Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

SBR FAQ (Page 17 of 27)

Previous Page
/ 27
Next Page
11/20/2010 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Starting this process for the first time on Monday.

A few questions:

I'm going the trust route.  I googled for local notaries, and the UPS store up the street from me is listed.  Are they actually notaries?  That surprises me.

Saw this question posted on another page, never saw an answer.

Once we get approved, is there a time limit we have to purchase the item?  I plan on suppressing the SBR, getting both stamps started Monday, but plan on buying the suppressor a few months after I get approved, just for monetary reasons.  College hurts.  Am I allowed to just hang onto the tax stamp?

Thanks in advance.
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. http://www.nebraskafirearms.org
11/20/2010 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Starting this process for the first time on Monday.

A few questions:

I'm going the trust route.  I googled for local notaries, and the UPS store up the street from me is listed.  Are they actually notaries?  That surprises me.

Saw this question posted on another page, never saw an answer.

Once we get approved, is there a time limit we have to purchase the item?  I plan on suppressing the SBR, getting both stamps started Monday, but plan on buying the suppressor a few months after I get approved, just for monetary reasons.  College hurts.  Am I allowed to just hang onto the tax stamp?

Thanks in advance.


You purchase the NFA item before the form 4 can be submitted (& approved).  The approved form 4 allows the transfer of the NFA item to happen.
God Bless Texas
"... it's the socialism, stupid." - RL
11/21/2010 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Starting this process for the first time on Monday.

A few questions:

I'm going the trust route.  I googled for local notaries, and the UPS store up the street from me is listed.  Are they actually notaries?  That surprises me.

Saw this question posted on another page, never saw an answer.

Once we get approved, is there a time limit we have to purchase the item?  I plan on suppressing the SBR, getting both stamps started Monday, but plan on buying the suppressor a few months after I get approved, just for monetary reasons.  College hurts.  Am I allowed to just hang onto the tax stamp?

Thanks in advance.


You purchase the NFA item before the form 4 can be submitted (& approved).  The approved form 4 allows the transfer of the NFA item to happen.


Oh damn I didn't know that.  Guess I'm simply doing the SBR round 1, will have to do the suppressor in a few months then.  Thanks.
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. http://www.nebraskafirearms.org
12/31/2010 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all of the useful tips on how to fill out the form 1 (applying to register a SBR)!

I have one question regarding the citizenship form.  Do I fill out the entire thing or do I have to go to my local PD to have them certify that I am a citizen?  Line 1. is my name but I'm lost as to who is the person who "certifies" my citizenship.

Thanks for your help!!!!

32
12/31/2010 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Croft32:
Thanks for all of the useful tips on how to fill out the form 1 (applying to register a SBR)!

I have one question regarding the citizenship form.  Do I fill out the entire thing or do I have to go to my local PD to have them certify that I am a citizen?  Line 1. is my name but I'm lost as to who is the person who "certifies" my citizenship.

Thanks for your help!!!!

32

Nope. You put in your name, then you sign it. You are swearing that you are a citizen. Yeah, I know, it's weird, but it is now a standard form used for all sorts of BATFE applications.
This is Tony K, and I approved this message.
2/17/2011 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Starting this process for the first time on Monday.

A few questions:

I'm going the trust route.  I googled for local notaries, and the UPS store up the street from me is listed.  Are they actually notaries?  That surprises me.

Saw this question posted on another page, never saw an answer.

Once we get approved, is there a time limit we have to purchase the item?  I plan on suppressing the SBR, getting both stamps started Monday, but plan on buying the suppressor a few months after I get approved, just for monetary reasons.  College hurts.  Am I allowed to just hang onto the tax stamp?

Thanks in advance.


I had my forms notarized at the UPS store. It took a while to catch the notary in the store, but it was $4 for 2 forms and it was pretty painless.
2/17/2011 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By licoricenoose:
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Starting this process for the first time on Monday.

A few questions:

I'm going the trust route.  I googled for local notaries, and the UPS store up the street from me is listed.  Are they actually notaries?  That surprises me.

Saw this question posted on another page, never saw an answer.

Once we get approved, is there a time limit we have to purchase the item?  I plan on suppressing the SBR, getting both stamps started Monday, but plan on buying the suppressor a few months after I get approved, just for monetary reasons.  College hurts.  Am I allowed to just hang onto the tax stamp?

Thanks in advance.


I had my forms notarized at the UPS store. It took a while to catch the notary in the store, but it was $4 for 2 forms and it was pretty painless.


Exactly what I did.  Thanks.
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. http://www.nebraskafirearms.org
2/20/2011 12:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyApproved][Edited] [#8]
moved
2/20/2011 9:24:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Halligan-HCFR][Edited] [#9]
When using a trust to apply for an SBR what exactly do I send in with my Form 1? If I'm understanding correctly just the Form 1 and a complete copy of the trust are required, no photos, no fingerprints. Also on the Form 1 is a trust considered a (Individual) or (corporation or other business entity)? Lastly the check I submit needs to be made out from the Trust name to Department of Justice? I'm sorry if this is posted in the FAQ somewhere I didn't see it and didn't notice in browsing the responses.

think I have found some of the answers, I need Form 1 in duplicate marked corporation or other, along with one copy of the Trust, still not sure about the check though
2/20/2011 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Halligan-HCFR:
When using a trust to apply for an SBR what exactly do I send in with my Form 1? If I'm understanding correctly just the Form 1 and a complete copy of the trust are required, no photos, no fingerprints. Also on the Form 1 is a trust considered a (Individual) or (corporation or other business entity)? A trust is an "other" entity. Lastly the check I submit needs to be made out from the Trust name to Department of Justice? I'm sorry if this is posted in the FAQ somewhere I didn't see it and didn't notice in browsing the responses. The check doesn not have to be from the trust –– ATF does not care who is paying the fee, as long as the check is good. You also may make it out to either the DOJ or ATF –– they will cash it either way.

think I have found some of the answers, I need Form 1 in duplicate marked corporation or other, along with one copy of the Trust, still not sure about the check though


This is Tony K, and I approved this message.
2/23/2011 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Also as a Trust I list myself (the trustee) as the manufacturer, not the actual lower reciever manufacturer i.e. Smith and Wesson, RRA, Spike? Thanks


Seems like we almost need a new, cleaned up tacked thread there is alot of conflicting and old info in this one. Maybe even with specific directions for Trusts, Corporations and LEO's.
2/27/2011 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]
YMMV, but the lawyer I paid to create my trust said that the check for the tax stamp needs to be from the trust.  So I went to my bank and opened up a free saving account in the name of my trust (which required that they get a copy of the trust paperwork).  I have already used my trust to get two Form 1's for SBR's and am now waiting for a Form 3 to arrive at the local Class 3 dealer, at which time I will do a Form 4 for the suppressor.
2/27/2011 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By rca256:
YMMV, but the lawyer I paid to create my trust said that the check for the tax stamp needs to be from the trust.  So I went to my bank and opened up a free saving account in the name of my trust (which required that they get a copy of the trust paperwork).  I have already used my trust to get two Form 1's for SBR's and am now waiting for a Form 3 to arrive at the local Class 3 dealer, at which time I will do a Form 4 for the suppressor.


How much did your lawyer charge you for setting up the trust? You could have just went to best buy and bought quicken will maker and done the trust yourself.  Very easy to do.  I just wrote a check using my personal checking account and did not have to be from the trust.
2/27/2011 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Halligan-HCFR:
Also as a Trust I list myself (the trustee) as the manufacturer, not the actual lower reciever manufacturer i.e. Smith and Wesson, RRA, Spike? Thanks


Seems like we almost need a new, cleaned up tacked thread there is alot of conflicting and old info in this one. Maybe even with specific directions for Trusts, Corporations and LEO's.


Actual receiver manufacturuer, not your trust
3/11/2011 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#15]
First time Form 1er

If I have had my local dealer do my past two Form 4s as a Trust, should that paperwork work the same for a Form 1?
That would be awesome if I didn't have to pay a lawyer for help.

Thanks,
John
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
3/11/2011 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Im confused? Can I turn my post ban rifle into a sbr ????????
3/11/2011 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
First time Form 1er

If I have had my local dealer do my past two Form 4s as a Trust, should that paperwork work the same for a Form 1?
That would be awesome if I didn't have to pay a lawyer for help.

Thanks,
John


A trust can make (form 1) a NFA firearm.  If you've transferred items (form 4) to the trust, then it should be able to be used the same with a form 1.
God Bless Texas
"... it's the socialism, stupid." - RL
3/11/2011 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jackwagon:
Im confused? Can I turn my post ban rifle into a sbr ????????


As long as your state doesn't have a law against it, you should be able to.
God Bless Texas
"... it's the socialism, stupid." - RL
3/17/2011 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, filling out my Form 1 tonight.

Doing this as a Trust.
Questions:
Can I use the existing manufacturer's serial number for the Form 1?
My lower is marked POF USA. Do I use that or Patriot Ordnance Factory for the Name and Location of Org. Man.?
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
3/17/2011 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Ok, filling out my Form 1 tonight.

Doing this as a Trust.
Questions:
Can I use the existing manufacturer's serial number for the Form 1? Yes. In fact, ATF strongly suggests that you do so.
My lower is marked POF USA. Do I use that or Patriot Ordnance Factory for the Name and Location of Org. Man.? It prolly would be eventually approved either way, but approval might go faster/smoother if you spell out the entire name.


This is Tony K, and I approved this message.
3/17/2011 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tony_k:
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Ok, filling out my Form 1 tonight.

Doing this as a Trust.
Questions:
Can I use the existing manufacturer's serial number for the Form 1? Yes. In fact, ATF strongly suggests that you do so.
My lower is marked POF USA. Do I use that or Patriot Ordnance Factory for the Name and Location of Org. Man.? It prolly would be eventually approved either way, but approval might go faster/smoother if you spell out the entire name.




Gracias Senior

I am going to upload a scanned copy of what I have typed up for a reference.
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
3/18/2011 2:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YukonBoy03][Edited] [#22]
In the case of a Trust, is the  5330.20 still necessary?

and if so, the name under which the application was filed (for the Certification of Compliance) is your personal name, not the name of your Trust, right?

Just want to eliminate any issue.

Thanks everyone!
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
3/28/2011 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm thinking about getting a SBR. i have read the FAQ and i have a few questions. as i understand it you can put multiple calibers, so you could be in possession of multiple uppers as long as you have the SBR lower and they were only put on the SBR lower or a pistol lower right?

the next thing is can i fill out a trust to have a SBR much like you can do with a silencer? and who is the chief Leo? is it the city you live in or your county sheriff? and is it wise to contact them before you have any paperwork ready to see if they will in fact sign off on it?

the reason i ask is that i live in a smaller town were most people around see the AR15 rifle as a gun that is only used to kill people one guy i know goes as far as calling them "neighbor killers"  so that should help you see the climate i live in when it comes to guns and all the Fuds at the ranges around here who cant answer me when they say you shouldn't  have a ar15 and i ask them what is the different between your Remington 700 and a sniper rifle? they really hate that question.
3/29/2011 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#24]




Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

In the case of a Trust, is the 5330.20 still necessary?



and if so, the name under which the application was filed (for the Certification of Compliance) is your personal name, not the name of your Trust, right?



Just want to eliminate any issue.



Thanks everyone!


I was told by an ATF Examiner last week that it was NOT neccessary to send in a Certification of Compliance when doing a Trust. I was checking the status on 4 suppressors done Form 1 on a Trust. SHe not only helped out but also told me since everything was there she would approve the forms that day and mail them out the next day.

KEEP means it's mine and you can't have it.
BEAR means I've got it right here on me.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means Fuck You. Drive safely.


_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
3/29/2011 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By UH_SALT_RIFLE:

Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
In the case of a Trust, is the 5330.20 still necessary?

and if so, the name under which the application was filed (for the Certification of Compliance) is your personal name, not the name of your Trust, right?

Just want to eliminate any issue.

Thanks everyone!

I was told by an ATF Examiner last week that it was NOT neccessary to send in a Certification of Compliance when doing a Trust. I was checking the status on 4 suppressors done Form 1 on a Trust. SHe not only helped out but also told me since everything was there she would approve the forms that day and mail them out the next day.


And do you know her extension?
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
3/29/2011 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#26]
re: 5330.20s and trusts –– Guys, get a grip!

Certs of Compliance are not required for trusts. Nor for corps or LLCs.

But: It's not uncommon for new examiners to not realize this. And then you have the Monday Morning or Friday Afternoon situations, where an experienced examiner has just processed 75 individual forms with 30.20s included, opens one (trust) packet with no form, automatically puts it aside for review and immediately goes on to the next, before realizing at some later time that the 30.20 was not needed, and he/she can dig through the pile and restart on that one. Yes, examiners are human, and have D'Oh! moments.

Is that what you want?

The Form 5330.20 is one sheet. I have a pre-filled .pdf that I print out, date and sign. Takes six seconds. And then I don't have to worry.

Really, if someone told me there is a one-in-ten-thousand chance that including a photo of Lassie would speed up my Form 1/4 by a few minutes, I would include a photo of Lassie in every application packet.

No one has ever had a Form 1/4 delayed for including too much supporting documentation.

Now, putting too much unrequired info on a Form 1, like your proposed engraving, is another matter –– is can, and often does, slow things down.

But including a 5330.20 when one is not needed?

This is Tony K, and I approved this message.
3/30/2011 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tony_k:
re: 5330.20s and trusts –– No one has ever had a Form 1/4 delayed for including too much supporting documentation.



good deal
'Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair, I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly. We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you.' Sir Henry Morgan
3/30/2011 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#28]
The links to From 1 and others in the original post are no longer working. I 'think' I saw links to them elsewhere in this thread, but can locate them now. On the ATF websiite I dont see a link directly called "Application to Manufacture Firearm" as I think I've seen this Form 1 referred to. I did find form atf-f-5320.2 "Notice of Firearms Manufactured or Imported". Is this the form I need to complete to build a SBR? (along with cert. of compliance 5330.20 which I believe is correct for certification of citizenship. Can I download the fingerprint cards or do I have to order them? Maybe I have to order everything and what I'm finding is all wrong... head is spinning a bit from information overload to be honest.
3/31/2011 6:44:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LBrunson][Edited] [#29]
Alright, I think I've looked till I've found my answers.

Form 1

Certification of Compliance - Citizenship

Fingerprint cards as far as I can tell, cant be downloaded, have to be ordered. I wouldn't be able to print them on card stock like would probably be required anyway if I could download them.
ATF Order form site
All forms can also be ordered here if you don't want to d/l the forms.
Form 1 - F 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm
Cert. of Compliance - F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
Finger print cards - FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI WVATF0800

This may all be posted somewhere else in this thread, but I couldn't find them when scanning back through ALL that I had read... to much info But real glad it's here.
Maybe someone else will find the info useful.

edit––––––––––––––––––-

I've also seen a lot of questions about where to send. Address, at least current address is near the top of Form 1
National Firearms Act Branch
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
244 Needy Road, Suite 1250
Martinsburg, WV 25405
4/3/2011 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#30]
should i put multiple calibers on atf form 1 OR just 5.56 nato
4/18/2011 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jbw76:
should i put multiple calibers on atf form 1 OR just 5.56 nato


Just one caliber.
NRA Life Member..... Μολὼν λαβέ"
4/19/2011 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#32]




Originally Posted By wildturl1:



Originally Posted By jbw76:

should i put multiple calibers on atf form 1 OR just 5.56 nato




Just one caliber.










Mine went through with multi caliber. YMMV.

KEEP means it's mine and you can't have it.
BEAR means I've got it right here on me.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means Fuck You. Drive safely.


_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
5/1/2011 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I work for a class 3 dealer and we just had a stamp returned because "Multi is not a caliber" according to the ATF.  Our inspector told us that they would no longer accept Multi as a caliber.
5/2/2011 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#34]




Originally Posted By CHOIRBOY240:

I work for a class 3 dealer and we just had a stamp returned because "Multi is not a caliber" according to the ATF. Our inspector told us that they would no longer accept Multi as a caliber.




Let me rephrase what I did, I put actual calibers that differed on the form i.e. 223, .22, etc. not just MULTI
KEEP means it's mine and you can't have it.
BEAR means I've got it right here on me.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means Fuck You. Drive safely.


_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
5/4/2011 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#35]
so how long after they cash the check does it take to show up in the mail, got my bank statement last week and they did take the $
5/14/2011 12:45:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sinlessorrow][Edited] [#36]
hey, i have a few questions about filling out the form
im wanting to make a SBR and im confused about these 2 parts

for 4D(model) what do i put there? like ar-15?
also for 4F(overall length) should i do something like 20-40"?

also do i need to print and fill out 2 copies of each form and send both identical forms(citizenship and form1) to the ATF?
and lastly do the pages need to be front and back for the form-1? so its what 2 pages long?

sry for the newbie questions
5/14/2011 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
hey, i have a few questions about filling out the form
im wanting to make a SBR and im confused about these 2 parts

for 4D(model) what do i put there? like ar-15?
also for 4F(overall length) should i do something like 20-40"?
Use the model on the receiver (example: stag arms lower =Stag 15
Overall length is measured stock full extended to muzzle minus removable muzzle device
also do i need to print and fill out 2 copies of each form and send both identical forms(citizenship and form1) to the ATF?
and lastly do the pages need to be front and back for the form-1? so its what 2 pages long?
Yes two copies of each form, double sided copy
sry for the newbie questions



Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev
5/14/2011 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TOMR67:
so how long after they cash the check does it take to show up in the mail, got my bank statement last week and they did take the $


Wait times are relative to time submitted, the examiner, current workload, random chance, etc

You're in from 45-180 days unless an extreme oddity happens
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev
5/14/2011 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
hey, i have a few questions about filling out the form
im wanting to make a SBR and im confused about these 2 parts

for 4D(model) what do i put there? like ar-15?
also for 4F(overall length) should i do something like 20-40"?
Use the model on the receiver (example: stag arms lower =Stag 15
Overall length is measured stock full extended to muzzle minus removable muzzle device
also do i need to print and fill out 2 copies of each form and send both identical forms(citizenship and form1) to the ATF?
and lastly do the pages need to be front and back for the form-1? so its what 2 pages long?
Yes two copies of each form, double sided copy
sry for the newbie questions



Thanks for the help, last thing does each copy get one photo and one set of prints? Or do i just attach both sets to the first copy


5/14/2011 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Affix 1 photo to each form

And dont affix the finger print cards (I don't anyway)
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev
5/17/2011 1:48:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Affix 1 photo to each form

And dont affix the finger print cards (I don't anyway)


ok i printed out my forms today and after looking at the actual ATF form i realized i have a bunch of, click here to enter this.

is the form 1 supposed to be filled out on the computer or in ink like the citizenship is?
5/17/2011 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Affix 1 photo to each form

And dont affix the finger print cards (I don't anyway)


ok i printed out my forms today and after looking at the actual ATF form i realized i have a bunch of, click here to enter this.

is the form 1 supposed to be filled out on the computer or in ink like the citizenship is?


You can do either. If writing, just print nicely
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev
5/17/2011 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Affix 1 photo to each form

And dont affix the finger print cards (I don't anyway)


ok i printed out my forms today and after looking at the actual ATF form i realized i have a bunch of, click here to enter this.

is the form 1 supposed to be filled out on the computer or in ink like the citizenship is?


You can do either. If writing, just print nicely


Awsome good to know cause i have handwriting like a doctor
5/23/2011 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Three questions

1) my intent is to build a sbr so do I answer Box 4b.Short Barrel Rifle?

2) if I intend on using multiple uppers, how would I answer box 4e.? Is it acceptable to answer with  "10-6" or "under 16" ? Or do I have to choose just one length and build two separate sbrs?

3) how can I give them the over all length if I can't build it until I receive the tax stamp? Is it acceptable to answer "less than 26 inches"? Or do I need to assemble the rifle to measure it then take it apart until I receive my tax stamp?

5/23/2011 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Loose_Cannon:
Three questions

1) my intent is to build a sbr so do I answer Box 4b.Short Barrel Rifle?
Yes

2) if I intend on using multiple uppers, how would I answer box 4e.? Is it acceptable to answer with  "10-6" or "under 16" ? Or do I have to choose just one length and build two separate sbrs?
Just choose one length, the other uppers will be spares

3) how can I give them the over all length if I can't build it until I receive the tax stamp? Is it acceptable to answer "less than 26 inches"? Or do I need to assemble the rifle to measure it then take it apart until I receive my tax stamp?
You can ask here, or you can measure down from a 16" gun. Remember measurements are stock fully extended, no muzzle device.



Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev
5/23/2011 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#46]
hey friendly one more question, under manufacturer, since i use a spikes gun do i just put

spikes tactical
apopka, fl

or do i need their entire address
5/23/2011 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
hey friendly one more question, under manufacturer, since i use a spikes gun do i just put

spikes tactical
apopka, fl

or do i need their entire address


You would put whatever is on the lower

If  Spikes Tactical  Apopka, FL. Is what's on the lower, that is what you'd put. You can add USA if you'd like.. That's what I did to mine but it's not a required addition.

Example: Stag Arms
               New Britain, CT
               USA
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev
5/23/2011 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
hey friendly one more question, under manufacturer, since i use a spikes gun do i just put

spikes tactical
apopka, fl

or do i need their entire address


You would put whatever is on the lower

If  Spikes Tactical  Apopka, FL. Is what's on the lower, that is what you'd put. You can add USA if you'd like.. That's what I did to mine but it's not a required addition.

Example: Stag Arms
               New Britain, CT
               USA


awsome good to know, now all my forms are filled out, see im smarter than the average bear
5/23/2011 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
hey friendly one more question, under manufacturer, since i use a spikes gun do i just put

spikes tactical
apopka, fl

or do i need their entire address


You would put whatever is on the lower

If  Spikes Tactical  Apopka, FL. Is what's on the lower, that is what you'd put. You can add USA if you'd like.. That's what I did to mine but it's not a required addition.

Example: Stag Arms
               New Britain, CT
               USA


awsome good to know, now all my forms are filled out, see im smarter than the average bear


Now send that puppy out and let the wait begin
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
-Nikita Khrushchev
5/24/2011 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Originally Posted By Loose_Cannon:
Three questions

1) my intent is to build a sbr so do I answer Box 4b.Short Barrel Rifle?
Yes

2) if I intend on using multiple uppers, how would I answer box 4e.? Is it acceptable to answer with  "10-6" or "under 16" ? Or do I have to choose just one length and build two separate sbrs?
Just choose one length, the other uppers will be spares

3) how can I give them the over all length if I can't build it until I receive the tax stamp? Is it acceptable to answer "less than 26 inches"? Or do I need to assemble the rifle to measure it then take it apart until I receive my tax stamp?
You can ask here, or you can measure down from a 16" gun. Remember measurements are stock fully extended, no muzzle device.




thanks for the help!



Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 27
Next Page

SBR FAQ (Page 17 of 27)

Armory Sponsor