Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2017 1:36:51 PM EDT
Looking to buy the FN 10” barrel for a soon to purchase 16S FDE and run an eotech XPS on it as my primary carbine.  I want to then run my currently owned 17S as a dedicated DMR with the new 1-8 Trijicon accupower variable on it.  Just finding it too expensive to shoot 7.62.

Who is the goto online retailer for the SBR barrels? Does FN sell them directly?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
dsgarms
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually answered my own question.  I called FN, they put my in contact with my local distributor, and he recommened Midwest Gunworks.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/fn-scar/barrel-assembly.html

Per FN, they have the largest in stock inventory of parts as they’re at the mercy of Belgium.  Seems to me, they have more than DSG.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Snag a 16” off the EE and send it to PMM.

There were two mint 16” barrels for $350 - I snagged one and sent it off.

Keep an eye out and they pop up.

If factory is desired then your link is gtg.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There's very little markup on FN barrel assemblies from distributor level pricing compared to what you see advertised by most retailers. As of this posting, the best deal I've encountered is Tombstone Tactical. They sell bellow MAP, so you'll have to "add to cart" to view the actual cost. I'm not affiliated, but am a repeat customer and have found them good to go in my experience.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If your not in a rush to get one your best bet is gunbroker. I snagged a new in box 10" barrel for $800. Missed one the week before that went for $730, no reserve.

Capital Armory has had a sale several times where the 10" barrel is about $816. But it doesn't happen often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top