Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:21:43 AM EDT
Anybody using a Sandman-K or S on a SCAR 17 16" and/or 13" barrel? What kind of performance are you getting? Good enough for just electronic ears? I am trying to figure which can to get, I usually just wear my Sordin Supreme X's with my SCAR and a Saker 762. The Saker is good enough for no muffs hunting but whenever I SBR (13") no matter the can I will wear my muffs even for hunting. Looking for feeeback, weight savings is about 5.9 ounces between the two. Also muzzle flash?  I was really trying to see how much reduction the K takes off as I already know the S will out perform the SCAR  it no relevant testing can be found.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the sandman S for my 17s with stock barrel. The weight is definitely noticeable, but not too bad really. I run mine as a battle rifle with a TA11 ACOG and want to keep it light and short, without sacrificing ballistics. It suppresses pretty well. Too bitey for me without ear pro. With ear plugs it was very comfortable. I have bad hearing anyways, not looking to make it any worse. Offhand follow up shots are a breeze. It feels a tad overgassed with the stock jet. After speaking to Rod at Dead Air about the K on the 17s with 16" barrel, I ordered one. Should have it in 2 months. He told me they all liked the K can with the 16" barrel. My aim is to take the concussion out, cut noise down some, and make follow up shots quicker without having the OAL too long for my liking.

If I were running my 17s in a DM role and shoot from a bipod more, Id leave the sandman S on there. From my research, I would stay away from higher blowback cans on the Scar 17. The Sandmans seem like a good match for it. Love the Sandman line and all my dead air cans!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top