Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2022 11:29:11 PM EDT
Have an A17 coming chambered in the 17 mach 2 round. Magazines appear to be unobtainium online.  Wondering if anyone know whether or not the 22lr magazines for the A22 model will work with the 17 HM2? I would think so because the HM2 is just a necked down 22lr. But Savage lists them as different part numbers. However that could because the back of the magazines are labeled with their respective caliber.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't see why it wouldn't work. Both use the same casing. The feed ramps between the caliber might be different, but the magazine used should be same as long as you use the HM2/22LR mag and not the HMR/22Mag.

The follower of my 17HMR is same as the 22Mag on my Ruger 77/22 Magnum. I have Green Mountain barrels in both calibers for this rifle, but magazine is same when using either barrel. Only bullet is different, but brass case's are same, other than the necking down for the 17HMR.

Savage probably shows different #s more of a safety thing to protect them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top