Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2018 4:36:31 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the saker asr 556 and the k model? Looking for another can already have the full size asr and m42000.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What hosts? Do you have spare mounts for the other ASR can?
My buddy has a Saker trifecta and it’s his least shot can. He also has a m4-2k that he prefers
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one but have not yet shot it.

Seems really heavy for the size.

Here it is on my RDB:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the k that should be approved literally anyday now. Haven't shot it though
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a Saker 556, OMEGA, and SPECWAR 556k. The Saker is by far my least favorite. Expensive, lots of blow back/ back pressure, and heavy. Unless you're planning on mounting your suppressor to something shorter than a 10.5in AR and/or doing full auto mag dumps, I'd look at different suppressors. That's just me though.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Zog. I think there’s about 1oz difference between the two of these (hybrid and saker 556), and look at the size difference. I’m sure the saker is one hell of a sturdy little can, but if you want light, look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Host would be more sbrs, currently have mk18,s,  scars 16 with 10" barrels. Looking to add more sbrs for kicks and giggles. Currently just running the 51t mounts, but end goal would be dedicated cans.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the saker would be perfect for those. Put it on, blast away, and not worry about getting caught up in the whole “maybe I should have a brake on instead of a flash hider”, or “I wonder if these short barrels are wearing out my blast baffle”. It would probably be on my mk 18 if that damn thread about them didn’t convince me to get a Surefire.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I run a saker 5.56 on my 7.5” Adams arms sbr abd 10.3” sbr.  No visible wear in many many rounds.  Not the lightest but not terrible either.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I always felt my Hybrid was a bit on the heavy side, then I picked up a Saker, and for it's size it is heavy. I am currently looking at 30 cal cans, and thought about the 7.62, but after handling them I think I will look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run a saker 5.56 on my 7.5” Adams arms sbr abd 10.3” sbr.  No visible wear in many many rounds.  Not the lightest but not terrible either.
View Quote
I suppose when accounting the k's size it's not a featherweight but to me 14oz isn't terrible since I'm accustomed to 17oz cans
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the Saker 5.56K (pre ASR).  It runs fine and haven't had any issues with it sticking to the flash hider like others have reported.  As far as quiet, its quiet enough for a 5.56 can.  Are others quieter, maybe.  But as I was doing my research, I realized that while on paper some may be quieter than others, the human ear won't be able to detect minor differences.  For me size, weight, and cost are what drove my decision.  I'm happy with it, no ragerts!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a SakerK and would buy it again. I got it on the SPEC program so it was a very good price. I was also looking at it anyway because I heard that it was a very durable and well built can. Is it heavier than others in its length range? Yes. Is it built like a tank? Yes. I wanted a short can that was tough and quiet. Did not care about the weight to much. I also have an OSPREY that has performed great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top