrel as I'm torqueing the screws to help make sure it's seated squarely.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your picture looks normal to me, my SCARs aren't centered top to bottom either and have a larger gap at the bottom. I do not think that is close enough to impact the top plate during firing. Best bet would be to shoot it and see how your accuracy is. Look for any signs of contact there if you are getting flyers.

You could loosen the barrel screws again to make sure the barrel trunnion is all the way seated against the bulkhead in the receiver for piece of mind. I usually stand mind on end and put downward pressure on the barrel as I'm torqueing the screws to help make sure it's seated squarely.  

View Quote

Thanks. I will torque the barrel when I receive my torque wrench.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Update: i sent some pictures to FN and they referred it to their gunsmith and said that I should be fine. They advised me to shoot it and contact them if there are any problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top