Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:

I would guess the flash hiders are threaded on the two models in the original post.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Macumazahn:
Cool, but why not threaded?

I would guess the flash hiders are threaded on the two models in the original post.

That would be my guess, but it doesn't say that - usually it will say a thread pitch to show it is threaded...
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]

That would be my guess, but it doesn't say that - usually it will say a thread pitch to show it is threaded...
View All Quotes
Cool, but why not threaded?

If those barrels are not threaded for $700 that would be the biggest gun fail of the year
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Just added the Samson heatshield. Looks way better now.

Link Posted: 9/27/2023 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It it threaded? I have one in the cart….
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rn22723:
They are exclusive to MGE Wholesale.

Get the A-Team memories churning!
View Quote

Buds has them for $669.99 and so does two other sites I checked.

Hard pass...
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Crap
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:
I don't know why those stocks are so expensive, I feel like Samson would sell more by knocking the price down 30%.
View Quote

Ford could sell more base model pickups as well, but when is the last time you saw one.

During the pandemic with automakers facing limited chip supplies they maximized profits with limited production by only making pick up trucks that had lots of options. It’s now the most profitable sector in the auto industry.

Car manufacturers in general have followed that model with the result that there are only three models of cars that can be bought for under $20,000.  

Samson is doing the same thing.  Yes, they could sell an a lot more if they cut the price 30%.  But then they would make less on every one of them and would have to produce more of them to make the same profit.  Welcome to the unrestrained capitalist hell scape.

I don’t care when it comes to luxury items and a Samson stock on a 10/22 is a luxury item.  I do care when it impacts things like health care, where a life flight by helicopter comes with a $60K bill, more than twice what it was 15 years ago and four times what it was 25 years ago.  At some point it goes from a fair profit to gouging for what ever you think the market will tolerate and then writing it off as a “loss” when you can’t collect.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Way back in the day I put a Federal Ordinance stock on my 10/22.  

I also like the Samson stock on the Mini 14, if you have a need for something shorter to pack and carry.

But I don’t see myself spending $670 on a 10/22 with a Samson stock.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Just added the Samson heatshield. Looks way better now.

https://i.imgur.com/eE2EXR6.jpg
View Quote

Sure does, I purchased one of the heatshields to try out as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally finished mine

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
I finally finished mine
https://i.imgur.com/Syn1T48.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BrxRYrz.jpg
View Quote

Awesome build
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I wish the metal piece fit in the rear sight dove tail a bit tighter on the Samson B Team Heatshield, everything tightened down fine with no play but it was concerning at first.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish the metal piece fit in the rear sight dove tail a bit tighter on the Samson B Team Heatshield, everything tightened down fine with no play but it was concerning at first.
View Quote

Is that the only way to mount the Heatshield?  I have a 16" Ruger barrel that is treaded, but no front or rear sight.  Wondering if the HS could be mounted somehow without a rear sight notch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Slingblade2006:

Is that the only way to mount the Heatshield?  I have a 16" Ruger barrel that is treaded, but no front or rear sight.  Wondering if the HS could be mounted somehow without a rear sight notch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Slingblade2006:

I’m not sure how it would mount minus a dove tail.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 9:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#15]
Here's the installation video from Samson Mfg.

Samson Manufacturing B-TM Heat Shield Installation

You could easily modify it to fit with a clip so the screw tightens down to the slipover clip, that's similar to how the John Mason and Choate 10/22 heatshields are installed except they use a rivet. You could buy one from Midway USA, rob the slipover clip, then drill/thread the clip.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004672454?pid=180573
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#16]
You could easily modify it to fit with a clip so the screw tightens down to the slipover clip, that's similar to how the Choate 10/22 heatshield installed except they used a rivet.
View Quote

Thanks, good to know.  I was hoping the sampson b-tm might drop in price and pick one up.  I think the heat shield looks really cool.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:26:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#17]
Can anyone recommend a set of picatinny scope rings that will allow me to use my Samson irons as well?

I might go with these

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HN5H8Y?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:
Way back in the day I put a Federal Ordinance stock on my 10/22.  

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/Rimfires/.highres/IMG_3390_zps8decf046.jpg?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds

I also like the Samson stock on the Mini 14, if you have a need for something shorter to pack and carry.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h470/SDBB57/IMG_1225.HEIC?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds

But I don’t see myself spending $670 on a 10/22 with a Samson stock.

View Quote

OK, I've got to know: who makes that awesome M14 style front end stuff? Or is it one off custom?
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#19]
@JDoggyHoplite
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I put mine together last year. The stock isn't cheap, but it's very well done.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like it needs a large round bolt handle.  Otherwise, I like the configuration.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TheGoon:
I put mine together last year. The stock isn't cheap, but it's very well done.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81273/IMG_20231012_105045005_jpg-2988277.JPG
View Quote

Looks great!  Love the blasted barrel.  I did the same.  I’ve never liked how the “stainless” 10/22 receiver doesn’t match the shiny barrel.  Looks much better with the barrel blasted.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok... believe ima have to have that...
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 1:29:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:

If those barrels are not threaded for $700 that would be the biggest gun fail of the year
View Quote
Not really, get a stamp and have the machinist thread it after cutting it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:08:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#25]
Originally Posted By thatguybryan:
I can't find these models on rugers website. Do you have the other model number and a link to the ruger site perhaps? Curious if this is just a limited run.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thatguybryan:
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:
The 31184 is already shipping. I see Rifle Gear already has them up on their website.
I can't find these models on rugers website. Do you have the other model number and a link to the ruger site perhaps? Curious if this is just a limited run.
They're also not listed on any distributor's site.   Rifle Gear does claim to have them in stock, though.   They must do enough volume to be getting them from a distributor before the distr even lists it.
model 31184  UPC 736676311842 black
model 31185 UPC 736676311859 silver

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:12:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#26]
Originally Posted By rn22723:
They are exclusive to MGE Wholesale.
Get the A-Team memories churning!
View Quote
Oh MGE - I almost never check them for anything, as they usually don't have diddly.   In fact, they are literally at the very bottom of my Distributors bookmarks folder.

ETA:   I checked MGE for both part numbers, both UPCs; all came up zip.   Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#27]
BTW, this is the one of the coolest 10/22s ever:

Just got one - it's the 2024 USST Talo special.   I also have the 2021, 2020, 2010, 2007, 2006 versions; all NIB.   AFAIK, that's the whole set.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
I just want the stock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sparky923:

View Quote

The Stock
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
BTW, this is the one of the coolest 10/22s ever:
https://i.imgur.com/5bi9GtA.jpg
Just got one - it's the 2024 USST Talo special.   I also have the 2021, 2020, 2010, 2007, 2006 versions; all NIB.   AFAIK, that's the whole set.
View Quote

Not even in the top ten
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#31]
ok.. I fent.. twice!!! Hopefully they ship out on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I finally finished mine
View Quote

Very nice! What barrel length is that? I'd like to replicate this for a Norrell trigger pack.
@CaptShiess
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:21:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptShiess] [#33]
Originally Posted By kingschronicles:

Very nice! What barrel length is that? I'd like to replicate this for a Norrell trigger pack.
@CaptShiess
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kingschronicles:
I finally finished mine

@CaptShiess

That would be amazing in a norrell pack! I’ll measure it a bit later but I want to say 10”.  I’ll double check.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HUCK70] [#34]
Picked up a stock this afternoon, it is well made IMO. I only had time to run a few mags thru it, tons on fun. I still need to pick up a heat shield, barrel band, a cigar and a cool black van. I used a Vortex red dot that I got a deal on with the factory Ruger rail. I am pretty happy with the set up and might not get the Samson sight kit. I am going to get the barrel threaded sometime soon. Every time I look at it the A-Team theme plays in my head.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:24:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#35]
Originally Posted By HUCK70:
Picked up a stock this afternoon, it is well made IMO. I only had time to run a few mags thru it, tons on fun. I still need to pick up the a heat shield, barrel band, a cigar and a cool black van. I used a Vortex red dot that I got a deal on with the factory Ruger rail. I am pretty happy with the set up and might not get the Samson sight kit. I am going to get the barrel threaded sometime soon. Every time I look at it the A-Team theme plays in my head.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32514/IMG_4464_jpeg-3019435.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32514/72108727264__BA1AB25D-1393-4084-ABE4-672-3019437.JPG

View Quote

Just remember that the B TM Heatshield requires the removal of the rear flip up sight, so you won't have any irons without the Sight Kit. I'm not sure how much you even use them if at all anymore with a Red dot but it's nice to have the option.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I know it's only for looks, but Samson's 10/22 flash hider is a great addition to this rifle too.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Well yeah , it has "the look" .

I got that out of my system 30+ years ago when I purchased a M1 Carbine with a folding stock. Come to find out the folder on mine was a poor copy of the GI folder. Kind of floppy and being a folder it never had the desired geometry to it. In other words it was a pretty crappy shooter.

Sold the crappy stock to someone who couldn't live without it and bought a banged up old GI stock from a trashcan at a gunshow ($15.00 )

Still have the sweet M1 , don't miss the folder.

Over the years have shot various shotguns and rifles equipped with folding stocks and have been pretty unimpressed . I get they all have a somewhat cool look and it allows you to conceal to a certain extent but if I can't use them worth a darn what good are they?

Ruger and some distributers have been busy cranking out interesting special models , most I  myself don't want to spend the extra money  on but if they can make it work , why not?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Picked mine up yesterday.  Won't be able to shoot it till a replacement barrel band shows up.  The plastic one broke at the 90 degree base of the bolt hole.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By nhsport:
Well yeah , it has "the look" .

I got that out of my system 30+ years ago when I purchased a M1 Carbine with a folding stock. Come to find out the folder on mine was a poor copy of the GI folder. Kind of floppy and being a folder it never had the desired geometry to it. In other words it was a pretty crappy shooter.

Sold the crappy stock to someone who couldn't live without it and bought a banged up old GI stock from a trashcan at a gunshow ($15.00 )

Still have the sweet M1 , don't miss the folder.

Over the years have shot various shotguns and rifles equipped with folding stocks and have been pretty unimpressed . I get they all have a somewhat cool look and it allows you to conceal to a certain extent but if I can't use them worth a darn what good are they?

Ruger and some distributers have been busy cranking out interesting special models , most I  myself don't want to spend the extra money  on but if they can make it work , why not?
View Quote

I don't think anybody is buying one of these with the expectation of superb accuracy, especially those of us who watched the A-Team miss everything they shot at in the 80's.

Sometimes, fun is all you need and that can be well worth a darn. I have a binary trigger installed in mine. That makes it a LOT of fun.

Luckily, Ruger makes a shit load of 10/22's and there is a ton of aftermarket support. There are plenty of options for everyone-from precision shooting to varmint control to teaching new shooters to just turning money into noise and grins.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#40]

Just remember that the B TM Heatshield requires the removal of the rear flip up sight, so you won't have any irons without the Sight Kit. I'm not sure how much you even use them if at all anymore with a Red dot but it's nice to have the option.
View Quote

The barrel mounted irons are completely unusable with this stock anyways. The cheek weld is simply too high compared to the OEM stock.

Red dot is the best answer. If you want irons you will need taller ones like the Samson kit, Tech Sights, or the old Nodak Spud Irons.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
I just want the stock.
View Quote

I just want everything but the stock.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By triburst1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By s4s4u:  I just want the stock.

One of you needs to go buy a rifle & take it apart, & put some of it in a shipping box.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

One of you needs to go buy a rifle & take it apart, & put some of it in a shipping box.
View All Quotes

I’ve been asking for a 16” threaded 10/22 with irons for about a decade.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Have you looked at the Winchester Wildcat?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#45]

View Quote

@triburst1, Ruger now has two models via Davidson Distributors that are 16", threaded, and have iron sights on the barrel.

I used the stainless one, 31183, and bought a Samson stainless folder on my own and put the two together.

Model 31182 is black. UPC 736676311828. Heres a link to places that carry it and prices.

Model 31183 is stainless. UPC 736676311835 Heres a link to places that carry it and prices.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#46]

@triburst1, Ruger now has two models via Davidson Distributors that are 16", threaded, and have iron sights on the barrel.

I used the stainless one, 31183, and bought a Samson stainless folder on my own and put the two together.

Model 31182 is black. UPC 736676311828. Heres a link to places that carry it and prices.

Model 31183 is stainless. UPC 736676311835 Heres a link to places that carry it and prices.

https://images.theoutdoorwire.com/2023/07/13/6dbd0d9a-422a-42eb-aa0b-2c8be0f0dbd1_600x350.jpg
View All Quotes

https://images.theoutdoorwire.com/2023/07/13/6dbd0d9a-422a-42eb-aa0b-2c8be0f0dbd1_600x350.jpg

That’s an improvement at least. What I really want is the 16” threaded barrel with the rail and peep sight in the modular stock. All of their threaded barrels should be 16” by default. The only reason people want threaded .22s is for a suppressor and nobody running a suppressor prefers their 18.5” barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:25:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN] [#47]
I want one of these as an SBR and accessorized for NV readiness.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#48]
There's a B-TM Stock for sale right now in the EE for a good price, (No Affiliation) Here's the link.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-Samson-B-TM-10-22-Stock/150-2399513/
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#49]

That’s an improvement at least. What I really want is the 16” threaded barrel with the rail and peep sight in the modular stock. All of their threaded barrels should be 16” by default. The only reason people want threaded .22s is for a suppressor and nobody running a suppressor prefers their 18.5” barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/IMG_0781_jpeg-3027089.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/IMG_0782_jpeg-3027090.JPG
View Quote

Every single GI since WWI has been trained on aperture sights. Why in Heaven's name is Ruger just now getting around to decent aperture sights on the 10/22?? I get most people put scopes on them, but look at Appleseed, you train in that with irons. I know the aftermarket is producing irons for the thing, but I actually prefer the ones Ruger is putting out, I just wish they made more models available with them.
Anyone know if the Sampson stock will work on the M1 version 10/22? When I say work I mean will the stock and upper wood handguard on that version mate up or will they have to be fitted?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 2:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#50]
GUN.DEALS lists UPC 736676311842 for the blue RUGER at GRABAGUN having it for $599 but when you click on it and go to the site

IT'S

$699  

I thinking of buying the Ruger Charger, E-Form 1, and the SAMSON folder will make nice little package
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top