Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2020 3:43:05 PM EDT
Hey guys. I was at Walmart earlier and just happened to walk past the guns they had. I noticed a savage axis 2 30-06 for $296. At that price I’m thinking about running back up there and grabbing it. Anybody have any experience with these? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. It’s accurate and a nice rifle for the price.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Ruger American 30-06 several years ago and regret selling it. But for the price their asking for the Savage I might go back and grab it
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes...

Axis 2 has the accutrigger. Barrel is standard savage so you can rebarrel it yourself in the future. Weak spot was the magazine catch which has been been fixed but the old style catch maybe still be in the pipeline.

I think I would look at a stainless model if I just wanted a hunting rifle but they are a little more money. Is it a package gun? Because the bushnel! And tasco scopes sucked balz.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t really remember. I was just walking by and saw the price and that it was a Savage. If I get it I was going to put a different scope on it as soon as I could. Been trying to decide what I want to buy next. I really want a 45-70 but don’t really want to spend the money right now. I do have a 30-30 for hunting. I’m thinking either a bolt gun or maybe a fun lever gun. Too many choices!
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one in 300 blk and it sounds like a pellet gun suppressed. The trigger is really nice and adjustable as well (I think I have mine set around 1lbs). The bolt feels a bit sloppy compared to a rem 700 I’ve used in the past, but it’s also about half the price.  I’d say give it a try, I’m sure you could sell it for about what you paid if this panic goes on longer.

One question I have for others with these rifles is...are there higher capacity magazines available? I’m not a huge fan of only having 4 in a mag for a close-ish range hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Wal-Mart carries the heavy barrel axis model. If you want to have fun get that one in 308 or cm and go show off some .5 moa groups at the range with your $300 stick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top