Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2020 2:01:53 PM EDT
Solved. Installed Mid Industries QD.

I have a Sig MCX that I got from a third party and the Magpul QD mount in my slingster just wont stay locked in either side. You can rotate it or pull it and it'll come off. I spoke with Sig about it and they say that its not something warranty since I did not get them from them. I also saw a product made by Poi-Tac ST-MCX which includes a hook with the QD mount but I am unsure if due my issues it will stay locked.

I dont want to replace the whole lower for something so minuscule as this. Solutions?

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you try a different sling.  Mine stays fine but I can't use it because the surrounding material is the same height as the stud hole so the sling wears all the finish off in a semi circle around the hole and I'm not willing to allow that.  Poor design.  If theyd just extended the hole out 1/16" the QD holes would be usable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you try a different sling.  Mine stays fine but I can't use it because the surrounding material is the same height as the stud hole so the sling wears all the finish off in a semi circle around the hole and I'm not willing to allow that.  Poor design.  If theyd just extended the hole out 1/16" the QD holes would be usable.
View Quote

I'll try and see another sling. If not, I think I'll be forced to buy another brace that has its own attaching system.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I had this exact issue. It was the QD Mount or maybe both being slightly out of spec but it didn't allow the ball to go deep enough. Changing to a different one solved the issue.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had this exact issue. It was the QD Mount or maybe both being slightly out of spec but it didn't allow the ball to go deep enough. Changing to a different one solved the issue.
View Quote

Which one did you changed to? I am using Magpul QD mounts on both ends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top