Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2020 10:19:32 PM EDT
Just scored one, know nothing about it. Stock adjustments are fine, not a big fan of the look but I’ve been shooting a savage in a mdt chassis lately so I’m biased. I turned the trigger adjustment all the way out and it didn’t seem to change the pull from what my finger can tell. Good, crisp, but I would think it should be lighter. My single 1.5lb kidd is my control. I’d put this one on par with a vulquartsen. Good, but heavy.   Barrel looks bull-ish but wondering if the rest of the gun is worth a $250 Shaw or not. What can you tell me?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It will hit what you point it at. Very accurate...at least the ones I have are, .22 mag precision rimfire and 6.5 cm precision rifle

What caliber is it in?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a 22

Hence posting this in the 22 forum
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
My boys RPRR actually has a great OEM barrel.

Shoots ~1/2” @50 yards 5 shot groups with mid grade ammo.

Stock is great especially for kids and going in between other shooters.

Trigger on my boys has been ok.

Only problem I have had is extraction but I will say it’s my boys favorite rimfire after the POF rebel
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A Ruger vid on utube explains that the stock trigger will not go less than 2.5lbs, even with the screw adjusted all the way out. May need to go after market for a lighter pull weight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Ruger vid on utube explains that the stock trigger will not go less than 2.5lbs, even with the screw adjusted all the way out. May need to go after market for a lighter pull weight.
View Quote
Same results I had. Then, I removed the heavy factory trigger reset spring and replaced it with one from a clicky pen. Pull weight is 1.5lb now. No reset issues and I tried to get it to fire by smacking here and there with a dead blow hammer, never could get it to fire unless I pulled the trigger.

Some have simply removed the reset spring entirely and let the trigger safety blade do the reset. I did try that but found it would fail to reset sometimes and it was NOT smack or drop safe....
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Ooo interesting. I’ll have to open it up and see about that spring swap
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Love mine.  It is stupid accurate with CCI standard .22 LR and almost as good with Aguila standard velocity or high velocity.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both the 22LR and 22MAG. Both are very accurate, with MAG ammo being tough to find I have only used a lightweight Hornady ammo so far. The 22LR seems to like everything I've put in it so far, the federal black box and Federal target match are the best so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top