Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 2:41:47 PM EDT
Weighing out my options for avoiding a tax stamp for a shorter barrel, and It looks like a lot of folk just have their barrels chopped, and pin and weld a muzzle device to get the 16" OAL. My questions are, how many inches come off for the issued suppressor mount? And when you send it off to some like ADCO or PMM, do you just unscrew the entire barrel assembly and send it off? Thanks guys

Reference pic for the suppressor mount I'm considering (SCAR heavy clone correct?)
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sent my scar 16 barrel (barrel only/muzzle device) to Class 3 machining to chop down to 13.5 and surefire brake.  Awesome work and quick turn around.  From my research its best to only ship the barrel/muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I just sent my Keymount FH and barrel into Class 3 and asked them to cut/pin it as short as they could. It’s about 14” or so with my setup, and your pictured muzzle device looks at least as long as the Keymount FH.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Weighing out my options for avoiding a tax stamp for a shorter barrel, and It looks like a lot of folk just have their barrels chopped, and pin and weld a muzzle device to get the 16" OAL. My questions are, how many inches come off for the issued suppressor mount? And when you send it off to some like ADCO or PMM, do you just unscrew the entire barrel assembly and send it off? Thanks guys

Reference pic for the suppressor mount I'm considering (SCAR heavy clone correct?)
https://i.imgur.com/bEy863F.png
View Quote

The threads for the barrel basically end midway down the factory 3 prong mount so pinning is only going to add about 1.5" to oal.  Still 1.5" too short on a 13 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:

The threads for the barrel basically end midway down the factory 3 prong mount so pinning is only going to add about 1.5" to oal.  Still 1.5" too short on a 13 inch barrel.
View Quote

That helps a lot, thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top