Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2024 10:34:16 PM EDT
Did KAC discontinue the SR-15 to get production going for the KS-1? Haven't noticed anything dropped at the KAC vendors I follow in a few months
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They’re fulfilling backorders and then will switch to production of ks1. That’s my understanding
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SwissArmsFan:
Did KAC discontinue the SR-15 to get production going for the KS-1? Haven't noticed anything dropped at the KAC vendors I follow in a few months
View Quote

Nothing about your second point is unusual for KAC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
So The KS line will still be a SR-15. They uppers will get the KS(X) designation, But the lowers will still be marked SR15 with some updates like full ambi. Think of it more as a Legacy, Mod 1, Mod 2, KS. All SR15s, just different generations.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agnisco] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rohardi1:
So The KS line will still be a SR-15. They uppers will get the KS(X) designation, But the lowers will still be marked SR15 with some updates like full ambi. Think of it more as a Legacy, Mod 1, Mod 2, KS. All SR15s, just different generations.
View Quote

The KS-3 guns we got for work a couple months ago are marked KS-3 on the upper receiver.  The lower receivers are marked SR-15 but are the new ones with the integrated trigger guard and ambi bolt hold/release.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By agnisco:

The KS-3 guns we got for work a couple months ago are marked KS-3 on the upper receiver.  The lower receivers are marked SR-15 but are the new ones with the integrated trigger guard and ambi bolt hold/release.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agnisco:
Originally Posted By Rohardi1:

Yes. The ambi lowers at SHOT were still marked “SR15” on the magwell.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#6]
So regardless of what it's called, will the civilian market see a "KS-1", i.e. a 13.7" rifle with URX6, dimpled barrel, and the new full ambi lower with that integrated trigger guard?

From the AR Build Junkie video with Trey I think that's what they said, but any clarification would be helpful.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rohardi1] [#7]
Originally Posted By jakjakman:
So regardless of what it's called, will the civilian market see a "KS-1", i.e. a 13.7" rifle with URX6, dimpled barrel, and the new full ambi lower with that integrated trigger guard?

From the AR Build Junkie video with Trey I think that's what they said, but any clarification would be helpful.
View Quote

If I had to guess, (and this is just a guess) you will see the KS 2, 3, and 4 as regular production items and see limited KS1 uppers released to the civi market here and there when there are lulls in the British contract.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By snm:
They’re fulfilling backorders and then will switch to production of ks1. That’s my understanding
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jakjakman:

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jack_L:

Yes.
View Quote
Hell yea. Thanks man, you made my day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top