Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2023 2:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt]
I have a 10" scar 16 sbr that seems more like an ACR than scar at this point (except for the super freaking annoying reciprocating charging handle that i really hate).

Attachment Attached File

I have a 16" barrel for it still and I'm considering updating the nfa registry and selling it in title 1 format and the 10" barrel separately and then using the money to buy an 11.5" sig MCX LT to sbr.

What do you think? I know I'm eating the $200 tax stamp of the scar. But i never shoot it. Maybe i should start. The charging handle has honestly been my biggest problem with it.

If i keep it, I'm strongly considering getting the nrch kit. But it just feels like throwing money at a platform I'm not convinced i will actually like (good knows I've tried to like it).

The mcx lt seems to have issues with barrel alignment or something and honestly im not thrilled about the handguard stability for mounting ir lasers, etc. I was really hopeful that the new design fixed that until it came out and seemed like it marginally improved the situation at best (while possibly causing other problems).

Or maybe i just sell the scar and stick to my ARs, which i do really like.

Attachment Attached File

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:14:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#1]
RTG has the SCAR16 non-reciprocating cocking handle conversion kitin stock for $899.

Maybe you’d like it better if it no longer had the reciprocating cocking handle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#2]
If the receiver of the SCAR is NOT engraved with your SBR maker's mark and the engraving is on the 10" barrel, sell the SCAR. It shouldn't be very difficult to sell because you have a Belgian make SCAR, even though most people prefer the FDE color instead of black when it comes to SCARs
Once sold, buy the NRCH  SCAR 16 this time around OR stick to ARs, I can't tell you which one to choose.
However, I would NOT buy a SIG product, unless it's SAN SIG from Switzerland.
If the receiver is engraved, you can buy the KIT and keep the original bolt as spare parts, or sell the whole rifle, whatever you choose between those 2 options doesn't matter because you'll be taking a bath on it financially because people pay way less for rifles with the receiver engraved already that cannot be changed.
Guns that the receiver cannot be changed like CZ Scorpion, SIG 550, SIG Mcx, etc.
What ever you decide let us know because we're curious.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FastCar:
If the receiver of the SCAR is NOT engraved with your SBR maker's mark and the engraving is on the 10" barrel, sell the SCAR. It shouldn't be very difficult to sell because you have a Belgian make SCAR, even though most people prefer the FDE color instead of black when it comes to SCARs
Once sold, buy the NRCH  SCAR 16 this time around OR stick to ARs, I can't tell you which one to choose.
However, I would NOT buy a SIG product, unless it's SAN SIG from Switzerland.
If the receiver is engraved, you can buy the KIT and keep the original bolt as spare parts, or sell the whole rifle, whatever you choose between those 2 options doesn't matter because you'll be taking a bath on it financially because people pay way less for rifles with the receiver engraved already that cannot be changed.
Guns that the receiver cannot be changed like CZ Scorpion, SIG 550, SIG Mcx, etc.
What ever you decide let us know because we're curious.
View Quote
Lol. I'm living in Africa at the moment, and don't even know when I'll be back in the states, so it's all just a mental exercise at the moment either way.

Maybe in a few years I'll make a post about what i decided to do!

But thanks for your input. It's a good point about the engraving.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:09:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Orion10182011] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
RTG has the SCAR16 non-reciprocating cocking handle conversion kitin stock for $899.

Maybe you’d like it better if it no longer had the reciprocating cocking handle.
View Quote

Also available from Midway.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top