Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2018 7:23:14 PM EDT
Finally got this approved and built. Still waiting for some parts like geissele trigger and ambi safety.
Still need an MRO and Geissele mount as well.

Anyways, got the stamp, got it put together today with a spare trigger and LPK.
QC10 large frame lower, 7.5 inch QC10 45ACP bbl, QC10 BCG, MVB industries stock with 45 buffer. Aero Handguard because it will fit a can under it. It has a flash can right now that adds 2 inches, but will eventually have a 3 lug mount that should sit just under the end of the handguard.

Test fired today and it cycles, the bolt locks back on last round. Using vector 45 mags. I'm stoked, as long as it runs once I get an optic and really test it.

Edit: corrected stock manufacturer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a nice solid build OP. How much do you have in it cost wise?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
$400 stock.
$200 lower.
$130 handguard
$200 trigger
Upper is a no forward assist from Aero, but is out of spec and will have to be changed.
$180 bbl
$250 bolt
$50 flash can
$200 stamp
$70 mag

to come:
$200 3 lug set up
$400 MRO
$85 geissele mount.

Its expensive, but I got tired of waiting for the LWRC 45 to be released, and it was still cheaper than a UMP.
Almost all the QC10 stuff was from gift cards. The handguard may change later and the upper will probably be a billet from spartan.
Also bought most of the stuff during sales so subtract 10-20%.
As long as it runs when I do more than a simple function test, worth it. Wanted a 45 PCC forever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it.

What’s wrong with the upper? Are they taking care of it for you?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Rear lug out of spec. Too wide. Tried it with a few different lowers and wouldn't fit those either.

Not bothering to return or contact them. I've bought these parts over the last year and don't even remember when I ordered it. It was all just sitting around unopened until last week.

I think it was on sale for like $50. I filed down the lug until it fit, not too worried about it. I didn't want to buy an upper spec'd for pistol caliber ejection ports until I knew the gun would cycle anyways.

The "pistol MUR" that QC10 makes to match the lower was like $300. I tried to save where I could until I could be sure it would function.

edit: the aero handguard is actually pretty nice. no problems with that. Just the slick side upper.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good.

I love my 45acp AR.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Well minor update. It shoots.

Vector 45 mags - jam’o’matic.
Korean 45 mags - sewing machine

Recoil - ridiculous. Popped loose the grip screw, optic, and surefire. Everything else was torque’d and loc-tite.

Fun level - 10
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol, had the exact opposite with the vector and Korea mags.  Want to swap ??
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well minor update. It shoots.

Vector 45 mags - jam’o’matic.
Korean 45 mags - sewing machine

Recoil - ridiculous. Popped loose the grip screw, optic, and surefire. Everything else was torque’d and loc-tite.

Fun level - 10
View Quote
I had the same experience. Same with factory 13 rounders. Cured it by snipping of the pointy tip of the follower and sanding smooth

QC10 lower. Direct impingement upper. See the thread in Pistol caliber section.

Please post more pics of other side. I am guessing blowback based on barrel and bolt?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had the same experience. Same with factory 13 rounders. Cured it by snipping of the pointy tip of the follower and sanding smooth

QC10 lower. Direct impingement upper. See the thread in Pistol caliber section.

Please post more pics of other side. I am guessing blowback based on barrel and bolt?
View Quote
Yep, blowback.

I will try trimming the vector mag a bit and see if I can get them to match the KCI mags. Glad I only bought one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lol, had the exact opposite with the vector and Korea mags.  Want to swap ??
View Quote
I'm gonna give trimming a shot, but thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Added some pics of mine and the follower mod

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/345390_-45-ACP-Conversion-Guide.html&page=20
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats a sweet looking set OP, kudos!

Now if you are really looking for an awesome setup go with an integrally suppressed barrel/suppressor combo from D3.  I have one of their builds in 9mm with the same MVB stock and its a tack driver.

https://www.d3llc.com/contact-us

While they mainly do 9mm cans I know he is also making some .45 cans as well.  Talk to Mike and tell him Ryan sent you.  He'll take care of you.

Here is a vid of theirs from SHOT this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwTZYBn-4kE&
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top