Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2018 9:29:56 PM EDT
After many years of being subjected to anti-shotty tyranny here in WA, I'm moving to the great state of TX later this year. I have a Saiga 12 that I plan on making an SBS first. The question: If I get an approved form 1 and chop the bbl off myself to sub-18", I can then send it to a 'smith to complete the functional conversion to a 10" gun, correct? It's already an SBS once the bbl goes under 18 so "making" is complete even if it needs smithing to be functional as a semi auto gun, correct?

Also, what else do I need for SBSs? Does anyone make a SxS 12 ga that can take 3.5" mag shells? Thought that might be fun. Just looking for ideas. I love short shotguns and haven't been able to own them before.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The answer to your first question is yes (and it can be any FFL smith; no SOT required).

Not sure about 3.5" SxS. One could probably be reamed if you can't find one.

I would prefer a VEPR-12 to the Saiga, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure there have been 3.5" SxS's made but not sure if anyone makes one currently. You might find it easier to find a 10ga SxS over a 3.5" 12ga.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 1:16:22 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, the 12ga is awesome, I'm just trying to limit the # of calibers I have to buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top