Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2019 12:29:02 AM EDT
Got my SCAR last Friday.  Put the ACOG on and sighted it in Saturday and went back to the range Monday, Tuesday and yesterday.  Wife wonders what's up with my smiles all week and asks to go shoot it today.  She loved it.  Shot at some bowling balls and milk jugs all morning.  She tells my son and now we have to go back to the range tomorrow and let him shoot it, mumbling something about Fortnite and COD.

Almost through my first 320rnd case, time to hit up SG again I reckon. :)
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5

Pics not loading.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5

Pics not loading.....
View Quote
Since I mentioned the wife I should probably follow the rules (or is that just GD?).  Either way I'll try to get her to pose with it tonight and post the pics.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wife not cooperating tonight, will try again tomorrow with wine added.  Here is pic sans wife:
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll love it.  I was just out shooting mine last night...  Ive got a TA11 on my 17.   You need to get a geissele trigger.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Glitch
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#7]
This... Optic and a Geissele is all you need :-)

Quoted:
You'll love it.  I was just out shooting mine last night...  Ive got a TA11 on my 17.   You need to get a geissele trigger.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
This is all I’ve done to mine, and all I plan to do. They’re light and simple rifles and I want whatever I do to it to match that philosophy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
After a month of the family shooting the 17s, we have come to the conclusion that it is the ultimate battle rifle.  We still love our AR's but damn, the SCAR 17s just puts the smackdown on bowling balls, water jugs and all sorts of targets and is at least twice as fun to shoot than the AR's especially at 200m +.

I have had M1A's, .308 M77 bolts and AR10's and the SCAR is just better in every respect.  Maybe it's the ACOG, I don't know but on the bench, prone or just random standing plinking it rocks.

Time to hit up SG for some more food.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Agree with previous posters only I have a Timney trigger. World of difference.

T-11 is a good choice but at 3.4x power I find it lacking, especially past 200 yards. Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Geissele trigger is a must, I had two at one point, they both shot a group the size of a quarter or better at 100 yards. I’ve hunted with mine the last two years kills from 20’ to 400 yards.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Since I mentioned the wife I should probably follow the rules (or is that just GD?).  Either way I'll try to get her to pose with it tonight and post the pics.
View Quote
I am not a keyboard humper I was referring to the SCAR.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am not a keyboard humper I was referring to the SCAR.
View Quote
Here is my son yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top