Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2018 8:13:08 PM EDT
I took my MPX to the range today. This is my second attempt with weapon. What a mess. I read that it must be broke in so I shot about 500 rds of American Eagle 124 grain fmj, Winchester 124 grain fmj nato +p ammo through it and Speer 124 grain hp gold dot. I finally got the American Eagle to work pretty much in it on the last 100 rds everything else short stroked on about every 3 to 5 rd. It did not chamber.

I say short stroked it cocked the hammer but the round did not chamber. It was caught right at the feed ramp. Like there was not enough ump to feed it into the chamber. Dropped mag wiggled rd into chamber. Fired a few rounds and the same thing happened. Did this with every mag. So it was not a mag issue

I finally gave up. I even cleaned it in between shooting. I did replace the orings also in the gas chamber and made sure it was oil free and carbon free.

I'll clean and try it again. But I dont get it. The Winchester and gold dot is much hotter ammo and it would not chamber. The America eagle is more subsonic and quiter.

Then to top everything else off. When I went to load up. The SB collapsible brace is stuck in the open position. The button you push will not push in all the way to allow the brace to retract. I ABSOLUTELY did not bang it against anything, drop the weapon or anything. I just shoulder it and shot it. About 500 rds.

Is there a locking screw on there that locks the brace in the open position that maybe tighten up while shooting it.

Also any ideas on why it will only shoot the lesser powered ammo. I see you guys shooting everything pretty much. To me it seems if anything thing it'd not shoot the ammo that had less power instead of the ammo with way more power.

You'd think on the amount of money these things cost as compared to the scorpions they'd run flawlessly right out the box. I've bought and I'm not joking. Hundreds of weapon in my life time. I've never had this much of a problem trouble shooting a weapon to get it to work.

I'm not joking before going back the second time (today) I went through this weapon with a fine tooth comb. I cleaned every nook and cranny, check orings and even replaced them just to be on the safe side.  Took my time assembling the piston chamber to make sure I did not bend the orings. I've probably built over 100 various weapons and I have a great work shop and tooks to work on guns.

But this weapon has me dumbfounded.

So I'm asking you guys that hay have had the same issues and resolved your issues with weapon and THE STOCK

I did not want to force the stock and break it. I tried googling to see if there had been issues with the stock locking in the open position and got zero hit.

So please....I'll try anything and truely appreciate any help I get. I really like this gun

Thanks
Sincerely
Mack
Firemedic2000

Thinking about removing a little off feed ramps and polishing the ramps to see if it allows the rds to feed better from mags. It's almost like the angle is to steep on the feed ramps coming from mags causing rds to not feed properly into chamber. Like removing a 1000th at a time shoot until it feeds
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not do anything to the gun. I think you should contact SIG SAUER about this issue. I agree that you should not be having to deal with these problems. They are very expensive and the general rule is you get what you pay for. Second is the brace to be honest I bought one of these braces and sold it not a fan the amount of play in the brace drove me crazy. I sent in my paperwork and now have an SBR which I can use a Stock ANY stock I want, which is the best way to go. I also cut it down from 8" to 4.5" which makes this little package awesome.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny thing with the brace. I fired around 500 rds that day and the weapon got pretty warm. I did break it apart and oil at intervals. I fired suppressed and unsuppressed.

Either way the brace absolutely would not collapse. No matter how much I tried to manipulate the button it just would not work.

That being said, after I sit the MPX next to the safe (I'd not cleaned it yet so it did not go in to safe) the next day the brace worked just fine.

My assumption is that once the brace gets hot (heats up to a certain temperature) the mechanism that that control's the operation of allowing it to function as a collapsible brace expands from the heat and locks it up. Because once it cooled down it operated as it did before it got hot from firing 500 rds of various ammo.

So this is information that you guys should be aware of if this ever happens to you. It's not broken, it's just hit and when it cools down it will work just fine. I was just trying to break the SIG MPX in as per the tons of posts that were done here on ARFCOM as stated that the weapon should have at least 200 to 500 rds fired through it to break it in if we were having feeding problems and that doing so shoukd correct it. Uh yeah right.

Well I did this and to absolutely no avail. Sure it fires the American Eagle 124 grain fmj but that's all it does. Even then I need to double check that because I absolutely would not trust this piece of junk with my life.

I've built well up into over 300 rifles in my life time and lost track of the number of weapons I've bought. But if I had to guess money wise and I swear to this. I'd say conservatively in the last 30 years I've bought and sold  easily over 250k in guns and parts .

This has to be in the top 10 worst rifles as far, no I'd say top 5 weapons I've bought. Sure for the most part some here may have had no problems. But after the issues I had and am are still having.  This is not some off the wall no name gun. This id a SIG SAUER which are SUPPOST TO BE GREAT FIREARMS
But after I dove into and started doing research on this weapon.

It has a ton of problems with it. Plus what they are selling it for. SIG was replying strictly off of their name to push a gun stocked full of problems that should have never been released.  Just like their other weapon the SIG P320/M17 now I'm not singling SIG out because here lately they are not the only ones to do it. But SIG is the ONLY ONES THAT CHARGES CADILLAC PRICES FOR PIECES OF JUNK then says send it in. WTF we don't want to pay these kind of prices then have to send it in to get the damn gun to even cycle past 2 rds.

This is nonsense that these manufacturers are releasing junk guns and YES THAT'S ABSOLUTELY WHAT THEY ARE IF YOU CAN'T SHOOT THEM RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX WITHOUT FIRST HAVING TO SEND THEM BACK TO THE MANUFACTURER TO GET IT TO FIRE. JUNK GUNS, WHEN I CAN BUY ONE FOR HALF THE PRICE THAT WILL SMOKE IT.

SEND IT BACK TO THR MANUFACTURER. B.S. I JUST BOUGHT IT AS WELL HAS ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN TOLD THE EXACT SAME THING. SEND IT BACK TO THE MANUFACTURER.

I WILL SAY THIS FROM WHAT I'VE READ IN REVIEWS THE GEN 1 MPXs ARE ALOT BETTER FOR SOME REASON THAN THE GEN2s AS FAR OPERATING RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX AND CYCLING DIFFERENT AMMUNITIONS. THE GEN2 MPXs FROM ALL THE REVIEWS I'VE READ HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FOR THE MOST PART. THE FIX.....SEND A BRAND NEW GUN RIGHT BACK TO THE MANUFACTURER. YOU GOOGLE IT  

I know I'm ranting like a drunken sailor and all. But this is absolutely ridiculous. That a company like SIG SAUER would release a weapon like the MPX and even the M17/P320 knowing that for the most part it does not work. Then to add insult to i jury.  Sell it for the price they do. Especially after all of the marketing hype they did on it as being the gun to replace the HK MP5 as it stand right now. Only in their dreams. Hell with what I have in this MPX and accessories I could have bought an MP5 clone from Atlantic

The SIG MPX GEN2 IS JUNK WHEN YOU BUY IT TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX SHOOT IT AND EVERY 2 TO 4 RDS IT JAMS. EVEN AFTER BREAKING IT IN WITH OVER 600 RDS OF VARIOUS AMMUNITION. THAT'S SOMETHING ELSE TO THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF. WASTING THAT MUCH AMMO ON THIS POS AND IT STILL WILL NOT WORK.

People bought this/these weapons
1. Because of name recognition
2. The weapon just looks to damn good
3. Did I mention because it's a SIG SAUER and people were expecting quality.

We were lied to taken advantage of and treated like fools by them selling their mags the gen 1 and gen 2 at such a hugh price difference for just an 1/8th inch of more metal sdded to the feed lips. That's  all that was done to the mags the only difference. But color us stupid. When I can buy a gen1 mag for 19.00 and for that 1/8th of extra metal on the feed lips and calling it a GEN2 mag 60.00 dollars. Again I know all about FREE MARKETING AND FREE ENTERPRISE.  But really come on here 19.00 dollars for a GEN1 and 60.00 dollars for a GEN2 hell you can catch the GEN1 on sell for 14.00 but wtf the GEN2 MPX doesn't work so I won't be buying much right now. Plus the GEN1s worked just fine with the AE there at the end.

I'm so damn aggravated that I spent this kind of money on a damn gun and it does not work. Again I know some people got lucky. From what I read for the most part the gen 1 MPX operates far superior to the gen 2 from the feedback That's been posted on line at various sights. Plus the mag thing really aggravates me in the price difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 for what very very very modification that was done.

But hey we can spend the big bucks on this gun along with all the add ons and the stupidly over priced magazines. Clean it lube it pamper it like a baby get it to the range all excited about this beautiful work of art. Then pull the trigger.  
Clean it like you've never cleaned a gun before. Change out all the orings do everything you can think of and still it will go

Then get told to send it back to the manufacturer to have a brand spanking new gun worked on to just get it to fire. Myself and the thousands of others that bought it.

I wish I'd done my due diligence like I  alway.....ALWAYS HAVE DONE IN THE PAST. But nope not this time. I just read a very few posts that stated how much they liked their MPX here. I should have like always had did my research everywhere. If I had this weapon would have never gotten bought.

I will say this. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SIG SAUER PRODUCT EVER AGAIN. THEIR QUALITY HAS GONE FROM A 10 TO A ZERO IN MY BOOK. I'VE NEVER BOUGHT A GUN THAT OPERATED AS BADLY AS THIS GUN IN MY LIFE.  Now to clarify. I've never bought gun that cost this much and from a quality manufacturer that operated or should I say lacks the ability to operated as this one.

SIG has lost my business not that it matters to them. But let me put it into numbers for them. It's been proven that over a persons life time. They will on an average. Make 250 close friends. Not intimate friends, but close friends that they will talk with and do things with at some point.

Now those 250 friends each will also make the same equal number of friends and so forth. You do the math. So if someone is discontent with something they bought, a company he tells his 250 friends what happened and why he's discontent with so said company.

Now his 250 friends in their conversations with their 250 friends each and so forth and so forth will tell their friends if the conversation turns to guns. For instance do not buy a SIG because I have a friend they did this to and their quality has taken s nose dive.

Then that friend does the same thingand tells his friend. Then that friend tells his friend and the ball keeps rolling.  You get the picture.  Word of mouth is the best advertising there is. It can and has killed businesses.

I really hope SIG SAUER IS READING THIS BECAUSE BESIDES ALL THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YOUR GETTING ON LINE OF WHICH YOUR TROLLS ARE TRYING TO CLEAN UP THIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.  NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO SIG SAUER TROLLS CAN NOT APPROACH WORD OF MOUTH PEOPLE. BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT COME INTO THE HOMES ON A ONE ON ONE FRIEND APPROACH. FRIENDS TRUST FRIENDS WHEN IT COMES TO WORD OF MOUTH BUYING ADVICE. YOU ARE SCREWED HERE

No one wants to pay for an over priced gun and mags and right out of the box send it right back to the manufacturer. It should have been right before ever leaving your plants. Not send it back. But hey I'm not the only one that's really upset. Just google it.

I'll figure the problem out myself and fix it. I'm not about to waste my time and money to send my gun back. It's gotta be a simple fix. I bet your quite aware already what the problem is and already know the fix. I bet that you knew about the problem before the guns ever shipped but did not want to pull them to correct the problem before selling them to the public. You should post the fix. Either way screw you. You'll never get another dime of my money.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
A quick Google search shows what appears to be a fairly large number of problems, however your argument does not hold water.
Many of these complaints are cross posted on numerous different forums so they show up several times in a Google search, but even if that weren't the case the track record for the gun is overall very good.
Consider you find a few hundred complaints online, compare that to the sheer volume of guns that have been produced, and you will find that the percentage of problem guns is very small indeed.
As an example I did a quick search of videos on YouTube and the overwhelming majority are quite positive. A further search of videos shows no discernible difference in satisfaction levels between Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns, which further deflates any legitimate claim of an inordinate amount of problems with the platform.

I think it obvious that you are quite distraught, and I would be upset as well, however why are you so hesitant to send it back on their dime and let them remedy the problem instead of continue to stress over it?
You mention building over 300 guns and having had more guns than you could remember, so surely this can't be the first firearm you have encountered that had issues.

Quite honestly, your rants come off as a person who would likely find fault with any remedy that Sig offered you and only serve to show that a calm, rational approach is likely going to be much more productive than you're continued ramblings and veiled threats to destroy their customer base.

Good luck and give them a chance!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah what ever who do you work for. The damn guns a pcs of crap. This is the first time I have EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT A FIREARM EVER ON ARFCOM. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME. SO SHOVE IT. and I've been here since 2006.

Tell Sig they built a pce of crap
Quite honestly, your rants come off as a person who would likely find fault with any remedy that Sig offered you and only serve to show that a calm, rational approach is likely going to be much more productive than you're continued ramblings and veiled threats to destroy their customer base. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah what ever who do you work for. The damn guns a pcs of crap. This is the first time I have EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT A FIREARM EVER ON ARFCOM. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME. SO SHOVE IT. and I've been here since 2006.

Tell Sig they built a pce of crap
View Quote
Once again, why are you so hesitant to let Sig attempt to take care of the issue?
What do you gain by stressing so much about the gun not functioning versus getting it taken care of?
I would hope that eventually you will calm down enough to see that a possible solution is a phone call away.

As for your possible insinuation that I work for, or represent Sig, I do not. I have been disabled for over a decade so I'm just a lowly house husband.

As before, wish you the best in getting this solved.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I personally think you work or have somd sort affiliation or vested interest in SIG and this is your soul reason for posting to my post. Therefore dont bother posting again because I'm adding you to my ignore list.

The point is not that the weapon can be sent back to SIG to be made to operate. The point is that SIG even release a gun so fault with problems on such a scale as this in the first place. You said that these posts I've read on the internet and even here on arfcom are reposts and that these problems are being over exaggerated by people.

You could fill a book from the complaints on SIG products if late and I'm far from the first or will be the last to complain.

That I'm wrong for expressing my frustrations with this weapon. Again buddy I've been on arfcom for 12 years and this is my first post ever complaining about a gun and you say above in your first post what you did. Please just go away.

I guess the problem with the P320/M17 was over exaggerated and reposts also. SIG knew these weapons had problems yet released them anyways with intent of fixing them later. SIG deserves every bit of bad publicity they get. I'm being unfair, SIG was unfair for releasing a product they KNEW WAS GARBAGE AND TAKING PEOPLES MONEY  and your answer is send it back.

That's not the point. The point is THEY knew it should have been released in the first place and no these complaints I've read online are not reposts by the same people like your saying they are. These are good people that spent their hard earned money on a product that was hyped up by SIG and was lied to.

Now the MPX GEN1 from what I've read is pretty much a good weapon. But some how they screw up this weapon when they did the GEN2

If I can't get it to work of coarse it will have to go back. It COST WAY TO MUCH MONEY.  STILL I'LL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY ON AN OVER PRICED SIG PRODUCT AGAIN.

Again don't reply I think you have some sort of vested interest in SIG some how. You are defending them to hard. So I added you to my ignore list.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I personally think you work or have somd sort affiliation or vested interest in SIG and this is your soul reason for posting to my post. Therefore dont bother posting again because I'm adding you to my ignore list.

The point is not that the weapon can be sent back to SIG to be made to operate. The point is that SIG even release a gun so fault with problems on such a scale as this in the first place. You said that these posts I've read on the internet and even here on arfcom are reposts and that these problems are being over exaggerated by people.

You could fill a book from the complaints on SIG products if late and I'm far from the first or will be the last to complain.

That I'm wrong for expressing my frustrations with this weapon. Again buddy I've been on arfcom for 12 years and this is my first post ever complaining about a gun and you say above in your first post what you did. Please just go away.

I guess the problem with the P320/M17 was over exaggerated and reposts also. SIG knew these weapons had problems yet released them anyways with intent of fixing them later. SIG deserves every bit of bad publicity they get. I'm being unfair, SIG was unfair for releasing a product they KNEW WAS GARBAGE AND TAKING PEOPLES MONEY  and your answer is send it back.

That's not the point. The point is THEY knew it should have been released in the first place and no these complaints I've read online are not reposts by the same people like your saying they are. These are good people that spent their hard earned money on a product that was hyped up by SIG and was lied to.

Now the MPX GEN1 from what I've read is pretty much a good weapon. But some how they screw up this weapon when they did the GEN2

If I can't get it to work of coarse it will have to go back. It COST WAY TO MUCH MONEY.  STILL I'LL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY ON AN OVER PRICED SIG PRODUCT AGAIN.

Again don't reply I think you have some sort of vested interest in SIG some how. You are defending them to hard. So I added you to my ignore list.
View Quote
Your most recent post once again shows that you are so angry about your experience that you aren't being rational.
I get it, I'd be upset as well, but your unrealistic notion that the platform as a whole is experiencing an unprecedented number of complaints simply isn't realistic.
You are overlooking the fact that Sig is cranking out these guns to meet the sheer demand, yet where are the thousands of dissatisfied owners. To answer my own question, there isn't. What you have is a small amount of owners (compared to the number of guns being produced) who purchased guns that simply don't work as intended. It's simple mathematics, and I'm sorry it offends you, but it's reality.

Also I never said the problem some owners were having is over exaggerated.
What I said is the Google hits do not accurately reflect the number of problems as a whole since many gun enthusiasts post on several different websites, which in turn inevitably shows on a Google search.

As mentioned, I have no affiliation past or present with Sig other than purchasing their products over the years.
In fact, I sent my P238 back when I first bought it due to some machining marks On the frame that bothered me. Their solution was to send me a flawless new gun in less three weeks. Another example is when I stripped a grip screw hole in my P938 and they replaced the entire gun free of charge despite me telling them it was MY FAULT.

If it seems I am a staunch supporter of Sig it's because I am. They have stood by their products better than any manufacturer (with the exception of Daniel Defense) that I have ever had to rely on.
Sure Sig has seen its share of problems but in my experience they will make it right.

I am truly sorry you are taking my input personally, however reading how upset you are I completely understand. Hopefully once everything gets taken care of you'll see that I had no malicious intent and was simply trying to encourage you to take advantage of Sig's customer service instead of continuing to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

This Gen 1 has had zero malfunctions.   Maybe a couple thousand rounds now?  Meh, I can't remember.  Love the price of cheap mags though.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll be blunt here dude. You don't sound like a normal rational person. You are like 2 beers from that guy who cut his spikes lower in half. My gen 2 mpx sucked when I got it. It was a bad extractor spring. If you make thousands and thousands of something sometimes shit breaks or isn't right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top