Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2020 11:57:29 AM EDT
I just bought an amd 65 with 12" barrel and welded extended muzzle brake.
Is this a good candidate to sbr?
Also, any advice on the matter is welcome.
I guess I'll do an individual form 1, unless a better path is available.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I sbr'd mine.  

I built it with a parts kit that had a 12" barrel.  I ended up getting a JMAC customs 1913 rail adapter for it after I had already submitted the Form 1.  I'm using the Sig minimalist stock on it now, so I can actually get a decent sight picture with my cheek actually on the stock.  

If I could do it again, I would keep it built as a pistol, use JMAC adapter, and put the 1913 SB brace on it.  I am already looking for another receiver to build a 12" pistol actually....

But my SBR I built is my favorite AK of the many that I have bought and built...

Adam D.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!
Maybe I'll go the pistol route...
I do enjoy my braced ar pistols.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My AMD-65 is an AOW.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I built an AMD-65 kit as a pistol long ago. I used krink handguards and a normal slant brake. It’s been a riot but I think I will put a 1913 rail section and brace on it now that several nice options are available.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just bought an amd 65 with 12" barrel and welded extended muzzle brake.
Is this a good candidate to sbr?
Also, any advice on the matter is welcome.
I guess I'll do an individual form 1, unless a better path is available.
Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I would file an e Form 1 as individual, they have been only taking about a month to receive your stamp, then cut the weld off the barrel extension and thread on the AMD65 muzzle device.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top