Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 3:29:56 PM EDT
I have seen these at a couple of Walmarts, mine has two, but can find nothing about them, not even on the Savage site.  They are decent from picking one up, nice stocks, just can find nada on them.  Anyone?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My local walmart has them listed as Savage Precision Rifle, $397.

Haven't found them online.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Great deal!

Looks like the:
Savage MKII FV-SR @ $250
Boyd's AT-One Adjustable Stock @ $225 delivered
DIP Deluxe Bottom Metal/Trigger Guard @ $50 delivered
3x9 Scope + Rings @ ?

Wish I'd found that deal.  Know how I know those prices?

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
They are heavy for sure, not a lightweight barrel.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything made by Savage should be GTG, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have a sku for these?  Can’t quite make it out in the picture, and there seems to be limited info online. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Mk II FVT. I love it. Nail driver.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Just spent about an hour with the gun counter guy trying to look this up in their system with no luck. Was hoping they could look it up and tell me where I could find one in my general area. Beginning to wonder if these are just going to specific locations.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]
There was one locally last week. Looked nice. Do the magazines work well on these?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything made by Savage should be GTG, IMO.
View Quote

Except for their cheesy box magazines.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There was one locally last week. Looked nice. Do the magazines work well on these?
View Quote

I haven't pulled the mags on these to check them.  I have had some problems with my mags for my Savage FVSR II, had one mag just flat out come apart, sometimes the round will flip up at a weird angle.  I think I got that fixed by tweaking the mag lips.  I shoot CCI SV.  Shoot suppressed to, so have to make sure I clean the breach face with a brass brush and solvent occasionally.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally found one at a local WM that I have checked out probably 15x in the past couple of months. Didn’t really have shit else in the case, but did have one of these beasts. Had 3 separate people come by as I was completing paperwork wanting to look at it.

Now to get proper glass on it and get it out to the range. Was hoping to get it out today, but the wife unit wasn’t feeling well, and the boy wanted to spend a good chunk of the afternoon playing catch.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually saw a few of these at the wally word down by the beach. Didn't think there was anything special about them. Was surprised to see anything to begin with. May have to give a second look.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd like to have one but, dang, I hate that green.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I haven't pulled the mags on these to check them.  I have had some problems with my mags for my Savage FVSR II, had one mag just flat out come apart, sometimes the round will flip up at a weird angle.  I think I got that fixed by tweaking the mag lips.  I shoot CCI SV.  Shoot suppressed to, so have to make sure I clean the breach face with a brass brush and solvent occasionally.
View Quote

Csspecs mags
Quality welded mags for $4 more than OEM.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Csspecs mags
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Csspecs mags

Thanks for the info. I’ve had mine out 2x and it has already shit the bed. The top 2 tabs come out of their slot sending rounds shooting all over. Ive staked them so hopefully that fixes the OEM I have, but they are crap.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
My mark II magazines also failed early on even though I babied them. I contacted savage and they sent me new ones. The newer ones seem to have a bit longer tabs holding them together so hopefully they last( good so far)
At this point my only issue with such an inexpensive rifle ( that shoots far better than the price would indicate) is issues failing to extract CCI standard. With any other ammo it runs fine.
A fellow shooter was giving me a ribbing about using such a cheap rifle, then his 3000 plus dollar vudoo malfunctions!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My mark II magazines also failed early on even though I babied them. I contacted savage and they sent me new ones. The newer ones seem to have a bit longer tabs holding them together so hopefully they last( good so far)
At this point my only issue with such an inexpensive rifle ( that shoots far better than the price would indicate) is issues failing to extract CCI standard. With any other ammo it runs fine.
A fellow shooter was giving me a ribbing about using such a cheap rifle, then his 3000 plus dollar vudoo malfunctions!
View Quote

Fails to extract CCSI SV?  Know why?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Emailed Savage with my gripe about the mag coming apart, even sent a pic of it separated. Nice fella emailed back asking for address to send me a new one out. Got the package a couple of days ago. They sent me a 10 rounder. Interestingly enough, the tabs on it show evidence of staking that the 5 rounder didn’t. Without getting too aggressive, I did tug on it a bit and it seems tight. Good on Savage.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fails to extract CCSI SV?  Know why?
View Quote

Has something to do with the rim dimensions I think. Over at rimfire central this is discussed extensively
Started using eley and no issues.
During my preliminary testing of the rifle, it shot eley action and SK rifle match best. I put a personal limit of under $10/50 on the ammo I was willing to buy. This was all before the current shortage, now even things like SK are hard to come by.

Again other than the magazine problem which savage took care of, great rifle for the price.
I understand there is a company called csspecs that makes a better magazine I may try if my current mags act up again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top