Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2018 11:35:14 PM EDT
Picked up a Savage Rascal .22 over christmas for my kid.  He loves it but the safety is really really really bad.  When taking the safety off it's smooth but putting the safety on is hard and rough.  Feels like your hitting something in there when flipping on.  I have taken it apart and it looks okay, nothing stands out to me as a problem in there.

Anyone have one? Does ours do this? Any way to fix it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't noticed it on my son's, but I didn't teach him to use the safety and the only time it gets switched is on accident. He doesn't ever notice when he does it unintentionally, so it must be pretty smooth.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
This is funny as our Rascal’s safety is hard to move from safe to fire. I thought it was by design of the lawyers. Moving it from fire to safe is a nice smooth click. I’ve thought about filing on the cam portion to smooth it out but I have been reluctant as it is part of the safety after all. My kid got the rifle when he was three and absolutely could not move the safety to fire. He’s six now and can get it with a decent push.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You are right. I just went into the safe and checked. It is a little harder to take off of safe, but it's still pretty smooth.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just an update.  I took the safety apart and simply took some of the hump out of the flat spring simply by bending/shaping it a little bit.  Now it is perfect and can be switch on and off without it feeling like the lever is going to snap off.  15 minute job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top