Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2024 1:51:31 PM EDT
So, for better or worse, last year I got rid of all my Sig MCX stuff and decided to "stick with" the standard DI / AR platform for the long term.

I have a DDM4 V7P (10.3") in 5.56 which I've been suppressing for about a year now. In the research phase, I tried some less expensive offerings like the OCL Polonium and I got lucky on a trip to TX and got to try the Aero Lahar 30 on my Rattler, and currently have one in jail ultimately bound for use with my M1A SOCOM. But now I need a dedicated suppressor for my DDM4 PDW in .300blk.

The consensus seems to be (if there can ever truly be any kind of consensus on suppressors) that the SF SOCOM 300SPS is an EXCELLENT sound signature suppressor for the .300blk, but may not be ideal for DI guns. I've narrowed my choices down to either this, or another Aero Lahar, with a HUB mount after the fact.

I REALLY like the SF QD mount. And I like SAMENESS. Having Surefire Suppressors and MDs on both my DD DI guns has some appeal.

Is anyone using this suppressor specifically with the DDM4 PDW? If so, is it just hot metal fart in the face like uggh, or is it comparable to other suppressors on DI guns, and just "gassier" than this new crop of high flow-thru suppressors?

All opinions welcome!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't use it on anything under 14.5" as I don't have anything under that, but it has just a bit more gas blowback over the standard rc2. It's also quieter than the rc2. I'm also using it on 5.56, 7.62x39 and will be using it on my 6.5 creed bolt gun when it is finished..
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I run a SPS on a rattler and love it.    Had also run it on a 9" BCM300 and it was great on that.   Very quiet can with super and subs compared to a traditional 762 can like  Sandman S or 762SOCOM mini.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
I run a SPS on a rattler and love it.    Had also run it on a 9" BCM300 and it was great on that.   Very quiet can with super and subs compared to a traditional 762 can like  Sandman S or 762SOCOM mini.
View Quote

I would love to hear more about your experience with the 300SPS on your BCM DI gun. Especially rear and ejection port gas.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know anything, but I just got my first socom (an rc2 762), and I'm already looking at another socom and running surefire muzzle devices on every gun I have. It really feels like the "buy once, cry once" move.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SteveJobs:
I don't know anything, but I just got my first socom (an rc2 762), and I'm already looking at another socom and running surefire muzzle devices on every gun I have. It really feels like the "buy once, cry once" move.
View Quote

I got my 300 sps about 10 days ago or so and already want a 556 rc2. Problem being is they are always out of stock lol especially in fde.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DWPW:

I would love to hear more about your experience with the 300SPS on your BCM DI gun. Especially rear and ejection port gas.

Thanks!
View Quote

It was not too bad with subs, but had some gas with supers that to me, was definitely there but not bad.  I have a 10.5 noveske 300 with Sandman S and I thought that was worse with gas at the rear and ejection port, if that tells you anything.

I ended up keeping the SPS on the rattler as it was just super quiet and was easy quick on and off as a bag gun.

SPS is definitely one of the quietest and best sounding cans I have.  I have run it on 308, 6ARC, 556, and 300blk.  All sounded fantastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top