Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2020 11:43:30 PM EDT
What's else competes in this "category" of modular (short and long), lightweight, F/A rated to .300 RUM and no barrel length restrictions?

https://ruggedsuppressors.com/product/radiant762-lightweight-suppressor/
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Omega 36m is somewhat comparable
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#2]
ATF just took out my tax for this can yesterday.  Now it’s in jail for a while.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The Radiant is in a league of it's own in terms of weight and modularity.  I wish the long module had a few more baffles to get the suppression up near the Nomad.  I'm hoping another company copies the design soon so we can get one with standardized mount options.  Rugged makes great stuff.  I only have their Obsidian, but it just feels so well built compared to an Octane 45.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the Radiant is the best rifle can in their lineup and underrated. I can’t help but think if Rugged went to the Omega mount pattern they’d sell more cans.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I really hope they don't go to the Omega mount pattern, at least not for their hard use cans.  I like their stuff the way that it is, and don't want to deal with more stuff possibly unscrewing.  Given how quickly some of their cans come and go at Silencershop, I doubt they are struggling.  I'm considering buying a Surge to go with my Micro.

The big question mark for me on the Radiant in particular is metering data on semi auto firearms.  Even with that issue I think it has unique features that set it apart from its competitors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the Radiant is the best rifle can in their lineup and underrated. I can’t help but think if Rugged went to the Omega mount pattern they’d sell more cans.
View Quote

I've got one in jail but I agree if they opened up the mount options it would be more popular
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I really hope they don't go to the Omega mount pattern, at least not for their hard use cans.  I like their stuff the way that it is, and don't want to deal with more stuff possibly unscrewing.  Given how quickly some of their cans come and go at Silencershop, I doubt they are struggling.  I'm considering buying a Surge to go with my Micro.

The big question mark for me on the Radiant in particular is metering data on semi auto firearms.  Even with that issue I think it has unique features that set it apart from its competitors.
View Quote

I don’t disagree about an integral mount being more solid but the rest of the market is moving in the other direction. If you want to broaden your customer base I think offering more flexibility is a good way to do it. Guys are saying “I would like to own a Radiant but I don’t want to outfit all my rifles with their devices when I’ve standardized on Omega thread pattern choices.” Variety is fun in this hobby and forcing people to stick with your own setup is limiting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Radiant is in a league of it's own in terms of weight and modularity.  I wish the long module had a few more baffles to get the suppression up near the Nomad.  I'm hoping another company copies the design soon so we can get one with standardized mount options.  Rugged makes great stuff.  I only have their Obsidian, but it just feels so well built compared to an Octane 45.
View Quote

I put a radiant in jail back in october. The radiant is a 1.5" diameter can vs the nomad is 1.7", so it will take more then baffles. I'm curious the effect more baffles would have. I would GUESS it is more weight for very little suppression gain. The radiant is lighter then the nomad and omega. A side by side meter of the nomad and radiant would be nice, but I would really like to hear them in person side by side.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top