Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2018 6:40:52 PM EDT
Are these still made/made on limited production runs? a friend of mine is lusting after one, but cant find one locally
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them available albeit full blown retail, or higher.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I am waiting for the next batch, I'm hoping it will be before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine late last year from a guy who bought it, hardly fired it and was selling it because a "pistol that big was dumb" (he read so on the Internet ) . I came with a B&T rail mount, four HK factory mags, the case and all original accessories. I paid him $1,990 (his asking price).
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes they are.  Just picked up an HK MP5k 3 months ago new
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought mine late last year from a guy who bought it, hardly fired it and was selling it because a "pistol that big was dumb" (he read so on the Internet ) . I came with a B&T rail mount, four HK factory mags, the case and all original accessories. I paid him $1,990 (his asking price).
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I am pretty impressed with myself as well

I had Mike at TSC install the paddle mag release and had the bolt carrier welded-up and milled to FA profile by S&H. I have a registered sear in a 4pos pack, so Mike clipped and pinned an MP5k trigger housing for me as well.

These guns, even with their quirks (receiver tit, shelf height, muzzle profile) are full HK mfg and full HK quality. Don't believe stories otherwise.

Mine is a great sear host and a great platform for my Franklin Armory binary trigger pack when I take it to places NFA can't go.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know, I am pretty impressed with myself as well

I had Mike at TSC install the paddle mag release and had the bolt carrier welded-up and milled to FA profile by S&H. I have a registered sear in a 4pos pack, so Mike clipped and pinned an MP5k trigger housing for me as well.

These guns, even with their quirks (receiver tit, shelf height, muzzle profile) are full HK mfg and full HK quality. Don't believe stories otherwise.

Mine is a great sear host and a great platform for my Franklin Armory binary trigger pack when I take it to places NFA can't go.
View Quote
How do you like the FA binary pack?
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How do you like the FA binary pack?
View Quote
It sounds like he has both a real registered sear in a FA pack and a binary pack.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, I have both a Fleming Registered Sear and the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.

The SP5k and binary trigger combo is great when I want to go shooting out of state and don't have time to submit form 20 or to shoot at a range that doesn't allow full auto.

The Franklin Armory binary works GREAT on my SP5k using the original FIRE/SAFE trigger housing. It basically simulates a two-round burst. Very fast but very controllable. It also works without failure in my HK94. However, it fits very loosely in the S-E-F trigger housing I have for it.

The Fleming sear in a 4-pos trigger pack is just damn awesome!
I thought I paid too much at the time I bought it but compared to current pricing, I stole it
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
When you compare the internals, fit/feel/finish, and overall build quality of the Hk94 with the SP5K, what are your impressions?

Is there anything about the SP5K that comes across as cheesy, or not Hk quality?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When you compare the internals, fit/feel/finish, and overall build quality of the Hk94 with the SP5K, what are your impressions?

Is there anything about the SP5K that comes across as cheesy, or not Hk quality?
View Quote
I have a HK94, SP89, and SP5K. I previously had a 91. The 94 and SP89 have been converted to MP5-N (with fleming sear) and MP5K-N (with DLO frame), respectively. The SP5K is excellent, completely perfect factory HK attention to detail. The finish is excellent. The internals are excellent. Nothing cheesy. It’s HK; buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#13]
They’re still in production, I was offered an allocation for one three weeks ago but passed it up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#14]
If anyone could do a photo comparison of Hk94 bolts, internals, and receivers with corresponding SP5K parts, I would appreciate that.

As I go over the workmanship of the Hk94 in more detail, it reeks of the German worker and their manufacturing prowess in lab-grade attention to detail, inspection markings, proof marks, finely-machined parts, finishes, and precision tooling.

The only comparable workmanship I've seen is from the Swiss when it comes to high-end stampings, machine work, and coatings.

Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If anyone could do a photo comparison of Hk94 bolts, internals, and receivers with corresponding SP5K parts, I would appreciate that.

As I go over the workmanship of the Hk94 in more detail, it reeks of the German worker and their manufacturing prowess in lab-grade attention to detail, inspection markings, proof marks, finely-machined parts, finishes, and precision tooling.

The only comparable workmanship I've seen is from the Swiss when it comes to high-end stampings, machine work, and coatings.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/Suomessa251_zps955c77c4.jpg
View Quote
There really isn’t anything to see. They’re both German made semiauto mp5 variants neutered for the US civilian market. They’re both very high quality. There are many many photos of the SP5K and it’s internals all over the web.

Agree re: Swiss craftsmanship. Though I would put it above that if HK. The Swiss 55x series is the finest production military rifle IMO. They’re like owning a Rolex that shoots.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Swiss 55x series is the finest production military rifle IMO. They're like owning a Rolex that shoots.
View Quote
The SIG still has slop between the upper and lower though. Like the AR, it doesn't affect accuracy however.

They have the best factory trigger of any frontline infantry rifle. Nice 2-stage.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There really isn’t anything to see. They’re both German made semiauto mp5 variants neutered for the US civilian market. They’re both very high quality. There are many many photos of the SP5K and it’s internals all over the web.

Agree re: Swiss craftsmanship. Though I would put it above that if HK. The Swiss 55x series is the finest production military rifle IMO. They’re like owning a Rolex that shoots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the Swiss workmanship exceeds that of the Hk, and is the highest quality military rifle production I have ever seen.

The bores, machining, fit, finish, and coatings are simply superb in execution.

It's like precision, mass-produced, custom work that is all standardized.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Picking up my SP5k today, I’m stoked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll pay you $1,991 for it right now!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Still looking for one. Anyone know of one in stock somewhere or even a used one for sale?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yep, I have both a Fleming Registered Sear and the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.

The SP5k and binary trigger combo is great when I want to go shooting out of state and don't have time to submit form 20 or to shoot at a range that doesn't allow full auto.

The Franklin Armory binary works GREAT on my SP5k using the original FIRE/SAFE trigger housing. It basically simulates a two-round burst. Very fast but very controllable. It also works without failure in my HK94. However, it fits very loosely in the S-E-F trigger housing I have for it.

The Fleming sear in a 4-pos trigger pack is just damn awesome!
I thought I paid too much at the time I bought it but compared to current pricing, I stole it
View Quote
Just found out I can't buy a fucking binary trigger in this shithole ass state!?

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just found out I can't buy a fucking binary trigger in this shithole ass state!?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/976/954/652.gif
View Quote
yeah, the new Florida law is ambiguous regarding it's "bump stock" definition (Thank Gov. Scott - REPUBLICAN). Franklin Armory is playing it safe by not shipping to Florida addresses.

I plan on retiring home to Florida (native) in a couple years. I will likely sell the binary trigger (if they are legal anywhere) before I move unless there is a successful challenge to the new law.

Meanwhile, illegal aliens are collecting tax payer funded welfare, felons can now vote and the "justice" system doesn't have a clue about what to do with violent criminals but somehow, YOU and ME are the problem
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
yeah, the new Florida law is ambiguous regarding it's "bump stock" definition (Thank Gov. Scott - REPUBLICAN). Franklin Armory is playing it safe by not shipping to Florida addresses.

I plan on retiring home to Florida (native) in a couple years. I will likely sell the binary trigger (if they are legal anywhere) before I move unless there is a successful challenge to the new law.

Meanwhile, illegal aliens are collecting tax payer funded welfare, felons can now vote and the "justice" system doesn't have a clue about what to do with violent criminals but somehow, YOU and ME are the problem
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/976/954/652.gif

If I wasn't basically stuck here, I'd leave and never come back. I don't know why you'd come back. This place is a shithole full of trashy pieces of shit and mosquitoes and it's turning bluer by the god damned day. Fuck this place!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Still looking for one. Anyone know of one in stock somewhere or even a used one for sale?
View Quote
Gunbroker. Lowest is $2500.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have owned clones, handled clones, and shot clones...nothing comes close to the real deal of a roller lock made by HK.   Fit and finish of the SP5K is by far the finest roller lock I own.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.................the ones I have looked at are pricey as well. I was going to get one, but have gone in another direction
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:26:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yes, the Swiss workmanship exceeds that of the Hk, and is the highest quality military rifle production I have ever seen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got to say..yep, this!  The Swiss 55X series guns are works or mechanical art.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
There’s one on HKPro right now for $2060 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn that's a good price.  if I wasn't moving.....
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought so too....if I wasn’t swimming in HK and B&T PCCs already I’d jump on it just because it’s a deal but it would be a slim Christmas for the kids....lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top